Channel 5 Football league tonight | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Channel 5 Football league tonight

Apr 6, 2009
It's pretty embarrassing to show the fact that Exeter made merchandise when a striker scored a single goal! Isn't that his job

May 22, 2006
It's not that they're odd-looking, but the way the fans just stand around, motionless and emotionless, just gives the whole show a somewhat creepy feel to it.
Last week they had people facing in all different directions like some messed-up waxworks.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Steve.PAFC2012":1v0579mr said:
Some odd looking Exeter fans appeared on there tonight.

Nothing surprising in that statement!

I just don't get the show! They should have been creaming all-over that we are five points clear at the top but nothing in the talk after the goals just goings-on about a mediocre mid table team. It is irrelevant that it was Exeter.

Sep 29, 2013
plymouth
I know Morrison doesn't speak vey good England, but you would think someone at Ch5 could have informed him of the correct position to wear his poppy as he obviously doesn't know his left from his right. What a complete dork! He must appear for nothing, that's why they keep getting him back!

May 22, 2006
Those brave men and women died to protect our freedom. NOW WEAR YOUR POPPY PROPERLY OR ELSE...

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Jimmytheoneo":2w3tvpvd said:
I know Morrison doesn't speak vey good England, but you would think someone at Ch5 could have informed him of the correct position to wear his poppy as he obviously doesn't know his left from his right. What a complete dork! He must appear for nothing, that's why they keep getting him back!
At least he had the poppy in the right place today when he was summarising Everton v Sunderland for SSN. That said, his punditry was as pathetic as it always is. He must have a good agent (perhaps the same one as Virgo).

C

Cobi Budge.

Virgo isn't great but he's far better than Clinton can ever hope to be.

As for the show, still, I just don't get it. I thought after the amount of criticism it's received it would have at least tried to improve, do they think they are doing a good job?

1. The presenting is dreadful, the two 'hosts' just come across as awkward, un-knowledgeable & 'cheesy'.

2. The audience, well, this is what I really don't get, it's creepy, why do you need a studio audience standing staring into space with gormless expressions? They've tried to follow the top gear model and failed embarrassingly. The audience seem to come to life whenever there's an advert break, whooping, clapping and cheering, it's cringeworthy. Incidentally, why would any fan travel to London to be part of the show?

3. The 'special guests', sometimes the special guests aren't that bad, championship players etc, but they are asked pointless questions about other clubs which they can only vaguely answer, I mean what's a Charlton player going to know about the quality in Carlisle's side?

4. The lack of highlights. At least they've stopped jumping between league's, but still, they talk over some highlights about things that aren't even related to what's being shown.

5. The constant technical hick ups.

It's just amazing how they've managed to get such a simple task so very wrong. You could make a perfectly credible highlights show with a 1/4 of the budget they must use.