Demport End singing...... | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Demport End singing......

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
I'm surprised that with all the comments regarding Sheridan not having a relationship with the fans that nobody questions the fans support of Sheridan. He has seen Thomas in training daily and obviously he's wanted him to show more before playing him. Maybe this is to blunt his arrogance, who but Sheridan would know

Even after a good result we have a high number of fans willing for his failure instead of enjoying the moment. On days like today we need to take the opportunity to enjoy the moment instead of stirring resentment between players, manager and fans.

1985nhangingon

Ade the green":20fra4qh said:
I'm surprised that with all the comments regarding Sheridan not having a relationship with the fans that nobody questions the fans support of Sheridan. He has seen Thomas in training daily and obviously he's wanted him to show more before playing him. Maybe this is to blunt his arrogance, who but Sheridan would know

Even after a good result we have a high number of fans willing for his failure instead of enjoying the moment. On days like today we need to take the opportunity to enjoy the moment instead of stirring resentment between players, manager and fans.
I couldnt give a dam what hes like in training if he can play like he did today when it matters,Banton might be awesome in training but he sure is carp on match days

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
1985nhangingon":3dqmbut5 said:
Ade the green":3dqmbut5 said:

I couldnt give a dam what hes like in training if he can play like he did today when it matters,Banton might be awesome in training but he sure is carp on match days

JS may as well stay up north all week if there is no point in him witnessing how his players are performing every day.

Aug 25, 2006
Plymuff, D'em!
Lundan Cabbie":2lw4hkb9 said:
N.I_Green":2lw4hkb9 said:
I started that one. Not to abuse, merely to make him aware that SOME football fans know what they're talking about.. :)

Did you also make him aware that you see him performing in training every day just as JS does in order to know what you are talking about?

There was a moment in today's commentary when Guy Branston suggested why Thomas hadn't been given his chance. Any pro will tell you, if you aren't in the team then you have to prove yourself on the training ground. Do you really know for certain that NT has been putting pressure on the boss in this way?

Of course not, don't be so silly!

What I DO know is what I see on a game by game basis, and that is that Jason Banton has been getting away with being a pretend footballer for quite a while now, with no action taken by the manager. I also know that Nathan Thomas is probably the one player in our squad who hasn't been given a fair crack of the whip as yet. I also know I'm not the only one who shares this view, as evidenced by the calls for NT to be brought on on Tuesday night. We all know what happened there though..

Of course I don't know about training. Neither do I care, as I have a life and a job that are much more important than a daily stroll to Harper's park, so your point is invalid to me. I care about what I do see in matches though.

Anyway, I think most people see it for what it was, a bit of banter. I'm sure Mr Sheridan can handle it.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
1985nhangingon":27mx0mpf said:
Ade the green":27mx0mpf said:

But if he shows nothing in training how does Sheridan know how he'll perform on match day. We know he's shown flashes in training si Sheridan was looking for a little more consistency and discipline.

C

CKGreens

N.I_Green":12wib5g7 said:
Paven":12wib5g7 said:
Cringeworthy that.

What is?

Constantly playing people out of position? Making baffling tactical decisions, including straight-swapping players despite being in a losing position and needing to chase the game? Consistently ignoring a player who, yes, can be a bit naff at times, but also has the potential to be the one to unlock a defence, in favour of a pretend footballer who the manager admits is not a 50-50 player?!!

Or a fan who decided to have a bit of banter (NOT abuse, to reiterate) at the manager's expense because said player, who many fans have been clamouring to see get a real chance with us, made him look a bit of a pillock today?

Spot on!

Feb 25, 2007
St Blazey
As a club its a shame to see our home end look so empty. But
season ticket holders have the main area in the middle and they create little atmosphere. Others simply dont bother going in the Devonport now. Best thing that could happen is not to have any season ticket holders in that end. Reduce ticket prices in that end by just a couple quid. Encourage people ti use that end. I think youd improve the atmosphere alot and generate the interest in having a decent atmosphere amd get behind the team.

S

Semperfidelis

CornishPaul":3kiukwk5 said:
As a club its a shame to see our home end look so empty. But
season ticket holders have the main area in the middle and they create little atmosphere. Others simply dont bother going in the Devonport now. Best thing that could happen is not to have any season ticket holders in that end. Reduce ticket prices in that end by just a couple quid. Encourage people ti use that end. I think youd improve the atmosphere alot and generate the interest in having a decent atmosphere amd get behind the team.

Or... We could have the non ticket holders generating this atmosphere you're craving? There's still enough seats and it's only a case of singing up, I'm sure the season tickets who sing most games will join in! :scarf:

Jan 7, 2013
Ade the green":19rsxqln said:

Enjoy what? The three points yes.. but the performance you must be having a laugh!! I couldn't wait until it was over. How can you say willing for his failure are fans not allowed to be critical, yes won but it was carp..

Jan 7, 2013
xyz":3uc9f04w said:
I'm 110% sure he couldn't care less what the Devonport end were singing, pretty sure he's not driving back home now wiping away his tears at their hurtful words...
I am 111% sure it would have bugged him.. more angry than sad I'd imagine though! To hear his own fans mocking him and turning against him (some say was a bit of fun, I didn't get that impression) and gesturing to him with two fingers and shouts of f off Sheridan when he waved makes me pretty certain he'll be thinking about it over the weekend, wouldn't you!

Jun 8, 2014
clokey84":24fuh3ey said:
xyz":24fuh3ey said:
I'm 110% sure he couldn't care less what the Devonport end were singing, pretty sure he's not driving back home now wiping away his tears at their hurtful words...
I am 111% sure it would have bugged him.. more angry than sad I'd imagine though! To hear his own fans mocking him and turning against him (some say was a bit of fun, I didn't get that impression) and gesturing to him with two fingers and shouts of f off Sheridan when he waved makes me pretty certain he'll be thinking about it over the weekend, wouldn't you!

Exactly. It was in poor taste. Hilarious banter to some but you've got to know your audience. Something like 'we knew he had it in him' in a chant is in better taste than mocking the manager, especially when he sees them daily and knows so much more than the dozens of mini-managers we've got sitting in the stands.

He gave him a chance - Thomas scored - why can't everyone just be a winner?

P

pafcstafford

Sometimes I really am embarrassed by a small section of our support.

May 1, 2011
Ade the green":q5po01bu said:

Don't twiddle your thumbs whilst Rome burns.

May 1, 2011
Paven":3gh4x6l4 said:
clokey84":3gh4x6l4 said:
xyz":3gh4x6l4 said:

Exactly. It was in poor taste. Hilarious banter to some but you've got to know your audience. Something like 'we knew he had it in him' in a chant is in better taste than mocking the manager, especially when he sees them daily and knows so much more than the dozens of mini-managers we've got sitting in the stands.

He gave him a chance - Thomas scored - why can't everyone just be a winner?

If Sheridan knows so much more than any other fan are you suggesting he should never be questioned?

Here is a thought for you, if every ex player knew how to manage they would all be a sucess but the truth is most of them don't. Hence why only a handful of teams are sucessful and why so many ex players end up taking it easy by appearing on the telly. Sheridan isn't the messiah, the only job he could get is of a nothing mid table league 2 team in a footballing backwater. So forgive me if I don't hail him as a Wenger like genius who is operating on a level we don't understand.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Totally agree Clokey It was utterly lifeless at home against a Hartlepool team crying out for a stuffing.
The only bright spots were Thomas who was direct and exciting (hardly words you'd associate with the first half performance), McHugh playing at centre back where he looked really comfortable and competent (surprise surprise) and Morgan's first half efforts.