Do you want Sheridan to continue as manager? | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Do you want Sheridan to continue as manager?

Do you want John Sheridan to continue as manager?

• Yes

Votes: 100 44.1%
  • No

Votes: 127 55.9%

• Total voters

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Unconvinced by him.

If we win we stick to it and ride that victory hrun for as long as it continues but them moment the momentum drops and we get found out we struggle to find another winning solution. That's the rut we find ourselves in today, we've been sussed out in our 3-5-2 formation and just can't adapt to another tactical strategy.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Deacster":gq3urwkg said:
Argy1e":gq3urwkg said:
Deacster":gq3urwkg said:
but my assumption is that a huge majority of the 40% are exiles
Where have you got that from?
As I say it's an assumption from reading this website especially the match threads. From what I've seen the posters who back Sheridan seem to base it on league position and view from afar as opposed to the immense frustration by those who witness the performance. It's a broad brush I know, not designed to offend but my observation.
Fair enough, quite a lot of the exiles i know want him out but i don't think most i know actually use PASOTI so that wouldn't be reflected in the voting

Mar 23, 2008
Argy1e":1eqs450v said:
Deacster":1eqs450v said:
Argy1e":1eqs450v said:
Deacster":1eqs450v said:
but my assumption is that a huge majority of the 40% are exiles
Where have you got that from?
As I say it's an assumption from reading this website especially the match threads. From what I've seen the posters who back Sheridan seem to base it on league position and view from afar as opposed to the immense frustration by those who witness the performance. It's a broad brush I know, not designed to offend but my observation.
Fair enough, quite a lot of the exiles i know want him out but i don't think most i know actually use PASOTI so that wouldn't be reflected in the voting
Interesting you say that, I may be wrong as I say. Another reason I say it is that I never speak to a fan at HP who is a vociferous supporter of Sheridan yet on here 40% still back him which seems way out of kilter with the feeling I get from HP.

Horsley Green

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Sep 21, 2003
West Horsley
I don't know if this has been mentioned already but in his after match interview our esteemed manager was asked what he said to the team at half time. He replied that he told the players there was no need to score another goal, just keep a clean sheet in the second half. Now that is a fact BUT does anyone agree that it might have been better to tell the team to get a couple of goals before concentrating on keeping a clean sheet. The fact that our goalkeeper was injured and an inexperienced one was going to play out the second half should have been a clue. I really do wonder about this manager!

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
'NO' from me. Never been in the least bit convinced. We won't go anywhere with him here.

For those of you who laugh at the Brothers Evans, it appears they are not that far off the mark now, does it not?

Oct 10, 2012
I appreciate the work he did keeping us up but he should have gone at the end of last season for me.

Apr 15, 2008
London
Lousy_Pint":1zsxh6xr said:
'NO' from me. Never been in the least bit convinced. We won't go anywhere with him here.

For those of you who laugh at the Brothers Evans, it appears they are not that far off the mark now, does it not?

So was Freathy with his constant 'board out' posts during the Stapleton era... but that doesn't make them any less tedious.

Jul 6, 2005
Too much time spent on the M5 and M6 whilst he splits his time between the club and Manchester, with much of the coaching left to others.

Not enough time on the training ground and it shows.

We need a fully-committed Manager who wants to be here.

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
I voted yes. We need to stick with the manager and the club to the end of the season. However if we finish outside tge top 7 i would veiw his position as untenable at the end of the season.

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
demportdave":16o48z9u said:
Too much time spent on the M5 and M6 whilst he splits his time between the club and Manchester, with much of the coaching left to others.

How do we actually know that? What evidence? It's spouted a lot on here as PASOTI fact, but has someone got him electronically tagged or do we have some stalkers following him around?

Apr 1, 2009
Forest of Dean Green":2j95lyu7 said:
demportdave":2j95lyu7 said:

How do we actually know that? What evidence? It's spouted a lot on here as PASOTI fact, but has someone got him electronically tagged or do we have some stalkers following him around?

Exactly. No one ever quantifies how much training Sheridan misses, how much time he spends up north when he should be here etc. It's so easy to come out with this sort of criticism when you don't provide any facts. Or perhaps don't know any. The comment may be valid, bit how are we to know?

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
xmastree":1ocn12yp said:
Let me start by setting down my personal opinion of the manager. John Sheridan is a charmless oik, completely incapable of adjusting tactics in the course of a game, who should be replaced by the best available candidate at the earliest opportunity. I make my view clear because the remainder of this post might imply I am supporting Sheridan, when that's not the case. I do however believe criticism should be backed by facts, and that much of the flak being thrown at Sheridan is speculation, even invention, and certainly unsubstantiated.

Let's take the "injury crisis". When the likes of Comedy Steve (Evans) bang on about poor training leading to injuries, then few take too much notice. However when more rational posters like GreenSam, AFT stalwart and respected poster, take up the argument, then there is a danger of facts being overlooked. Sam tells us in his Morecombe match report that "virtually our entire squad is walking wounded" and "such an incredibly large amount of injuries simply cannot be a coincidence". Sam implies that this is down to the training, but is honest enough not to speculate whether it's under-training, over-training, or some other training factor.

Is it actually true that virtually the whole squad is carrying an injury? Sam is closer to the club than I am, but I sense that his statement is somewhat overdramatic. Of course we have players who are carrying injuries but name me a club for whom, at this stage of the season, this is not the case. We've had a brief spell where we have had several (mainly short-term) injuries, but plenty of clubs have this. Going into yesterday's game we had only one first team regular (Hartley) unavailable through injury, one squad member (Smalley) out for the season, and one other long term casualty (Lecointe). Many clubs are in a worse state. Yes there are some other fringe players out, but Blizzard has long been injury prone and the absence of Harvey and Allen hardly handicaps Sheridan as they don't ever start. It's also important to note that several of the injuries this season cannot be put down directly to the training regime - Purrington, Nelson, Thomas and Luke yesterday were either contact injuries or in Thomas's case a long-term affliction. In summary, I don't think our injury list is incredibly large, I believe it is utterly speculative to say that the injuries we do have "cannot be a coincidence", and I see little evidence that a significant proportion of injuries stem from defects in the training regime. I emphasise that I'm not defending Sheridan's training except regarding injuries - what we are seeing on the pitch suggests something is not right.
I'm flattered :greensmile:

But I do think that there's a lot more muscle injuries than can be entirely put down to luck. Most of the squad is hyperbole because as you say some of them are contact injuries or individual afflictions. But when you consider last in the past 6 weeks or so that McHugh, Allen, Norburn, Kellett, Hartley, Banton, Blizzard, Cox, Morgan, Harvey and Mellor have picked up non-contact injuries, can that be enough for it to be usual? That really is an awful lot. It genuinely is almost half the squad. Probably the only thing that has stopped the likes of Purrington and Nelse from getting non-contact injuries is that they are already injured through contact injuries :lol: :lol:

Reuben Reid, Cox and Blizzard I think whilst not so unfit they can't play have also been carrying little niggles all season as characterised by spells in and out of the team for the latter two and an inability to really go for it with the lung-bursting performances that he's showed he is capable of from the first one. It may be coincidence but there's at least a fair case that is isn't. Whether some of them (like Allen) hardly ever start or not is irrelevant to my mind because A) they could be a sub option and B) it still is another addition to the long list of getting injured. There is all sorts of science about how the right amount of training and the right amount of rest days can virtually prevent injury crisis's of any kind. I think in 30 years time we could be looking back on this the way we currently look back on players smoking and drinking the night before a match.

Jan 7, 2007
Plymouth
Womble":222ou11j said:
I voted yes. We need to stick with the manager and the club to the end of the season. However if we finish outside tge top 7 i would veiw his position as untenable at the end of the season.

This. No point changing now. Who would we get that's any better. The transfer window is all but closed. A decision for the end of yhe season.

Jul 29, 2010
Mike Charlick":3u69h1db said:
Womble":3u69h1db said:

This. No point changing now. Who would we get that's any better. The transfer window is all but closed. A decision for the end of yhe season.

This, no point at all now. Although being able to interest and pay for anyone better in our current financial position doesn't change much mid season or close season.

Apr 28, 2013
Neil Warnock would get us promoted because he's passionate about us, with the team we have all we need is some passion..