Cheapskate trophy against them up the road! | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Cheapskate trophy against them up the road!

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Ade the green":1r4eblm8 said:
PL2 3DQ":1r4eblm8 said:
Ade the green":1r4eblm8 said:
This isn't about the boycott.

It's about them in League 2 being a lot better team than us in League 1.

:facepalm: You're obsessed with them.

Not necessarily but it's quite obvious they're starting the season better than weever had for about 10 years and they can score goals! Right now, is it a game you think you'd enjoy?

Nope. I won't be there as part of the boycott of this 'competition'.
Besides, the 'game' is a month away and far too early to even mention it, especially when we have far more important League One games to focus on.

And I don't care how Exeter have started the season.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
metroace":257we5yv said:
I was hoping that people could have left this subject out. We are polarised about this matter. Let's not get angry with each other again.

Agreed. I've let my negative emotions towards this competition and Shaun Harvey get the better of me ahead of the Chelsea match.

I still cannot comprehend why anyone wishes to support this competition. I'm afraid you can't attend and not support this competition, it's not possible sadly thanks to Shaun Harvey.

I would hope that the Green Army may have more respect for our club and league than to allow any form of degradation, whether in the 4th priority trophy or not. Clearly it's a torn subject though.

All 72 clubs should be joint on this, though the 24 Championship sides seem ambivalent until they're relegated into taking part. Im personally concerned that so many are not bothered by the sly intentions of this competition, but am encouraged that the majority remain committed against it.

This competition always had cheap ticket incentives, but was not marketed on anywhere near the same level. This competition always encouraged the use of the extended squad and youth players. The competition was not broken (it needed rejuvenating for sure), it didn't need to become a B teams through the backdoor trophy. It didn't need to become a platform to divide fanbases throughout the country and stir arguments. Or a competition where our club makes sarcastic comments towards sections of our fanbase. Or one where our media team provides distorted post match quotes from our manager.

Put it back to how it was before. Remove B teams and market the competition better. Provide opportunities for youngsters to turn up on the cheap. And for low income families to see their local side. It can retain all the positives, while losing the one HUGE and rather dangerous negative.

This farce match coming up in the calendar is no true derby and I think everyone is aware of that. It's just all a bit sad.

Jul 29, 2010
SwimWithTheTide":2thfvjgx said:
metroace":2thfvjgx said:
I was hoping that people could have left this subject out. We are polarised about this matter. Let's not get angry with each other again.

Agreed. I've let my negative emotions towards this competition and Shaun Harvey get the better of me ahead of the Chelsea match.

I still cannot comprehend why anyone wishes to support this competition. I'm afraid you can't attend and not support this competition, it's not possible sadly thanks to Shaun Harvey.

I would hope that the Green Army may have more respect for our club and league than to allow any form of degradation, whether in the 4th priority trophy or not. Clearly it's a torn subject though.

All 72 clubs should be joint on this, though the 24 Championship sides seem ambivalent until they're relegated into taking part. Im personally concerned that so many are not bothered by the sly intentions of this competition, but am encouraged that the majority remain committed against it.

This competition always had cheap ticket incentives, but was not marketed on anywhere near the same level. This competition always encouraged the use of the extended squad and youth players. The competition was not broken (it needed rejuvenating for sure), it didn't need to become a B teams through the backdoor trophy. It didn't need to become a platform to divide fanbases throughout the country and stir arguments. Or a competition where our club makes sarcastic comments towards sections of our fanbase. Or one where our media team provides distorted post match quotes from our manager.

Put it back to how it was before. Remove B teams and market the competition better. Provide opportunities for youngsters to turn up on the cheap. And for low income families to see their local side. It can retain all the positives, while losing the one HUGE and rather dangerous negative.

This farce match coming up in the calendar is no true derby and I think everyone is aware of that. It's just all a bit sad.
Wot 'ee said.

It's a sideshow with malevolent undercurrents. Whilst it is an obligation to play the fixtures, that can be done without insulting the majority of the fans who told the club how they felt when consulted. The Chelsea creche game was annoying enough but the approach the club took, media department particularly, was even more offensive.

I hope to god someone with the common sense to see how badly that approach played out last time has squeezed the balls of those responsible very very tightly and we don't see a repeat. pee poor from Argyle that, when the majority fan opinion about the competition was made very clear to them...and they voted in accordance with that expressed opinion.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
X Isle":2oe6fr6e said:
SwimWithTheTide":2oe6fr6e said:
metroace":2oe6fr6e said:

pi$$ poor from Argyle that, when the majority fan opinion about the competition was made very clear to them...and they voted in accordance with that expressed opinion.

The club did listen to the majority and they voted accordingly. Argyle accepted that majority view.

Then the Football League clubs held that vote, the majority being in favour of the competition. Argyle once again accepted that majority view despite having voted against.

I believe they have been very democratic all round.

Mar 18, 2006
If people choose to attend this one, that is their choice and they have ever right to go and cheer on their team.
I just hope that once Shaun Harvey and the Premier league get their way, and B teams start replacing lower league teams that these same people still get to watch Argyle ( and even that lot up the road ) play league football in the future .

May 8, 2011
Johndelve":stvfv2ve said:
If people choose to attend this one, that is their choice and they have ever right to go and cheer on their team.
I just hope that once Shaun Harvey and the Premier league get their way, and B teams start replacing lower league teams that these same people still get to watch Argyle ( and even that lot up the road ) play league football in the future .

So what will be the procedure for replacing existing League Clubs?

Mar 18, 2006
HC Green":2qc8hb7r said:
Johndelve":2qc8hb7r said:

The time will come when the EFL and Premier League announce the introduction of B teams was a great success . The Prem will then throw money at the Football league to get B teams into the league . At that point existing league teams will fall by the wayside.
This competition is not about nurturing young English talent as they claim it is, if that were the case, They would insist that Prem B teams field at least 8-9 young English players ( under 23). No such rule applies and thats why you get 35 year old foreign players or even young foreign players in every line up.

If you have a different view , so be it. All about opinions .
But I, like many others would rather not attend such a competition and miss out watching my team in the short term, to ensure that my club survives long term.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
This thread was never intended to rehash the same boring subject of the cheapskate trophy. Everyone knows each other's position and will decide themselves.

This thread was (whether you believe it or not) a tongue in cheek response to the advertising for this game and the fact that them up the road have a glorious chance to A) embarrass us on the pitch and B) do it with a number of our ex players.

As this was not intended to travel the road worn down by previous threads and nothing new has been added is it worth the mods just deleting the whole thing. Like so many threads on here it tends that gallows humour is never accepted and the same people lead the threads onto areas already covered so many, many times before.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Johndelve":3buxt2e7 said:
HC Green":3buxt2e7 said:
Johndelve":3buxt2e7 said:

The time will come when the EFL and Premier League announce the introduction of B teams was a great success . The Prem will then throw money at the Football league to get B teams into the league . At that point existing league teams will fall by the wayside.
This competition is not about nurturing young English talent as they claim it is, if that were the case, They would insist that Prem B teams field at least 8-9 young English players ( under 23). No such rule applies and thats why you get 35 year old foreign players or even young foreign players in every line up.

If you have a different view , so be it. All about opinions .
But I, like many others would rather not attend such a competition and miss out watching my team in the short term, to ensure that my club survives long term.

Some people have such vivid imaginations. The Premier League have NEVER proposed or even suggested that their B teams should play in the Football League.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Maybe you should have left out the following Ade: With everyone boycotting these games..............

Nov 4, 2012
I agree about not having this argument every time we have to play in this farce. It's been done to death.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Pep ain't the Premier League. He is a mere employee and will probably be gone before this could ever come to pass. Of course he would think it's a good idea because that's what they do back in own his country. Telling the media that he likes the way they do things back home is hardly a call for English football to go that way. I would hazard a guess that he has never lobbied his bosses to bring this up at EPL meetings.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Keepitgreen":3fqutt74 said:
Maybe you should have left out the following Ade: With everyone boycotting these games..............

Probably, I just meant no-one would be there to see the trainwreck. Never mind. My one caveat I would place is as posty said,, it's over a month away so we have time to sort out our poo.

Again please... tongue in cheek.