Club President wants Mayflower open for Pompey | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Club President wants Mayflower open for Pompey

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Ade we're not constantly on the brink ffs. We've not splashed out on signings this season. PL2 has provided several companies that could provide the seats cheaply. It's investment in the fans.

It won't happen, but it would be great to give something back to the fans.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
SwimWithTheTide":3mx733dh said:
Ade we're not constantly on the brink ffs. We've not splashed out on signings this season. PL2 has provided several companies that could provide the seats cheaply. It's investment in the fans.

It won't happen, but it would be great to give something back to the fans.

I don't know the financial state of the club, maybe you do? We've yet to pay the balloon payment and I'm using that as a point in time when the past misdemeanours can be assigned to history before making any finacial demands on the club.

I understand others wishing to get temp seating but the demanding language being used shows that some (not all) haven't learned the lessons of our recent history.

Who was it that said "those that refuse to learn the lessons of history are planning to make the same mistakes again!"

Would I want a full Mayflower? Yes but I'd rather know that that won't be at the jeapordy of something else.

L

Les Latcham

It's only worth investing in the seats if we thought we could fill them, i don't see any evidence of this and were better off keeping the cash to invest in next seasons squad.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
GreenArmy1984":37vsuz1k said:
Fantastic idea surely the cost of seats will pay for itself with a capacity crowd

Wasted space at the moment

Did you not read Ian's post? Even if they sold every seat for £25, take off the VAT, it leaves the club with just £2.50 per head for a one off home semi-final and that is before they pay for additional seating. They'll get some back from the "pool" but nothing significant.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
How about the young fans that will be able to attend and experience a true atmosphere at home park? The type of evening that could hook a fan for life.

Investment in fans goes beyond one game.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I don't think that it is practicable in the timescale for the play-off game but it would definitely improve the atmosphere if the Board took positive steps to implement this for next season.

Our new director, Mr Hallett, asked for 'Advice to the new Board Members'. I believe that he will be here next week so I have bumped the thread to include this.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Lundan Cabbie":1jky2dtm said:
GreenArmy1984":1jky2dtm said:
Fantastic idea surely the cost of seats will pay for itself with a capacity crowd

Wasted space at the moment

Did you not read Ian's post? Even if they sold every seat for £25, take off the VAT, it leaves the club with just £2.50 per head for a one off home semi-final and that is before they pay for additional seating. They'll get some back from the "pool" but nothing significant.

Exactly..... the sums do not add up to make this a viable proposition.I seem to remember that when seats were first installed when we were in the CCC that the club incurred losses even back then.

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
We won't sell out the home end anyway so not a great deal of point debating it. Not forgetting that there'll also be 2 blocks of OTT segregation too; can guarantee there'll be tickets available on the morning of the match still

Aug 13, 2006
Cornwall
If possible get it done. Makes a positive difference to the atmosphere. Intimidating for away squad too. I'm sure the club will be looking at this.

Jul 6, 2005
It ain't going to happen and any discussion regarding this is absolutely futile.

Looking to the future, based on his inability to deliver on a number of Projects he has been associated with, I strongly doubt that we will ever see a new grandstand under the present Chairman.

dunlop

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Keepitgreen":1yucrgb6 said:
CornishGreenWhite":1yucrgb6 said:
As well as getting the mayflower open, move the family stand back to block 1 and get the old Zoo Corner opened up next season. The atmosphere has all but died these days.
I don't know why people keep going on about moving it. The Family Zone For All (I think that's it's proper name) is a resounding success and I can't see it moving.

Bob can't agree how do you measure success do we have more families attending than when it was in the Devenport end.

It definetly has had a negative effect on the atmosphere in the ground, there was always good rivalry between Zoo Corner and the Devenport end creating a fantastic atmosphere between the two sets of home supporters.

No football person would use the family zone as a barrier between home and away fans.

It would not surprise me if they move the family zone when we play Portsmouth.

As for the Mayflower the sooner that is open the better.

Tynan One Nil

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 23, 2013
I can't see it happening,but would be a welcome return if at all possible, for Pompey. Depending on results next week, if we are at home in 2nd leg and "still in it" , Home Park will indeed sell out IMO. On the same subject seems to be an opportunity for the club to cash in, by offering those attending the Hartlepool game, priority for the Pompey game( might tempt a few more, for what will be a low key game, Stormtroopers aside.)

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
dunlop":29pz5uot said:
Keepitgreen":29pz5uot said:
CornishGreenWhite":29pz5uot said:
As well as getting the mayflower open, move the family stand back to block 1 and get the old Zoo Corner opened up next season. The atmosphere has all but died these days.
I don't know why people keep going on about moving it. The Family Zone For All (I think that's it's proper name) is a resounding success and I can't see it moving.

Bob can't agree how do you measure success do we have more families attending than when it was in the Devonport end.

It definetly has had a negative effect on the atmosphere in the ground, there was always good rivalry between Zoo Corner and the Devonport end creating a fantastic atmosphere between the two sets of home supporters.

No football person would use the family zone as a barrier between home and away fans.

It would not surprise me if they move the family zone when we play Portsmouth.

As for the Mayflower the sooner that is open the better.
Mike, the club regard it as a roaring success. Hasn't it helped us win a couple of family awards. I agree that a lot of the atmosphere has been lost but logistically that corner is the only place for it.

Sep 1, 2010
Oxfordshire
I'm a bit late to this thread, but can someone explain why it could not be traditional terracing? A standing area?

We stand at Wimbledon and a few other 4th tier grounds. So why could this not be a low density standing area? Much cheaper to set up. How many used to stand in there? Even with todays health and safety, we should get more than 3000 spread out in that area?

Does anyone know if this is even remotely possible??