Demport End singing...... | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Demport End singing......

Nov 29, 2011
Plymouth
The bloke can't win. He changes the team, people complain. He stays with the same team from Tuesday, people will complain. He doesn't play Thomas, people complain. Thomas comes on for Reuben Reid, plays really well and people still complain.

"He wouldn't have come on if Reuben didn't pick up an injury"

"Why can the fans see it, but Sheridan can't?"

"Thomas scored and Argyle won, but that had nothing to do with Sheridan. He got lucky."

Mar 29, 2011
Problem is Sam some people would rather us get stuffed just so they can be 'proved right'. I think we put in a professional performance with a positive formation after Tuesday's dire game. Still, it was only Hartlepool and Thomas only played because the fans said so! Can't make it up!

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
A decent team playing attacking football would have put that game to bed by half time.
Sadly we have a midfield that is seemingly afraid of getting into the box to compliment the attack.
It was only thanks to a superb save by McCormick that an abject Hartlepool team didn't go in at half time on equal terms

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Bristol Rich":2korjrq5 said:
Ade the green":2korjrq5 said:
I'm surprised that with all the comments regarding Sheridan not having a relationship with the fans that nobody questions the fans support of Sheridan. He has seen Thomas in training daily and obviously he's wanted him to show more before playing him. Maybe this is to blunt his arrogance, who but Sheridan would know

Even after a good result we have a high number of fans willing for his failure instead of enjoying the moment. On days like today we need to take the opportunity to enjoy the moment instead of stirring resentment between players, manager and fans.

Don't twiddle your thumbs whilst Rome burns.

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. 3 points and still moaning!

May 1, 2011
Ade the green":1l4gxk6z said:
Bristol Rich":1l4gxk6z said:
Ade the green":1l4gxk6z said:
I'm surprised that with all the comments regarding Sheridan not having a relationship with the fans that nobody questions the fans support of Sheridan. He has seen Thomas in training daily and obviously he's wanted him to show more before playing him. Maybe this is to blunt his arrogance, who but Sheridan would know

Even after a good result we have a high number of fans willing for his failure instead of enjoying the moment. On days like today we need to take the opportunity to enjoy the moment instead of stirring resentment between players, manager and fans.

Don't twiddle your thumbs whilst Rome burns.

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. 3 points and still moaning!

It's not moaning, it's acknowledging there are still serious issues to address even after yesterday's result. Even a dead cat bounces!

Oct 5, 2013
Surely Thomas, not Banton, is the left winger we have been needing (possibly provided that Purrington is in the team); and surely Banton is the right winger we have been needing (and not A.N.Other) ?! Banton is clearly not a left winger, but surely he is a right winger, isn't he?

Feb 26, 2012
Ivybridge
philevs":1r4iq5do said:
Surely Thomas, not Banton, is the left winger we have been needing (possibly provided that Purrington is in the team); and surely Banton is the right winger we have been needing (and not A.N.Other) ?! Banton is clearly not a left winger, but surely he is a right winger, isn't he?

I'm inclined to agree. Pace, ability to beat a man, and a sweet right foot--but what do I know?

May 1, 2011
Sam Barker":g79l0n0j said:
The bloke can't win. He changes the team, people complain. He stays with the same team from Tuesday, people will complain. He doesn't play Thomas, people complain. Thomas comes on for Reuben Reid, plays really well and people still complain.

"Thomas scored and Argyle won, but that had nothing to do with Sheridan. He got lucky."

Is there not some merit in any of those statements?

Jan 7, 2013
Bristol Rich":2xbom5u6 said:
Sam Barker":2xbom5u6 said:

Is there not some merit in any of those statements?
Exactly!

Apr 3, 2010
These are the same fans that said Reid was useless, Sheridan said he could be the best striker in the league if we get him in the right condition people laughed ..... Just shows how little football fans know I trust the judgement of our manager over our fanbase, it's not as if he's a rookie manager he's proven himself at this level before and had a fantastic playing career he knows more than the supposed experts in the home stands.

Jan 7, 2013
I always rated Reid, and have up until the last few games been in the in Sheridan we trust brigade! Had enough now though, I will continue to support my club but believe we will go no where with this guy in charge.. slate me all you like but it is my opinion the guy does my head in!

Apr 3, 2010
I suppose his promotion with Chesterfield was fluke as well some of out fans would have you believe that I'm fully backing the manager at the minute I fail to see what good it will do getting rid of him to be honest he's built a team which he believes will get us out of the division by the end of his contract, for starters who the hell is going to come here and secondly they'll have different ideas for how we play etc it will set us back another yr minimum for them to build there own squad, we are not in a position where we need to desperately act to replace our manager not to mention the financial implications we'll have by paying up a 2 yr contract what do you think that would do to not only the playing budget but it would seriously restrict who we could get in to replace him do you really think Brent will dig deep to get someone in? Not a chance it will be a cheap option, let him do his job and let's see how we go.

Jan 7, 2013
You are right there is no way Brent will sack JS so we have to put up with what we have which I have been doing.. that doesn't mean I have to pretend to like our manager and never slate him whilst he continues to play players out of position and leave one of our best attacking players on the bench, and wonders why players won't move here when even he won't! Yes he got Chesterfield up then look what happened.. he is not the man to manage Plymouth Argyle IMO no passion for the club or city. Unfortunately he will be for the next year and a half though. For the record I want Argyle to win every game they play I'd never want us to lose to gain cheap points on pasoti!
If you check out earlier posts this season I have always been a glass half full sort of guy but my glass is half empty atm.. we won't go down and atm certainly aren't playing well enough to go up, time will tell.
COYG!!