Changes in board room | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Changes in board room

Oct 24, 2013
How many kids are on the board? See loads of them at matches, so guess the board must include them to be truly representative.

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ixelles/The City of Plymouth
lyndhurst green":1r5v8bjg said:
Um....LGBT people like football too. And football as a whole has a hell of lot of work today in making them feel welcome in grounds.

And as for your argument that they aren't repressed, not sure which utopia you are living in to make that claim.

Agreed.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Brussels Bureaucrat":nu4wmi9t said:
lyndhurst green":nu4wmi9t said:
Um....LGBT people like football too. And football as a whole has a hell of lot of work today in making them feel welcome in grounds.

And as for your argument that they aren't repressed, not sure which utopia you are living in to make that claim.

Agreed.

For a start, people of colour and women are what they are. When you're sat next to someone anywhere does anyone tell you as a form of introduction I'm LGB or T? No, thought not.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
lyndhurst green":3o1d8ka7 said:

And as for your argument that they haven't been historically repressed, not sure which utopia you are living in to make that claim.

How are people stopping them going to a match? The same for women or people of colour, I don't see men only or white only entrances at any grounds I've been to.

Also, why does it need to be LGBT and why not SLGBT or LGBTS and the S stands for straight btw.

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ade the green":11an6l96 said:
Brussels Bureaucrat":11an6l96 said:
lyndhurst green":11an6l96 said:

Agreed.

For a start, people of colour and women are what they are. When you're sat next to someone anywhere does anyone tell you as a form of introduction I'm LGB or T? No, thought not.

Fair enough, let's not bother making any effort then.

Oct 24, 2013
Really not understanding your argument Ade, but I suspect it has little to do with the original post.

What is stopping them coming to a match? Try pretty explicit , unfiltered, hostile homophobic comments uttered by many people at crowds I have been in. Do these get reported to stewards? Are the culprits issues with bans? Or is this just accepted as part of the match day experience?

You say that you have no problem with women or people of colour because 'they are identifiable', so presumably to satisfy your requirements, LGBT persons would need to be identifiable too? I really don't get what you are getting at here, and to be honest I don't really want to give you a spade to dig your hole any deeper.

Agree to disagree I guess.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Brussels Bureaucrat":1ngy9se2 said:
Ade the green":1ngy9se2 said:
Brussels Bureaucrat":1ngy9se2 said:
lyndhurst green":1ngy9se2 said:

Agreed.

Fair enough, let's not bother making any effort then.

Okay, you're correct. Let's hope Julian Clary brings in the missing 20,000 we'll need to be sustainable in the premier league.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
lyndhurst green":1nnqw57j said:
Really not understanding your argument Ade, but I suspect it has little to do with the original post.

Really! Okay, if you look around the ground can you count Women and draw up a comparison? Can you then look at people of colour and do the same? How can you tell right now whether we meet the "quota" of LGBT or not?

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
lyndhurst green":2ht4g8od said:

What is stopping them coming to a match? Try pretty explicit , unfiltered, hostile homophobic comments uttered by many people at crowds I have been in. Do these get reported to stewards? Are the culprits issues with bans? Or is this just accepted as part of the match day experience?

You say that you have no problem with women or people of colour because 'they are identifiable', so presumably to satisfy your requirements, LGBT persons would need to be identifiable too? I really don't get what you are getting at here, and to be honest I don't really want to give you a spade to dig your hole any deeper.

Don't put words in my mouth. I have not said I have intolerance towards anyone at any football match. I have not said anyone needs to be pigeonholed into any category, my only question which you fail to answer is how do you know how many LGBT people go to football already. My only concession to whether you can tell a woman or person of colour by looking at them I assume you'll say I'm wrong.

Of the people around me at Home Park there must be 20 to 30 people within spitting distance (which doesn't mean I spit either BTW). Of them there is 0 people of colour and 5-6 women. How, please can you tell me can I say to you right now how many people are LGBT?

You say about homophobic chants, I can't say I ever, EVER hear any so what should I complain about?

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Ade the green":3cwjpqhk said:
lyndhurst green":3cwjpqhk said:

Really! Okay, if you look around the ground can you count Women and draw up a comparison? Can you then look at people of colour and do the same? How can you tell right now whether we meet the "quota" of LGBT or not?

Argyle is cancelled today. The crowd was only 100% football supporters and failed to get their quota of women, gays, lesbians and "of colour ".

Brussels Bureaucrat

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jun 16, 2017
Ade the green":1s6ef0qn said:
lyndhurst green":1s6ef0qn said:

Don't put words in my mouth. I have not said I have intolerance towards anyone at any football match. I have not said anyone needs to be pigeonholed into any category, my only question which you fail to answer is how do you know how many LGBT people go to football already. My only concession to whether you can tell a woman or person of colour by looking at them I assume you'll say I'm wrong.

Of the people around me at Home Park there must be 20 to 30 people within spitting distance (which doesn't mean I spit either BTW). Of them there is 0 people of colour and 5-6 women. How, please can you tell me can I say to you right now how many people are LGBT?

You say about homophobic chants, I can't say I ever, EVER hear any so what should I complain about?

Never heard the "we can see you holding hands" song against Brighton?

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Brussels Bureaucrat":3tui71w2 said:
Ade the green":3tui71w2 said:
lyndhurst green":3tui71w2 said:

Never heard the "we can see you holding hands" song against Brighton?

No I haven't. When did we last play Brighton?

I have heard the old sheep shagger being sung at Welsh clubs, Bristol clubs and any South West clubs including us.