Derek Adams has to go. | Page 14 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Derek Adams has to go.

Derek Adams as manager?

• Stay

Votes: 164 43.6%
  • Go

Votes: 166 44.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 46 12.2%

• Total voters

jlm

Jul 6, 2016
Although I'm not 100% convinced he can turn this around, I'd be happy for him to be given another 5 games or so. If we're still in the bottom 4 by the end of October then I think a change is fair. It was always going to be a tough season so I'd rather give DA a chance than take a punt on someone who's currently out of work. (Tin hat on)

Mar 8, 2016
It's a difficult one isn't it, when is the right time to say enough is enough? Who would replace dererk that would be an improvement? Would the new manager do any better with these players? However Something clearly isn't right, the defending is an absolute shambles, we couldn't score in a whore house and 4 sending offs in 4 consecutive home matches is Unheard of. I was expecting to lose a lot more this season but I honestly thought we would stay away from a relegation battle.

Jan 17, 2010
I'm like most on this site,in disbelief of how poor we are,with no plan b or attacking nouse,this must be blamed on Adams he bought these chimps, even with a poor budget he should have got a couple of c/f and a holding midfielder,if they turned out to be no good then blamed lack of funds;but to not get either is pi$$ poor, cifti has 1 good season to his name in a poor league,we are managers but we could all see what the situation was,2/3 games then goodbye

Apr 29, 2016
One of the reasons football is going down in my estimation. Why does there always have to be a blame culture. If the team isn’t performing it’s their fault sack them. If they have been performing and they don’t win enough Home games, sack them. If they can’t win a Tuesday nights game sack them. Those who attacked Holloway and Sturrock when they left us with a lack of loyalty well it works both ways. How anyone can be advocating getting rid of a manager with a 45% win percentage is beyond me. The best win percentage of anyone since 1910 ish.

Sep 6, 2006
edengreen":23evp5zo said:
I very much doubt that we would pay the contract up I knew an ex manager who told me in reality a manager my get 6 months pay off. Normally it's written in the terms of the contract but also it's by mutual consideration and depends on how the manager wants to move on if he has other offers it makes no sense to sit in the garden so to speak make no bone about it if we sacked Derek he would be a man in demand with his record

:funny: In demand by who? With a record of taking us to 2nd bottom League 1. They must be all queueing up.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Army green":xwk8thgr said:
It's a difficult one isn't it, when is the right time to say enough is enough? Who would replace dererk that would be an improvement? Would the new manager do any better with these players? However Something clearly isn't right, the defending is an absolute shambles, we couldn't score in a whore house and 4 sending offs in 4 consecutive home matches is Unheard of. I was expecting to lose a lot more this season but I honestly thought we would stay away from a relegation battle.

I think if we have over 12 points by 15 games, that's probably 'just' about good enough an improvement to carry on. Clearly, if we're still on 5 points by then, a change would have to be made because we absolutely cannot get relegated.

15 games is near enough a third of the way through a season, so any decision wouldn't be a knee jerk.

Sep 6, 2006
Quintrell_Green":7alje7s7 said:
ming the merciless":7alje7s7 said:
Sturrock yes please. At least his teams attempt to play football. Tisdale would be a dream appointment but won't happen. He's out of our reach. Really need shot of these useless clowns we have now. Keith Hill would be OK too.

Whilst you mention Tisdale's name, I would flag up the fact that Exeter City were more than happy to retain his services despite City being relegated a few seasons ago. There is nothing to say that Argyle's board will not be content to retain DA should this season prove to be a big disappointment come next May, and demonstrate loyalty.

Silly comparison. Exeter expect to struggle at this level.

B

Bonehead

Let’s face it , Harry Potter couldn’t afford to sack Adam’s, even if he did rustle up some cash (from last season????) we will be stuck with Wotton. Still, I’m gonna buy some nice new ice skates!!! yeah!!!!

May 26, 2015
As per post on last week's thread, DA has to go - 5 reasons - results, misuse of budget, inadequate skills as tactician, ruination of Home Park pitch, and Lack of ambition/bollox claims that we are "over achieving"

May 8, 2011
plymouth1970":2s4erpdl said:
Let’s face it , Harry Potter couldn’t afford to sack Adam’s, even if he did rustle up some cash (from last season????) we will be stuck with Wotton. Still, I’m gonna buy some nice new ice skates!!! yeah!!!!

Just think, Ross County comes in for Adams, we let him go and get two years worth of salary as compensation.

Wouldn't that just upset a few people on Free Chat and ATD!!

May 8, 2011
RochdaleGreen":184f5m1b said:
As per post on last week's thread, DA has to go - 5 reasons - results, misuse of budget, inadequate skills as tactician, ruination of Home Park pitch, and Lack of ambition/bollox claims that we are "over achieving"

What has he done to ruin the pitch it looked absolutely pristine on Saturday.

Apr 9, 2009
Mutley
philmeboots":2azx4w46 said:
One of the reasons football is going down in my estimation. Why does there always have to be a blame culture. If the team isn’t performing it’s their fault sack them. If they have been performing and they don’t win enough Home games, sack them. If they can’t win a Tuesday nights game sack them. Those who attacked Holloway and Sturrock when they left us with a lack of loyalty well it works both ways. How anyone can be advocating getting rid of a manager with a 45% win percentage is beyond me. The best win percentage of anyone since 1910 ish.

In the 4th division so largely meaningless.

Sep 6, 2006
GM Vauxhall":3eusprg3 said:
philmeboots":3eusprg3 said:

In the 4th division so largely meaningless.

And only because we spent an extra season there after he screwed up the tactics at Wembley.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Adams has wasted a lot of his budget on fairly average players who were fairly average at division 2 level, now they are expected to perform at division 1 level...the current team lacks quality hence why we are in a relegation position so early in the season...Adams should go.