Club President wants Mayflower open for Pompey | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Club President wants Mayflower open for Pompey

C

Ceebs

Might this have implications on how small any replacement stand could be? If so I think the chances of it happening would be zero unfortunately.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
What would you do with the bus stops obscuring the view?

I guess you could move the benches back into the temp seating and further from the pitch! That might help.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Remember though peeps it's a great idea but we (including Chris) won't know the hidden costs that are bound to be there.

H&S has changed out of recognition on grounds, exits, bogs, etc etc.

We don't know what these costs are but I know from my experience of costings the hidden costs are the 'deal breakers'.

Love to see this happen as I suspect PAFC do, but we simply don't know the ins and outs of what people inside the club probably are aware of.

Nov 4, 2012
Would be great to see this happen even if it isn't cost effective.

Give Pompey Blocks 18 and up and get the Mayflower open. I believe it would sell out.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Would Pompey sell any more tickets?

How many MORE tickets would we have sold last season against Wycombe?

Be a shame to spend money we still so desperately need and not see any benefit, either on or off the pitch.

Nov 4, 2012
Ade the green":1aspwahf said:

Be a shame to spend money we still so desperately need and not see any benefit, either on or off the pitch.

Pompey will sell out regardless of what we give them. I reckon they'll be a higher demand than last year for home tickets aswell.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
PAFC94":xl636u9o said:
Ade the green":xl636u9o said:

Pompey will sell out regardless of what we give them. I reckon they'll be a higher demand than last year for home tickets aswell.

I don't think Pompey sold out their allocation for the league fixture and I know this will be the playoff semi but these games are going to be 19:30 kick offs which might make Pompey families less inclined to make the journey.

Mar 8, 2016
LG":qnav4rtt said:
If my memory serves me correct, when the Horseshow was being built, or shortly afterwards, wasn't there a feeling that the Devonport end might not be switched to becoming the away end, so that they could bring the away fans coaches outside and make it easier for the police to get them into their buses and away from the ground?

You're right it was mentioned, however this should never ever happen. its bad enough the far end of lyndhurst has been taken away let alone the Devonport being a away end. Iam nostagic and hate the thought of that idea.

Nov 4, 2012
Ade the green":2ud0rlkl said:
PAFC94":2ud0rlkl said:
Ade the green":2ud0rlkl said:

I don't think Pompey sold out their allocation for the league fixture and I know this will be the playoff semi but these games are going to be 19:30 kick offs which might make Pompey families less inclined to make the journey.

Well the way they bang on about their support constantly it would be pretty embarrassing if they didn't sell out.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
It's not going to happen because of the time restraints and no guarantee of covering the costs anyway. I don't think there is any guarantee we will sell out anyway as it is an evening kick off and it being live on Sky as well. I would hope so with it being Pompey but I think them and Rovers aside we wouldn't.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
jerryatricjanner":1d0eoczt said:
It's not going to happen because of the time restraints and no guarantee of covering the costs anyway. I don't think there is any guarantee we will sell out anyway as it is an evening kick off and it being live on Sky as well. I would hope so with it being Pompey but I think them and Rovers aside we wouldn't.

It would be a fantastic idea, if only to show JB what a rocking Home Park is like. As you say though, the risk that we'd lose money is not something that sits comfortably with me. After all, it was only a couple of weeks ago we welcomed new investment. What a waste that would be to throw it away on half empty temp seating.

Just out of interest, how many temp seats did we have last time?

Bubba

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 26, 2006
I doubt anything can be arranged at short notice. Installing the seats are the easy bit, the rules, regs and red tape will be the issue.

I miss the mayflower and I know many many more do as well, even if it's not there for the play off lets get something sorted for future seasons, I'm convinced it costs us points every season.

2 new board members must have invested something - what a way to introduce yourself to the fan base!

Apr 8, 2013
Pafc - sort this !!!!! So much better when open, look at the atmosphere v Colchester in play offs

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
I love the way people are making financial demands on the club that as we've seen could have ramifications far more pertenant to our future.

It's wishful thinking that this is even possible, that the club is only just coming out of the mire of financial mismanagement and it's astounding that people have no grasp of the consequences.