Do you want Sheridan to continue as manager? | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Do you want Sheridan to continue as manager?

Do you want John Sheridan to continue as manager?

• Yes

Votes: 100 44.1%
  • No

Votes: 127 55.9%

• Total voters

Mork

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
No, he's not a leader, he might be a good coach but his squad building and game management is not good enough, he said the squad is good enough for promotion, if he doesn't get it then we can expect him to resign!!!!

G

greengiant1886

I think that I am saying what has already been said on this thread when I say that he should be given until the end of the season if he can pick up 5 points at least from our next three games. Many teams have a mid-season slump and we are going through ours. It really is just how long it takes for us to get out of this slump that concerns me. If we don't get a win against Hartlepool, the team who is trying to sign Marvin Morgan to compensate for their lack of goals I remind you, my position will almost certainly change and I will move over the the anti-Sheridan camp. We have to take these low points in the season, but sometimes there is a limit, and I think that even those Sheridan loyalists must soon reach their threshold if we can't muster a win against a side that was so poor against us earlier in the season and who obviously hasn't improved.

Apr 1, 2009
demportdave":9y06reun said:
xmastree":9y06reun said:
Forest of Dean Green":9y06reun said:
demportdave":9y06reun said:
Too much time spent on the M5 and M6 whilst he splits his time between the club and Manchester, with much of the coaching left to others.

Not enough time on the training ground and it shows.

We need a fully-committed Manager who wants to be here.

How do we actually know that? What evidence? It's spouted a lot on here as PASOTI fact, but has someone got him electronically tagged or do we have some stalkers following him around?

Exactly. No one ever quantifies how much training Sheridan misses, how much time he spends up north when he should be here etc. It's so easy to come out with this sort of criticism when you don't provide any facts. Or perhaps don't know any. The comment may be valid, bit how are we to know?
Speak to people who are in and around the club.

Why do you think he's got a couple of locally-based sidekicks to look after the shop when he's away, it certainly isn't because of their outstanding Coaching ability.

I understand that McCarthy is supposed to be the Forwards Coach and Wotton the Defensive Coach. But we can barely get a shot on target never mind score a goal and at the other end, we concede a goal almost every game from routine set plays.

However, they are pretty good at covering for Sheridan.

If it is true that Sheridan is absent from the area for long periods when he should be here (on a regular basis), then it is not only JS who is not doing his job. He's presumably answerable to the CEO who must be aware whether he is around or not. There's only so much covering that SM and PW can provide. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but I remain unconvinced that it happens regularly as some claim.

May 1, 2011
Womble":3ld0dasb said:
tom16pafc":3ld0dasb said:
Neil Warnock would get us promoted because he's passionate about us, with the team we have all we need is some passion..

"Passion". The call word for people who dont understand football. What english football often needs is a little less pasion and a lot more brain.
That's true, starting with the national team. However I don't believe Sheridan has the brains either.

P

pafcstafford

voted yes as I'd only swap him if they brought in Sturrock as I think it's perfectly set up for him he knows majority of backroom staf, The club and if you have ever heard him on Argyle player he knows everything about all of our players and the opposition.

Mar 31, 2006
Bradford Yorkshire
Give him another season.

I say this because... hes kept us up.... secured us last season, and a slight push this season. We are slowly building.

I, like you, am bored of how we play and cant remember the last time i went to a game thinking we'd win. In fact i cant remember the last time i went to a game and won (fleetwood?)

I dont get to many games as a northener who works shift, but when I do go i manage to drag a few people with me and find myself apologising after yet another awful performance

T

t._green

I voted yes

I simply don't believe our position in the league warrants a change in manager at this time. We have a drop in form, true, but that happens sometimes, get a couple of wins under our belt and everything changes.

Admittedly I don't get to a lot of games, but I have seen us a few times this season and for the first time in a few years we look like we are moving forward. Changing the manager may accelerate that or it may not. Besides, lose a few games under a new regime and we'd be rueing that change.

One thing I have noticed under Sheridan is that he seems to have no trouble attracting players to the club

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
t._green":usbionm6 said:
I voted yes

I simply don't believe our position in the league warrants a change in manager at this time. We have a drop in form, true, but that happens sometimes, get a couple of wins under our belt and everything changes.

Admittedly I don't get to a lot of games, but I have seen us a few times this season and for the first time in a few years we look like we are moving forward. Changing the manager may accelerate that or it may not. Besides, lose a few games under a new regime and we'd be rueing that change.

One thing I have noticed under Sheridan is that he seems to have no trouble attracting players to the club

I agree totally with this assessment of things.

Jul 6, 2005
t._green":3ppaxlzt said:
I voted yes

Is that why Brunt was a 6th choice signing?

Aug 12, 2011
demportdave":tj6mq7xe said:
t._green":tj6mq7xe said:
I voted yes

:funny:

Wotton next for me

Aug 5, 2005
demportdave":3n6xy6fh said:
t._green":3n6xy6fh said:
I voted yes

Any proof on that Dave? Who were the other five?

Jul 6, 2005
Quizmike":3w1552om said:
demportdave":3w1552om said:
t._green":3w1552om said:
I voted yes

Ask Sheridan; he might even have been the 7th or 8th choice actually and that's why we ended up with someone who looks like a Pub footballer.

G

Greenskin

demportdave":2lm42jg9 said:
Quizmike":2lm42jg9 said:
demportdave":2lm42jg9 said:
t._green":2lm42jg9 said:
I voted yes

Ask Sheridan; he might even have been the 7th or 8th choice actually and that's why we ended up with someone who looks like a Pub footballer.

So what were the reasons behind the 6th/7th/8th choices turning Argyle down? Sheridan's dour personality or lack of sales patter? He's no Holloway for sure but that factor didn't seem to come into play when the two Reid's, Lavery,Alessandra, Bryan,Banton,McHugh,Hartley,Mellor,McCormick,Kellett,O'Connor etc signed for the club. Maybe they were 6th/7th/8th choices as well. Or maybe there were other issues to be taken into consideration. Certainly food for thought.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
demportdave":30ca0il5 said:
t._green":30ca0il5 said:
I voted yes

Didn't Sheridan say he had been tracking Brunt's progress for a few years now and was pleased that he'd finally become available? That's some effort to go to for a 6th choice signing.