Club President wants Mayflower open for Pompey | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Club President wants Mayflower open for Pompey

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
There are several companies who do offer temporary seating....

http://www.wernick.co.uk/seating/produc ... d-seating/

http://www.arenagroup.com/products/seat ... randstands

http://www.mobile-grandstands.co.uk/

One has an an approx price of £14 per seat, if we were to install 3,000 seats it would cost the club £42,000, and if they were to charge £20 a ticket it would be a profit £6 a seat or £18,000 BUT the four clubs in the play-off semi-finals only receive 50% of total income from the four games, so we would only get 12.5% of the total attendance from the four games.
Financially it may not be worth it but for the atmosphere and intimidation it would be brilliant!

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
Ade the green":10gn6fte said:
Keepitgreen":10gn6fte said:
CornishGreenWhite":10gn6fte said:
Keepitgreen":10gn6fte said:
CornishGreenWhite":10gn6fte said:
As well as getting the mayflower open, move the family stand back to block 1 and get the old Zoo Corner opened up next season. The atmosphere has all but died these days.
I don't know why people keep going on about moving it. The Family Zone For All (I think that's it's proper name) is a resounding success and I can't see it moving.

Why couldn't it a resounding success in Block 1?
What they've built up underneath the stand wouldn't fit under Block 1.

I think a lot of people forget that the family stand is open to both home and away families to buy tickets. For that reason, the only way to make block 1 the family stand is to give the whole of the Devonport end over to away fans.
Point well made Ade.

Sep 28, 2003
London
PL2 3DQ":1jvxogig said:
There are several companies who do offer temporary seating....

http://www.wernick.co.uk/seating/produc ... d-seating/

http://www.arenagroup.com/products/seat ... randstands

http://www.mobile-grandstands.co.uk/

One has an an approx price of £14 per seat, if we were to install 3,000 seats it would cost the club £42,000, and if they were to charge £20 a ticket it would be a profit £6 a seat or £18,000 BUT the four clubs in the play-off semi-finals only receive 50% of total income from the four games, so we would only get 12.5% of the total attendance from the four games.
Financially it may not be worth it but for the atmosphere and intimidation it would be brilliant!

I'd consider that completely, totally and irrecoverably worth it, but I suspect the chairman won't.

C

CornishGreenWhite

Ade the green":3ccedpxk said:
Keepitgreen":3ccedpxk said:
CornishGreenWhite":3ccedpxk said:
Keepitgreen":3ccedpxk said:
CornishGreenWhite":3ccedpxk said:
As well as getting the mayflower open, move the family stand back to block 1 and get the old Zoo Corner opened up next season. The atmosphere has all but died these days.
I don't know why people keep going on about moving it. The Family Zone For All (I think that's it's proper name) is a resounding success and I can't see it moving.

I think a lot of people forget that the family stand is open to both home and away families to buy tickets. For that reason, the only way to make block 1 the family stand is to give the whole of the Devonport end over to away fans.

I'd like to know how many away fans actually use the family section. i'd guess at hardly any. you never see anyone in there celebrating when the away team scores. I think you're being a bit silly there mate.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
cheshiregreen":wc1g1hug said:
IJN":wc1g1hug said:
'Interesting he has aired this'?

Why? Webby's an Argyle fan, and most I speak to, have been thinking for a long time that our dismal home results over the last five years is partly down to this.

I agree it would be an ideal thing to do. Whether the finances stack up is another matter.

Just meant he may have been able to start the discussion with his connections as opposed to saying it on twitter. Perhaps he has done that too?

Guess you might know whether that's happened.

Personally think the opening of the Mayflower long term would improve the look and atmosphere - another hangover from Mr Todd's leadership.

Sorry Cheshire, my question may have come across as aggressive.

My point is, Chris is an avid fan, and 99% of the time he tweets as that and not a representative of PAFC.

As I say, on a support basis, we NEED to do this to make Home Park what it ONCE was and that was certainly as intimidating as Fratton Park. At the moment, with the Mayflower closed, its hardly a 'welcome to hell' stadium.

"Let the end justify the means" ?

So IF it costs a few bob AND it is well-filled AND does the job AND gets us to Wembley AND gets us to League 1......................... ?

Maybe for ONCE, the Club can afford to speculate and bring in the booty ?

Keep the Faith :scarf:

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
CornishGreenWhite":1er1jfx5 said:
Ade the green":1er1jfx5 said:
Keepitgreen":1er1jfx5 said:
Keepitgreen":1er1jfx5 said:

I'd like to know how many away fans actually use the family section. i'd guess at hardly any. you never see anyone in there celebrating when the away team scores. I think you're being a bit silly there mate.

I didn't say any away fans used it. I said it was open for both sets of fans to buy tickets there. As for celebrations, when Argyle score my first thought isn't to look around the ground to make sure everyone is celebrating and when we're scored against my heads in my hands rather than looking at the away end or family end. You may of course but I doubt many do.

You have to remember where JB is coming from. He's not grown up with football rivalries ever being a consideration and from his perspective fans mixing is a good thing. Actually though, the Devonport end lends itself to segregation a lot better than the Barn Park end. With the emergency vehicle entrance taking up a sizeable gap the numbers lost for netting or fencing would mean more seats available at the other end. With the family enclosure not being over subscribed why not use the seats above the entrance as the buffer zone and so even less seats are lost?

M

Monkey Nuts

Pretty sure I mentioned this idea last year, and was told it was a twonk of an idea. It does look much better though!!

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
If my memory serves me correct, when the Horseshow was being built, or shortly afterwards, wasn't there a feeling that the Devonport end might not be switched to becoming the away end, so that they could bring the away fans coaches outside and make it easier for the police to get them into their buses and away from the ground?

LG":e3fu9rl7 said:
If my memory serves me correct, when the Horseshow was being built, or shortly afterwards, wasn't there a feeling that the Devonport end might not be switched to becoming the away end, so that they could bring the away fans coaches outside and make it easier for the police to get them into their buses and away from the ground?

True LG.

Although I am unsure how far down that road it actually got ?

Very logical ?

Keep the Faith :scarf:

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
It would be great to have the mayflower open, but I'm not sure if it's as simple as paying for the seats. Would the league have to aurthourise it? Would there be planning issues? I don't personally know, but it wouldn't surprise me if red tape means it's a non starter.