Demand Argyle!! | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Demand Argyle!!

Jun 1, 2015
Pett, East Sussex
It's probably worth bearing in mind that this service has been set up ready for live streaming and commentary when we are higher up the leagues. It's wise to put the framework in place now when it's cheap to do so being in the bottom division. The higher we are the more expensive things become, naturally.
Of course I might be wrong.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
I think you are wrong Pett. Football League rights and regulations mean that Argyle cannot stream Argyle matches live. The rights aren't owned by the club to sell.

SwimWithTheTide":3tymlaaw said:
I think you are wrong Pett. Football League rights and regulations mean that Argyle cannot stream Argyle matches live. The rights aren't owned by the club to sell.

That's what I thought. I watched my Spanish Segunda B team the other week on a €3.95 live stream, very easy.

If the games are being recorded anyway, is there a way of streaming live overseas? We get live EPL games after all.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Bermudian Green":26e78v2n said:
SwimWithTheTide":26e78v2n said:

That's what I thought. I watched my Spanish Segunda B team the other week on a €3.95 live stream, very easy.

If the games are being recorded anyway, is there a way of streaming live overseas? We get live EPL games after all.

If a game is being shown live somewhere in the world then the chances are you'll be a be able to find a stream online whether legal or illegal depending where you are. However if it is simply being recorded locally then the likelihood of finding a stream is probably zero.

Jun 1, 2015
Pett, East Sussex
SwimWithTheTide":vegbvj9e said:

The EFL, working with the clubs may be looking at maximizing revenue with PPV live feeds. I really don't know how the market is now developing and I think very few if any of us do either.

Regarding rights etc etc i'm pretty sure you can watch all Newcastle Utd games streaming. Then again I might be wrong!

My original point though was that it was set up for future revenue rather than the present charge and format as it really won't bring in much revenue.

S

sluggy_dave

I subscribe to Hibstv, and they broadcast all the home league games, and where possible away matches live.

If we were offering a similar service, I'd be interested, especially as an exile.

As other people have commented who would want to pay to watch a match after knowing the score.

I'll stick with argyle player commentary, while watching Hibstv video feed.

Jul 19, 2014
As an exile in London I'd love to be able to stream games live but wouldn't really be interested in watching the full 90 minutes of a game I already knew the score of and all the incidents a few days later. The Player highlights are pretty good now.

Would this hurt local attendances at Home Park though? Would people still get up and go in the rain if they could watch it online instead? I think this is the reason 3pm kick offs aren't allowed to be broadcast in the UK, they think it'll harm attendances. I know I'd rather be at Home Park but it's not on my doorstep anymore so being there is a special treat for me!

So if they could sort out a live service in the future, similar to the Hibs service mentioned above, sign me up!

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
It's the hard balance isn't it. Making Argyle available to all in a visual format, while keeping the lure of making the effort to get to Home Park.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
dellaclearing":2f6z5kf0 said:
As an exile in London I'd love to be able to stream games live but wouldn't really be interested in watching the full 90 minutes of a game I already knew the score of and all the incidents a few days later. The Player highlights are pretty good now.

Would this hurt local attendances at Home Park though? Would people still get up and go in the rain if they could watch it online instead? I think this is the reason 3pm kick offs aren't allowed to be broadcast in the UK, they think it'll harm attendances. I know I'd rather be at Home Park but it's not on my doorstep anymore so being there is a special treat for me!

So if they could sort out a live service in the future, similar to the Hibs service mentioned above, sign me up!

On the subject of does it harm attendances, its a case of yes and no. As a Palace fan I can watch every league game via streams but I still make the 450 mile round trip whenever I can. If it currently affects anyone, then it affects Argyle because although I like to come along to Home Park for a foot fix, I never do so if Palace are playing at the same time and I guess that would be the same for any of you if things were reversed.

Lundan Cabbie":iq0siquk said:
If a game is being shown live somewhere in the world then the chances are you'll be a be able to find a stream online whether legal or illegal depending where you are. However if it is simply being recorded locally then the likelihood of finding a stream is probably zero.

Well obviously I know that, I've spent 11 years perfecting the hunting down of illegal streams.

What I asked was if the games are being recorded anyway, is there a way of streaming live overseas?

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Bermudian Green":1m6zs63t said:
Lundan Cabbie":1m6zs63t said:

Well obviously I know that, I've spent 11 years perfecting the hunting down of illegal streams.

What I asked was if the games are being recorded anyway, is there a way of streaming live overseas?

I don't think so. The stream has to be put on the net somewhere by persons unknown but if it isn't being broadcast somewhere in the world, it just isn't available to them to stream illegally.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Lundan Cabbie":1yb86k2d said:
dellaclearing":1yb86k2d said:

On the subject of does it harm attendances, its a case of yes and no. As a Palace fan I can watch every league game via streams but I still make the 450 mile round trip whenever I can. If it currently affects anyone, then it affects Argyle because although I like to come along to Home Park for a foot fix, I never do so if Palace are playing at the same time and I guess that would be the same for any of you if things were reversed.
Don't they normally call that a fetish, not fix? :)

Surely Hibs streaming their games live in house would affect attendances? I'm not aware of any other club doing that other than lucrative friendlies/tournaments abroad.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Lundan Cabbie":xqj9w3wp said:
Do Hibs show their games live? Their website says live AUDIO commentaries.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/tv
sluggy_dave":xqj9w3wp said:
I subscribe to Hibstv, and they broadcast all the home league games, and where possible away matches live.

If we were offering a similar service, I'd be interested, especially as an exile.

As other people have commented who would want to pay to watch a match after knowing the score.

I'll stick with argyle player commentary, while watching Hibstv video feed.

Aug 5, 2005
Bermudian Green":2cqy5khz said:
SwimWithTheTide":2cqy5khz said:

As this is a multi-camera set up, to stream it live would need a gallery, including director, vision mixer etc. And then there are the rights to broadcast live images electronically, so it depends on who owns those and how much the licence would cost. All incredibly expensive.

To do it as an edited package just needs an editor and a laptop.