Derek Adams has to go. | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Derek Adams has to go.

Derek Adams as manager?

• Stay

Votes: 164 43.6%
  • Go

Votes: 166 44.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 46 12.2%

• Total voters
May 30, 2008
Camberley, Surrey
Guiri Green":ff3g8eub said:
Charles.plym":ff3g8eub said:
Excuse after excuse , we are unlucky , it was the refs fault , we lost 3-0 but doncaster didnt get much change from us ?????
His denial is totally disrespectful to us all .

Seemed a fair assesment of the game to me. I didn't hear a list of excuses, but then again I wasn't hoping for any.

We lost 3-0 and didnt have a single shot on target

We are not unlucky

We are rubbish, and clearly have assembled a squad which is nowhere near good enough for this league

What is going to change? where are we going to find players who will improve us, with the window shut and a chairman whos pockets are stapled shut

The number of red cards is absolutely laughable

People say its only September, but the writing is clearly on the wall for all to see, for even the most optimistic

May 30, 2008
Camberley, Surrey
shortbred":38dovmtn said:
What a load of nonsense. We’re not even out of September, the comments that he isn’t capable at this level points to the fact you realise he hasn’t managed at this level before. Did you walk into your job/profession and were instantly perfect at it? If so hats off sir.

Absolute Nonsense

We cant afford for him to find out how to manage at this level

We will be relegated by then

Wake up and smell the coffee we are diabolical and Adams doesn't know what to do to change it

Whether that is due to poor recruitment, lack of financial support or poor management, or a combination of all three, the end result will be the same

RELEGATION

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
It's interesting the same people who argued that we make our own luck, and were not ever lucky last season, now claim we are unlucky every week. Luck been added to the equation this year?

Feb 17, 2017
We made Doncaster look like Real Madrid, they actually look like they are team a league above us, considering we were more than competitive with them last season, think this shows just how wrong Adams has got it and how poor we are performing at the moment. Yes Doncaster have probably strengthened but it was embarrassing at times, they were playing with us. I have a feeling Doncaster will be a bottom 8 side this season as will be bury and Walsall, and they all look far better than us.

Argyleloyal

Pasoti Announcer.
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 25, 2016
Are all you lot gonna chip in and pay him off?
If our budget isn't that good then how are the board gonna pay him off?

Oct 31, 2015
Were his post match comments for real!!!!!!!?

That is a man who has lost it. Im sorry but that shows no respect at all the GA. I thought little of him after the last 4 weeks that has just put the nail in the coffin for me.

HE HAS TO GO.

Dec 28, 2010
To be fair in my opinion both Bradley's and Sarcevic's red cards were correct although both were provoked without any intervention by the referees which should have happened, I believe teams are using this as an advantage which needs to be addressed and solved by our management team. Edwards and Careys red cards should never have stood but thats a matter of opinions.

One thing that is very clear and obvious is the protection we receive from referees is non existent compared to other teams, I have only been to the home games this season so can not comment on the away games but a challenge that receives a yellow for us can be done by the opposition many times but with no action taken. I took a friend who is completely neutral today (Swansea fan) and he mentioned this without any prompt from myself, in his opinion the decision making of the referee was inconsistant depending on what colour shirt the players are in. I replied its been like that for years but more noticeable this season. Example was the Sarcevic situation, I saw Sarcevic complain to the referee many times about the player he in the end touched heads with but the referee did nothing, just like he did moments before the sending off, Sarcevic then wrongly saw red and reacted.

Dont think Adams has "lost the dressing room" as some people have said but something has to change. My choice would be a change of formation, go back to basics, two banks of 4 with pace on the wings and two up front, keep things tight and attack as a team, people say its boring or old school football but it works and can steady the ship hopefully putting a stop to this slide we find ourselves in.

Football is full of opinions, we may all support the same team but our opinions are never going to be the same.

Alot of the season left to go, its never boring supporting Argyle.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
It's too early to sack Adams plus he has nearly three years left on his contract so we probably couldn't afford to sack him.

However the board of directors should pull him to task and have a word with him.

Most fans said we would look at the table after 10 games, well here we are at 9 games with one win, second from bottom, negative and containing tactics at home, almost as many red cards as goals and are the only team in all four leagues not to score a goal in the first half.

That last stat highlights the safety first and containing tactics during the first half of games.

C

Charles Plym

This is worse than anything sheridans teams produced by a bloody mile .

Dec 28, 2010
Charles.plym":3f5xtfjd said:
This is worse than anything sheridans teams produced by a bloody mile .

Disagree with this, some of the football played recently has been dire but with Sheridan we couldnt even string two passes together.

G

Greenskin

hoovermelon":2ms72whr said:
Guiri Green":2ms72whr said:
Charles.plym":2ms72whr said:
Excuse after excuse , we are unlucky , it was the refs fault , we lost 3-0 but doncaster didnt get much change from us ?????
His denial is totally disrespectful to us all .

Seemed a fair assesment of the game to me. I didn't hear a list of excuses, but then again I wasn't hoping for any.

We lost 3-0 and didnt have a single shot on target

We are not unlucky

We are rubbish, and clearly have assembled a squad which is nowhere near good enough for this league

What is going to change? where are we going to find players who will improve us, with the window shut and a chairman whos pockets are stapled shut

The number of red cards is absolutely laughable

People say its only September, but the writing is clearly on the wall for all to see, for even the most optimistic

Absolutely. Adams is getting all the inevitable stick from those apparently incapable of seeing the bigger picture but the writing has been on the wall since those signings dictated by an apparently stringent budget came to pass. Lameiras? Released by relegated Coventry. Grant? Couldn't get into Exeter's team. Sawyer? Released by relegated Orient. Sarcevic? Released by a then struggling Shrewsbury. Wylde? Not wanted by another league 1 side. Blissett? Bargain bucket signing from non league. Add a couple of goalkeepers not wanted by a club which let in 92 goals and another by a side relegated from non league and it makes a grisly picture, not even taking into account the dubious pedigree and career path of some of the other incomers. Argyle are crap because they simply have not met the investment level needed to cover the gap in standard and if Adams is sacked tomorrow, it won't make tuppenceworth of difference. Good to hear that some lads in the DE apparently starting to ask some questions to the higher levels of the club hierarchy today, didn't hear it though, couldn't stomach any more of that garbage.

Apr 9, 2009
Mutley
Argyleloyal87":1biq2b58 said:
Are all you lot gonna chip in and pay him off?
If our budget isn't that good then how are the board gonna pay him off?

That's their problem. They gave him a 4 year contract, they can cough up to get rid of him. Maybe they could use some of the Liverpool money. If it hasn't all gone on legal fees for planning applications or something.