Credit to John Sheridan/Humble Pie time (merged). | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Credit to John Sheridan/Humble Pie time (merged).

Apr 15, 2008
London
Northernlightgreen":198zbane said:
Sour grapes, more important to sound off than it was to let a positive post go on a positive day, shame. Well done to all players, the manager and supporters today.

Don't worry about him, he's probably only been to 3 games this season. And i agree.

C

Ceebs

Credit indeed. I find it odd that anyone could attempt to pour scorn on our season, but it takes all sorts. If these people are disappointed and angry with JS after this season then they must have been apoplectic with James Brent after he said we were going for promotion in 2012/13 only to scrape survival on the last day of the season.

G

Greenskin

Northernlightgreen":2zjwq0vn said:
X Isle":2zjwq0vn said:
'He got us there'. Hmmm :think:

Ryanair will get you there. It won't be comfortable, it won't be pretty, you'll be hungry and you'll arrive quite some way short of where you actually need to be.

But Michael O'Leary got you there so you may consider that sufficient to give him credit.

You could however have flown with another airline. It could have exactly the same model of plane and exactly the same flight and cabin crew, only they'd been trained to that airline's better standards and workings practices and were committed to excellence.

Instead of being left uncomfortable, hungry and still requiring a long bus ride to where you want to be..... you could be there already having enjoyed a restful flight, lovely food and an A1 experience.

Should probably have bitten my lip and left it but that would be dishonest to my true feelings and the question I've been asking myself now for months....

'Because of, or in spite of'?

Sour grapes, more important to sound off than it was to let a positive post go on a positive day, shame. Well done to all players, the manager and supporters today.

Don't take any notice of the bloke, he's been lecturing everybody on here for donkey's years about being surrender monkeys or whatever- as soon as the going got a bit dodgy this year, he certainly didn't seem to be practicing what he preached. If he had stuck with Sheridan he'd have been on here tonight giving everyone the benefit of his opinions and lecturing anyone who disagreed with him about values and integrity and castigating anyone with a contrary view to his own about PASOTI negativity.

Anyway, presuming there are no disasters next week, well done to the manager and players on reaching the play offs but nothing has yet been achieved-a small step hopefully on the road to where everybody wants to be. Bottle of champagne to the Luton keeper as well, he made a horrendous rickets for the Southend goal today.

C

chronicgreen

X Isle":1nvc8c9c said:

Ryanair will get you there. It won't be comfortable, it won't be pretty, you'll be hungry and you'll arrive quite some way short of where you actually need to be.

But Michael O'Leary got you there so you may consider that sufficient to give him credit.

You could however have flown with another airline. It could have exactly the same model of plane and exactly the same flight and cabin crew, only they'd been trained to that airline's better standards and workings practices and were committed to excellence.

Instead of being left uncomfortable, hungry and still requiring a long bus ride to where you want to be..... you could be there already having enjoyed a restful flight, lovely food and an A1 experience.

Should probably have bitten my lip and left it but that would be dishonest to my true feelings and the question I've been asking myself now for months....

Just couldn't resist it could he :roll: Well done to the team and management for reaching the play offs, despite some inconsistent runs and lacklustre performances we are now in with a chance of finally getting out of this awful league and that is all we could've asked for at the start of the season, automatic promotion was always an unlikely event imo. Keep the faith and give the lads 100% backing, they're going to need it!

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Like others I'm not Sheridan's biggest fan and have called for him to leave but when people say its the players who got us here then its also worth noting who it was that signed them players..

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Getting us to the play-offs will be a good plus for his cv, getting us promoted will be a real boost for it. Other chairmen won't know or care about the 'dourness' of the journey just the final destination. Dare I say it, but perhaps an affectionate parting of the ways after a Wembley victory would be the perfect end and new beginning for both us and him.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Cobi Budge.":16q94wiw said:
I'm probably the last person you'd expect to start a thread praising the manager.

Look at me, Look at me

C

chronicgreen

GreenArmy1984":kmin4xyd said:
Well done John Sheridan Doing a Great Job At Argyle

Play offs here we come !!!! :thumbs:

In Sheridan We Trust :scarf:

You were right all along fella, check your PM inbox, it must be full of apologies :thumbs: :scarf:

Feb 22, 2008
Mainly Saltash
The lynch mob and killjoys are keeping a low profile, which is excellent news for the rest of us; we can enjoy this a little bit.

Who knows where we go from here? Glass half full for me.

And thank you John Sheridan.

:scarf:

Dec 7, 2006
X Isle":2kswe6f6 said:

That's exactly how I see it too. Well put. :clap: