Credit to John Sheridan/Humble Pie time (merged). | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Credit to John Sheridan/Humble Pie time (merged).

Oct 5, 2013
We aren't definitely there yet, and an 8-goal swing is unfortunately distinctly possible, with Shrewsbury going for the championship and Stevenage guaranteed 6th whatever their result. Therefore glad to see that JS is not taking anything for granted.
I found it surprising that 2 attacking players were brought on with five to go yesterday, surely not a good move at that point, and then we lost a goal off the GD by conceding.

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
I'm just looking forward to the 9th me. And next weekend, which will be a bit more relaxing now. Well done management and players. Now let's see how far this can go.

Feb 21, 2011
He can go tomorrow as far as I'm concerned 7th in this awful division is absolute minimum, get us through the playoffs and I may change my mind but all he's done is get us into the top third of the bottom division is that an achievement of note?

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
philevs":245ec5x2 said:
We aren't definitely there yet, and an 8-goal swing is unfortunately distinctly possible, with Shrewsbury going for the championship and Stevenage guaranteed 6th whatever their result. Therefore glad to see that JS is not taking anything for granted.
I found it surprising that 2 attacking players were brought on with five to go yesterday, surely not a good move at that point, and then we lost a goal off the GD by conceding.

I will eat my own face if that happens. Distinctly possible my arse.

Jan 10, 2015
Plymouth
Still not a fan of his, but very happy to be in play offs, dont think we will go up but would love to be proved wrong, my moan is we should already be up but for those three or four dire performances which im afraid I lay at the door of the manager - however more than happy even if we dont progress further.

Dec 2, 2010
Sheridan has achieved his stated target....but the prize is still to be had.

I am not a fan of his and I struggle to understand how a team with one of the best strikeforces, with over 30 goals; and a goals against record as good as Burton (only bettered by Shrewsbury) is not in the auto spots. The fact is our away form is low mid table due to our well known inability to to turn a losing position into a winning one.

But, after two seasons of relegation battles, and a 10th spot last year, this is progress and credit where it's due. The important thing now is to see out next week and give Reid a rest to get him in the best shape possible for the play-offs.

Aug 10, 2006
he needs to sort the defence out hopefully get them playing like they did at the start of the season we are shipping to many goal's at the minute.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
We do have a couple of decent strikers for this division but have been hampered by Reid only being 80% fit for half the season and having little back up of the required standard. The defence does look good when you look at goals conceded but when you play with 3 centre backs protected normally by 2 defensive midfielders then you shouldn't really concede a lot to be fair.
I thought the loan signing of Ansah might have given Sheridan the opportunity to rest Reid for a few games but if the injury needs surgery and a summer's rest then maybe it wasn't really an option? Progress has been made albeit marginal compared to last season with a stronger looking squad on paper. It's not been pretty for most to watch, it's not had a feel good factor for most and Sheridan's public persona portrays him as a pretty charmless individual to most of the fans but at the end of the day he has achieved the minimum goal set him and some credit is due for that. If he can steer us through the play offs against the odds then even more credit will be due. He may not ever win over our hearts but he has at least managed to give us some hope of our first successful campaign for 11 years. I for one forgot what it was like to go through the range of emotions I did yesterday as our match and Luton's match drew to a close.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Manager states his commitment.

Sheridan told Herald Sport: "We haven't done anything yet. That's the way I look at it. I'm not going home for a week and having time off

"I might nip home and have a day off, but there is a lot of work to be done.

"We need to get Wembley and it will be a great achievement if we get there.

Apr 4, 2015
he deserves some credit for getting us there and if we go up he should be given his chance next year, however I cant believe hes talking about days off at this point in our season. he should be at hp night and day for the next 2 weeks and if he isn't and we don't go up then he should go. if he is there and we fail then It depends on the performances for me.

Jul 3, 2013
cheshiregreen":13moqof1 said:
Manager states his commitment.

Sheridan told Herald Sport: "We haven't done anything yet. That's the way I look at it. I'm not going home for a week and having time off

"I might nip home and have a day off, but there is a lot of work to be done.

"We need to get Wembley and it will be a great achievement if we get there.

Ironic that when we were going through such a good run before Christmas, he spent much more time up north. During our recent patch this last 6 weeks has been down here pretty much full time So the folks using that as the reason for poor form can stick that in their pipe and smoke it!

I for one am glad we have hit our pre season target so congratulations on that, hopefully we will now punch above our budget and gain promotion.

Any chance of seeing who predicted what in the pre season poll just for a giggle :stir: :stir: :stir: :funny: