David Norris (coming back?) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

David Norris (coming back?)

1 year for me if he is coming. Less wages and less of a gamble and fair to sawyer who only
got 1 year. Agree also with others on a trial first route. Fitness must be proved at that age and with so
few games played recently. Legend or not. We have had too many midfielders over recent years
who never end up playing many games for us through being injury prone etc.

Sep 28, 2003
London
If he's going to be fit, I'd have him back in a heartbeat - not just from a nostalgia point of view, but because he's proven quality. Even if he has lost a yard of pace, he'd still be a cracking addition to a League 2 team.

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
DN never had great pace but could run all day, a pretty woeful finisher however, but it could work perhaps. All those hours of training for average L2 wages, wonder why he'd bother.

The Doctor

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
esmer":1eerpji9 said:
I'm not so sure, Norris's game was based on work rate and energy, would he be so effective at 34. A lot would depend on his fitness levels.

'was' is the key word here. His game was based on work rate and energy. That was when he was a young inexperienced player finding his way in professional football at the first league club that he played any significant number of games for. At that point he did not have the benefit of experience - he had only his talent and his work rate and energy. Since he left Argyle ~7 years ago he has played in ~200 games at a higher level. He will certainly have lost (some of) his pace but he will have gained an enormous amount of experience. He is a different player now and he must have a huge amount to offer like any other 34 year old player with over 400 games under his belt, almost at a higher level than League 2.

If he signs then I would expect it to be a 1 year deal (and then only if any injuries are clearly resolved). He has not been playing regularly anywhere recently and so he is not in a position to expect a longer contract and/or one at a higher level. But 1 year contract here would surely be much more attractive to him than something similar at many other clubs. I would guess he still owns a house down here. He has contacts down here. He has a great friend in the team. it would be quite an easy decision for him to make I think.

Aug 3, 2008
Plymouth
vibratingspider":32l34uns said:
Fantastic player with a real footballer's brain. I'd welcome him back with open arms.

:scarf:

!'d welcome back Tommy Tynan but I think we have to check on a player's fitness first.

pilgrimmike1

R.I.P
Oct 5, 2010
oggieland
newquaygreen":375s13u5 said:
I heard Rory Fallon is coming back :coat:

SHOCK.gif

Apr 30, 2011
He may have adapted as a player over the years and rely more now on physical strength and guile rather than 'energy'. I don't remember him being lightening quick, which is the first thing that goes as a player gets older. I don't think he has had any major injuries. It's a bit of a gamble (if there's even any truth to it) but if the wages aren't too much, I think it would be one worth taking.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Everyone will remember chuck norris as the duracell bunny,the all action man,but that was a few years ago, the current version is now 34,his energy has all but gone and he will be a shadow of his former self.If he comes back then so be it,but not for me......

memory man

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
It occurred to me after my original post that if there was still a useful player in there perhaps Luggy would have pounced by now.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Perhaps he tried, and Chuck said 'Yeovil? You're having a laugh'. :twisted: