Cheapskate trophy against them up the road! | Page 13 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Cheapskate trophy against them up the road!

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
GreenArmy1984":1nj70zx3 said:
Find it very hard to understand so much negativity towards a Cup competition like the checkatrade trophy

The prize is Wembley Cup final & the club wins money as we progress

Maybe it's just me looking forward to the Devon Derby tonight

Well done Argyle on special priced Hospitality Just Ā£30+vat :thumbs:

COYGs :scarf:
:shocked:

Guiri Green":s6kg59ae said:
People have stayed at home and ......tapped keyboards. Feet up in the sitting room isn't difficult, but if that's anybodies doing your bit taking one for the cause, then well done.

As a season ticket holder who attends every game home and away, I've personally found staying away whilst we are playing our neighbours from up the road, extremely difficult.

Missing any match we play certainly isn't the easy option for me and has really tested the strength of my convictions and principles, goodness knows how difficult I would find a self imposed boycott if we reached Wembley, but sometimes the bigger picture is much more important.

I've stayed away because I care so much about the club and league football, not because it's easier to sit at home with my feet up on a Tuesday evening (If that was the case I wouldn't of travelled to Wigan or be looking forward to the equally daft forthcoming Tuesday night match at Blackburn).

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
Steve.PAFC2012":1gsz6ys5 said:
GreenArmy1984":1gsz6ys5 said:
Find it very hard to understand so much negativity towards a Cup competition like the checkatrade trophy

Unbelievable, isn't it? :facepalm:

Sep 28, 2003
London
Johndelve":3hh689n4 said:
Iā€™m sure others would decide to attend a Wembley final in this competition despite Boycotting earlier rounds.
Personally, I wouldnā€™t .

I wouldn't, and it's a short-ish trip on the Jubilee Line.

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
Emeraldinho":1eae2ckj said:
Steve.PAFC2012":1eae2ckj said:
GreenArmy1984":1eae2ckj said:

Unbelievable, isn't it? :facepalm:

Does he not realise why the hospitality is Ā£30?

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
Johndelve":3srb5i7j said:
Iā€™m sure others would decide to attend a Wembley final in this competition despite Boycotting earlier rounds.
Personally, I wouldnā€™t .

I wouldn't. But have no issue with those who attend and would attend a final.

Feb 8, 2005
Lundan Cabbie":2a3vfkx6 said:
I can't imagine what the choice of meals were.

Choice of Lasagne or Curry with either rice, potatoes, salad or combination, followed by choice of 5 desserts, cheesecake, chocolate slice, raspberry torte, all topped with cream (calorie free of course).

Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Lundan Cabbie

āšŖļø Pasoti Visitor āšŖļø
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
I didn't think the choice would be too adventurous at that price. I never doubted it would thoroughly enjoyable though.

Oct 31, 2015
Why are people talking about Wembley. We are miles away from that in terms of the competition and there is no chance of us progressing.