Cheapskate trophy against them up the road! | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Cheapskate trophy against them up the road!

Mark Colling

♣️ PASTA Member
Sep 23, 2003
Brizzle
www.groupspaces.com
Mark_Colling":1w9fq4dv said:
PAFC94":1w9fq4dv said:
I agree about not having this argument every time we have to play in this farce. It's been done to death.
I've supported Argyle once; I was right then but I've made my point so I won't do it again.
... or, less flippantly, if you think it's important, you don't just let it drop.

It may not be stated Premier League policy to have BTeams in the league, but why bother with Agent Harvey in place?

How can people take the competition seriously when the rules are different for different teams? It is no longer a first team competition.

... and with with Milk Cup draw taking place in Beijing; that's a farce too. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if BTeams are in that instead of PL first teams within five years.

metroace

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Sep 8, 2011
Glenholt
Mark_Colling":1m7kau10 said:
Mark_Colling":1m7kau10 said:
PAFC94":1m7kau10 said:
I agree about not having this argument every time we have to play in this farce. It's been done to death.
I've supported Argyle once; I was right then but I've made my point so I won't do it again.
... or, less flippantly, if you think it's important, you don't just let it drop.

It may not be stated Premier League policy to have BTeams in the league, but why bother with Agent Harvey in place?

How can people take the competition seriously when the rules are different for different teams? It is no longer a first team competition.

... and with with Milk Cup draw taking place in Beijing; that's a farce too. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if BTeams are in that instead of PL first teams within five years.

Then they could have their own competitions for B Teams and we could re-invent the wheel with a competition for EFL clubs only.

Mark Colling

♣️ PASTA Member
Sep 23, 2003
Brizzle
www.groupspaces.com
metroace":poerdnaq said:
Mark_Colling":poerdnaq said:
Mark_Colling":poerdnaq said:
PAFC94":poerdnaq said:

Then they could have their own competitions for B Teams and we could re-invent the wheel with a competition for EFL clubs only.
I would argue that ditching the Milk Cup and Farce Trophy with one cup for the 72 league clubs would be better but that doesn't fit Agent Harvey's "Show Me The Money" Agenda

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
Politics aside, entertainment is obviously paramount, and the U23 game at least seemed to provide better on that front than the farcically uncompetitive game at the Turnips.

With the wealth divide there must come a time when uncompetitive fixtures against the top two leagues is so unentertaining as not to be worth the nostalgia trip.

Which makes local games say against Exiter the better option.

And Harvey's mitigation strategy futile rather than that foolish.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
khennes_904":1xj3axkx said:
Tuesday 3rd October 2017 at Home Park KO 7.45 pm .

Sadly I will not be able to attend .

Nor me, there's a Doris Day film on.

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
I am considering popping along. So long as the team are going to make an effort it's a proper game. I don't think Adams can ask his players to play at 80% in a Devon derby regardless of the competition. You can be sure that the Greasy'uns will take their cup final as seriously as ever.