Cheapskate trophy against them up the road! | Page 14 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Cheapskate trophy against them up the road!

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
GreenArmy1984":npqde5tm said:
Yes excellent meal in the tribute lounge last night for hospitality

1st Class Service

High Recommend it

I can't see punters paying from £5k to £20k per season for a choice of Lasagne or Curry though. Roll on the grandstand refurb.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
Just nice to put them lot up the road in their place. :greensmile:

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
We have to find form from somewhere and if it's from a drawn game/penalty victory against them it will be worth it. We all know why people are boycotting this competition but just now the short term gain might be worth it.

We will only know of any benefit come Saturday against Fleetwood though.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Remember they're a 4th division side. They must have pulled us down! :greensmile:

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
falmouthgreen":3e1dfu0m said:
Mike Greening":3e1dfu0m said:
Just nice to put them lot up the road in their place. :greensmile:
Albeit against their reserve side! :coat:

When you look at the names in their side was hardly a reserves team, and the players that we had unavailable for various reasons was hardly a first team. Seems we did a little bit better when Carey was subbed. I think overall the teams were evens. :greensmile:

Jul 29, 2010
jimsing":7s44uvdj said:
You can only beat what is put in front of you!
Indeed, but we didn't beat them.

I concede that Argyle were on a hiding to nothing on Tuesday. They are legally obliged to participate in this charade despite having voted with the will of the green army against the format. I don't disagree with DA using it as a means to pump confidence into the squad and settle Sokolik into tbe right back spot.

A strong team though against a weakened L2 side should be a win, they weren't going to get any palm fronds laid before them on an open topped bus tour of the city for doing that, but they should win and move on with little or no fanfare. But fail to beat them or even lose and the objective of the exercise was lost, confidence wouldn't be gained.

What it is being heralded as though, in this and the other "even at our lowest point" thread is some kind of victory.

There have been numerous examples of head burying on PASOTI down the years but a 2-2 draw against an Exeter City 2nd Xl doth not a win make. The fact it was in a bullsh1t competition that allows for a game show style bonus point for penalty kicks should not cloud any judgement on what it was, a draw. 2-2 is a drawn match, the result is recorded as a draw in the Joke-a-trade table and a drawn 90 minutes at home against a lower league reserve team simply cannot be classed as anything to be proud of.

By extension it's like claiming Liverpool were proud to draw at home to us earlier in the year, nuts :facepalm:

It's done, we move on, but let's not be so desperate to find the positive that we polish turds and thrust something wholly disappointing up as being a great achievement. It wasn't.

Nov 4, 2012
GreenArmy1984":55fnxth3 said:
We are unbeaten in this years Checkatrade Trophy

Yeovil Away Next Up - Tuesday 28th November

Top 2 of the group go into knockstages

The Big Prize - The Final at Wembley stadium 8th April

Bore off ffs.

Jul 29, 2010
PAFC94":2p83ka6w said:
GreenArmy1984":2p83ka6w said:
We are unbeaten in this years Checkatrade Trophy

Yeovil Away Next Up - Tuesday 28th November

Top 2 of the group go into knockstages

The Big Prize - The Final at Wembley stadium 8th April

Bore off ffs.
Sorry, I try not to bite, but I have to agree.

The competition is widely derided, not just at Argyle but nationwide. After the early unpleasantness leading up to the Chelsea Creche game most on both sides of the boycott/support divide have unconsciously settled on an unspoken truce. Lines were drawn and we have our chosen sides, the Exeter game approached, happened and passed without the same levels of antagonism.

GA84 however seems determined to stoke hostilities with these constantly posted 'hand grenades' luzzed over from his trench.

Most others have reached a point of either heartfelt or grudging respect for the opposite viewpoint yet Oberluetenant Von Optimism wants war. Insufferable chirpy self satisfaction this week about the price of his hospitality meal (ever stopped to think WHY it was so cheap?) and the state of the least important league table of all time risks sticking a bayonet in old wounds. You either have to believe an individual is THAT stupid as to be blissfully unaware of the effect of what he's posting or he's doing it deliberately.

Either way the rest of the posters, agreeing with his self stroking appreciation of the competition or not, are supposed to sit in silence, teeth grinding, and just take it, or risk being censured themselves.

Well sorry mods, I have tried so hard but that was one post that willfully failed to 'read the room' too many for me. I therefore agree with PAFC94 and will go further...

...bore the f**k off this subject please GA. Allow the uneasy peace regarding this most contentious of competitions to continue and stop picking wounds just to see how much they bleed.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
One more thing :D

Posting like this :thumbs:

Really razzes me off :thumbup:

Full sentences :scarf: