Demand Argyle!! | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Demand Argyle!!

S

sluggy_dave

Keepitgreen":gfvkhrbe said:
Lundan Cabbie":gfvkhrbe said:
Do Hibs show their games live? Their website says live AUDIO commentaries.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/tv
sluggy_dave":gfvkhrbe said:
I subscribe to Hibstv, and they broadcast all the home league games, and where possible away matches live.

If we were offering a similar service, I'd be interested, especially as an exile.

As other people have commented who would want to pay to watch a match after knowing the score.

I'll stick with argyle player commentary, while watching Hibstv video feed.

Sorry should have clarified, if you're outside of the UK you can watch the games live on Hibstv.

Mark Smith

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Luxembourg and Horsham
I think I could be tempted to pay for a few, if I'd heard on the AP comms that it had been a sparkling game and especially if we had won. Something for a wet Wednesday night.

But I agree that the thrill of the live, not knowing the score, knowing that anything could happen at any time, is nine tenths of the fun. Look at it from the other perspective. How many people would have gone to HP for the Luton game knowing the score in advance? Or left at half time against Mansfield, or only turned up for the last 10 minutes against Cheltenham? How many season tickets would we sell if the alternative was knowing in advance which would be the good games and which the duds?

I often record live games to watch later when the family has gone to bed, but I almost never bother to watch what I have recorded if I have accidentally heard the score. I'm sure we have all gone to great lengths to avoid hearing sports results when we've set it to record.

I'd probably be more prepared to pay a few quid more on demand for extended highlights, but I'll give this a try soon anyway. As for no comms, they could do worse than doing a deal to get the BBC commentary attached as an option.

Quizmike":30e3ylnj said:
As this is a multi-camera set up, to stream it live would need a gallery, including director, vision mixer etc. And then there are the rights to broadcast live images electronically, so it depends on who owns those and how much the licence would cost. All incredibly expensive.

To do it as an edited package just needs an editor and a laptop.

That's what I was getting at. The Santander game I streamed live via Shooowit only had one camera angle, and a Spanish version of Sparksy on comms. Really cannot have been expensive. I'm sure it just comes down to rights. Mind you, if you're in the UK, I don't see why you couldn't use a VPN and pretend you're overseas.

Feb 23, 2008
X Isle":1c1ss7mo said:
IJN":1c1ss7mo said:
I got the impression this was the full match, am I wrong?
No, I don't think so, that's how I read it.

The point is, would you watch a whole match through, warts 'n' all, possibly without commentary, when you know the result. Argyle 7-0 Chesterfield perhaps...but even then would you bother with the second half?

If the answer is yes then crack on, i've no problem with Argyle parting fools from their money. It's just not for me, I suspect it would be a no for most.

...put it out on a half hour delay and you might have more takers. Curiosity can be postponed for that length of time. Monday or Tuesday the following week?, no chance.

Not sure it'd be wise for Argyle to do anything that may affect attendances, great for fans who couldn't attend away games or fans in exile etc but I think a half hour delay could affect attendances adversely.

Jul 19, 2014
Has anyone tried this site out yet?

I can't find anywhere on the site saying how long after the game it'll be available to watch online.

If it's only a couple hours I'd be tempted to TRY to avoid listening to the commentary on Argyle Player, staying off PASOTI, avoiding the result and not reading any of the 100's of texts I'm likely to receive this afternoon! I may even volunteer to go shopping with the Mrs to keep myself busy/distracted for a few hours if there's a chance I can watch it later rather than listen.

If it'll be be tomorrow at the earliest though I can't wait that long, it'll be Argyle Player comms for me.

Jul 19, 2014
*** UNBELIEVABLE!!!***

How have I managed to miss that this was a 1pm kick off?!! Already missed the 1st half lol!!! Gutted, well there goes trying to avoid the result later this afternoon! On Argyle Player now!!!

Jun 10, 2015
Liverpool
They seem to have removed the result from the Exeter game now on the web page! Does anyone know if the website has the ability to chromecast the games? cheers! :scarf:

Sep 19, 2016
I've watched the Exeter Match on pafctv.co.uk and thoroughly enjoyed it - I saw the score on there when it was announced it was 'coming', but guess what, I did know the score on Saturday as I was more than interested in finding out what happened! So although a long way away it was great to see the whole match.

Sep 19, 2016
I have signed up for this service and must admit it is great to be able to sit down of an evening and watch he whole match from Home Park, and great to see the win of the Scum at their ground. The only thing missing from the matches, except for two of them, is commentary. I contacted them about this and, as is explained not he site, they have Andy Ballantyne lined up to do it, just that he away and hence unavailable at the moment. The reply said it would be good to get someone else who could do it - maybe an able fan. I would love to have a go but live hundreds of miles away. Any of Green Army close by who reckon they could do commentary? If so contact them on the pafctv website, you mat get a chance.. :thumbs:

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008