Demand Argyle!! | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Demand Argyle!!

Jul 29, 2010
IJN":2yq0qjxf said:
Problem is both are not going to be around forever are they?

Steve IS retiring and Charlie could easily get a job and not be able to do this for us again.

I do understand that not being live is an issue, but I think if I lived away, I'd like to SEE my team playing.
You can, it's just a b*gger of a journey.

Highlights packages work because you get just that, the highlights. If MOTD or Goals on 5 played a whole game back, possibly even without commentary, later in the day no-one would watch it...and that's free! Why would you want to watch five minutes of Julio Goalio receiving treatment in silence? You'd end up fast forwarding to the goals...which is exactly what you get, for free, via the FL YouTube clips and MM.

The market will dictate if this works, but beyond GA84 I just don't see why people would invest in it. You just can't avoid knowing the scores for a couple of days, you probably couldn't ever, let alone now.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I got the impression this was the full match, am I wrong?

Jul 29, 2010
IJN":2fe4asmn said:
No, I don't think so, that's how I read it.

The point is, would you watch a whole match through, warts 'n' all, possibly without commentary, when you know the result. Argyle 7-0 Chesterfield perhaps...but even then would you bother with the second half?

If the answer is yes then crack on, i've no problem with Argyle parting fools from their money. It's just not for me, I suspect it would be a no for most.

...put it out on a half hour delay and you might have more takers. Curiosity can be postponed for that length of time. Monday or Tuesday the following week?, no chance.

May 16, 2016
Is this a precursor to losing the highlights/ extended highlights currently available within the prescription ? That and the commentary is sufficient for me at present.

The idea of a stand alone payment to see a complete 'cracker' of a game without a trek to the shop is appealing though.

Feb 8, 2005
IJN":1hu2qgrf said:

Full match with good professional commentary for the Cheltenham Match and Luton Town (not Radio Devon). However I don't hear any commentary on the recent Cambridge game, or the Mansfield match

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Don't get me wrong, I'm pleased that Argyle are looking at new forms of media and are coming up with some ideas to provide more service to fans - I just can't see this taking off for reasons that Xy has provided thus far.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
IJN":2jc4s7fv said:
It is the full match, but the commentary is "only when available".

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Can't think of anything worse than listen to a silent DVD.

Feb 8, 2005
IJN":1je676q5 said:
Can't think of anything worse than listen to a silent DVD.

It's NOT silent, just doesn't have any commentary, just like when you are at the match, see.

CarolinaGreen

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
Jun 10, 2006
Raleigh, North Carolina
X Isle":30sgwsd5 said:
It'll work for some. For me, unless it's live or only very slightly delayed so I can avoid the score, I won't want to sit through the whole game when I know the result and the scorers/times.

I'd rather stick with the wonderful, summarised and atmosphere encapsulating Matchday Moments. They cost nothing and give a unique perspective of the event as a whole.

Personally it's just a slightly cheaper and more technical version of the DVD's in the club shop and i've never been interested in them either, for the reason above.

Agreed. The tension and excitement is all gone if I know the score. I would buy on a per game basis if a game turned out to be something special, or a must see.

Working abroad, I would definitely buy on a game-game basis. Only problem is the cost of the data for a whole game, some not so desirable places charge the earth for data and wifi is still a long way off....

Oct 11, 2014
I would say 30 minutes highlights would be acceptable without commentary. However if showing the full match, then surely just having the BBC Radio Devon commentary as an option should be possible?