Doubting Fans... | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Doubting Fans...

B

Barriball

philmeboots":1vn6lv7e said:
Ham Green":1vn6lv7e said:
Phil Sloggett":1vn6lv7e said:
I love the thought of someone sitting at home and taking screenshots of PASOTI so they can look back at them at them a few weeks and think "Oooh yes, I knew that person's views were a little wayward". Not.

What a shame to have this type of thread appear.

Yes :lol:

Imagine him carefully cropping the image and saving it in a special folder.
"Come the day, Sir, I shall make you eat those words!!"

It sounds that you would enjoy doing so too. What a sorry thing for an Argyle supporter!

2 buttons on an iPhone, hardly a long job

Aug 15, 2008
Today's last 15 minutes is a small sample to use but last years side did capitulate on multiple occasions in the same scenario - we threw away promotion on the back of those matches. Maybe today we have used up our allocated luck in one go, maybe this team has more fortitude than last years in the bloody mindedness areas or maybe we shall have to wait and see....
I do agree with others statements today that this side does not seem to have as much about it overall as last year - but then again they may click and become a wee nugget XI and do very well... I have had a few sherbets so could be talking nonsense :D

Aug 15, 2008
Is it an Argyle fan trait? - we win and people start falling out with each other, its on a few threads I can see. Enjoy the 3 points and the long weekend.

Sep 6, 2006
Metal_Green_Mickey":361qk0x8 said:
Early days yet.

Play like we did today and we will lose more than we win.

You can't concede that amount of very good chances in a game and not be punished.

Whilst l think Argyle will get better as the season goes on at present l don't think they are better than mid-table team at present based on performances I've seen and the ones lve heard away from home.

Can't keep getting lucky. Eventually you will need to perform. 1 45 mins performance in 5 league and 1 cup game isn't a recipe for sustain success lm afraid.

Give it another 5-10 games.....they should have improved the consistency of their performances. If they haven't this thread will come back to bite you.

But you weren't there!!!

Sep 6, 2006
Verte":30naay6e said:
Today's last 15 minutes is a small sample to use but last years side did capitulate on multiple occasions in the same scenario - we threw away promotion on the back of those matches. Maybe today we have used up our allocated luck in one go, maybe this team has more fortitude than last years in the bloody mindedness areas or maybe we shall have to wait and see....
I do agree with others statements today that this side does not seem to have as much about it overall as last year - but then again they may click and become a wee nugget XI and do very well... I have had a few sherbets so could be talking nonsense :D

We had a few of these wins against run of play last season if what zI hear today is correct. You don't keep getting away with it. We got found out in the end last season.

Mar 14, 2009
Balham_Green":2331yfhg said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":2331yfhg said:
Early days yet.

You can't concede that amount of very good chances in a game and not be punished.

Whilst l think Argyle will get better as the season goes on at present l don't think they are better than mid-table team at present based on performances I've seen and the ones lve heard away from home.

Can't keep getting lucky. Eventually you will need to perform. 1 45 mins performance in 5 league and 1 cup game isn't a recipe for sustain success lm afraid.

Give it another 5-10 games.....they should have improved the consistency of their performances. If they haven't this thread will come back to bite you.

But you weren't there!!!

Nor were you. I heard it, listened to what people say, who were at the game, and it's similar to what lve seen at home this season and in pre-season.

If people at the game, commentators and fans, say Blackpool had good opportunities then it's pretty obvious we were lucky not to concede. Even you should manage to understand a concept like that.

I suppose Argyle winning is a problem for you because you got can't go and on and on with your anti-argyle posting so you go back to your troubled existence as a poster who looks tries and pick an out an argument with someone, instead of having a debate. Sad man lol.

Aug 5, 2016
Barriball":go2bpd38 said:
I'm loving looking back at the screenshots I took after 2 games this season from pasoti! Some of our fans have no idea what they are on about, said it after the defeats and now it's even more obvious now we're climbing! Anyone fancy some humble pie? We've not won the league but according to some on here we were getting relegated!?

I wouldn't get too excited my friend.

We deservedly lost to Luton, Reading and Carlisle. We got battered by the latter two, and given a lesson in counterattack football by the former.

We beat Notts County and Blackpool despite defending our goal in a very nervous manner for 30-45 minutes. Many at both games said we were very fortunate not to concede and let the points slip, and possibly the poorer side in both games.

Only against Mansfield have we come out and convincingly outplayed the opposition. That's 1 out of 6 matches we have played well. It only took us one game last season - AFC Wimbledon away, a convincing 2-0 win where we outplayed them start to finish.

So don't start gloating yet. This side could feasibly go on a 5 match losing streak as easily as win another 3. We've had big slices out luck so far, but it evens itself out.

Sep 6, 2006
Metal_Green_Mickey":3876b1tf said:
Balham_Green":3876b1tf said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":3876b1tf said:
Early days yet.

But you weren't there!!!

Nor were you. I heard it, listened to what people say, who were at the game, and it's similar to what lve seen at home this season and in pre-season.

If people at the game, commentators and fans, say Blackpool had good opportunities then it's pretty obvious we were lucky not to concede. Even you should manage to understand a concept like that.

I suppose Argyle winning is a problem for you because you got can't go and on and on with your anti-argyle posting.

You cant even see how daft that last post looks compared to what you have written. I'm not going to pursue this as I got suspended last time for trying to state the obvious to you.

Sep 6, 2006
Knibbsworth":3icjf6dg said:
Barriball":3icjf6dg said:
I'm loving looking back at the screenshots I took after 2 games this season from pasoti! Some of our fans have no idea what they are on about, said it after the defeats and now it's even more obvious now we're climbing! Anyone fancy some humble pie? We've not won the league but according to some on here we were getting relegated!?

I wouldn't get too excited my friend.

We deservedly lost to Luton, Reading and Carlisle. We got battered by the latter two, and given a lesson in counterattack football by the former.

We beat Notts County and Blackpool despite defending our goal in a very nervous manner for 30-45 minutes. Many at both games said we were very fortunate not to concede and let the points slip, and possibly the poorer side in both games.

Only against Mansfield have we come out and convincingly outplayed the opposition. That's 1 out of 6 matches we have played well. It only took us one game last season - AFC Wimbledon away, a convincing 2-0 win where we outplayed them start to finish.

So don't start gloating yet. This side could feasibly go on a 5 match losing streak as easily as win another 3. We've had big slices out luck so far, but it evens itself out.

I don't even think we' Convincingly outplayed' Mansfield. Only 1st half.

Mar 14, 2009
Balham_Green":2h6nuw4c said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":2h6nuw4c said:
Balham_Green":2h6nuw4c said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":2h6nuw4c said:
Early days yet.

But you weren't there!!!

I suppose Argyle winning is a problem for you because you got can't go and on and on with your anti-argyle posting.

You cant even see how daft that the last post looks compared to what you have written. I'm not going to pursue this as I got suspended last time for trying to state the obvious to you.

You got suspended probably because you annoyed everyone after constant warnings. But hey let's not get the truth get in the way of one of your BS excuses lol. You can't get suspended for "stating the obvious" unless it's in your world.

Sep 6, 2006
Metal_Green_Mickey":32dpvpzm said:
Balham_Green":32dpvpzm said:
Balham_Green":32dpvpzm said:
Early days yet.

But you weren't there!!!

You cant even see how daft that the last post looks compared to what you have written. I'm not going to pursue this as I got suspended last time for trying to state the obvious to you.

You got suspended probably because you annoyed everyone after constant warnings. But hey let's not get the truth get in the way of one of your BS excuses lol. You can't get suspended for "stating the obvious" unless it's in your world.

And 'your world' is reality is it? You can't even see how contradictory your posts are! Bye. Thought you had me on ignore anyway so I could spend more time on this thread with people who were actually at the game rather than someone who thinks they were.

Mar 8, 2016
Some fans seem to expect a Barcelona style performance on top of the victory. We are not going to control matches for 90mins, the opersition will create chances but it's goals that count. We got one they got none, well played argyle it's a good away victory and wins breed confidence. Also I seem to remember lots of backs against the wall 1-0 wins under Paul sturrock when argyle won the league with over 100 points.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Andy Holland":1ib6bpmi said:
Frank_Butcher":1ib6bpmi said:
Yes, but someone will no doubt come on to say that 3 swallows don't make a Summer.

Because that's correct. We're only five games in, there's no judgements to be called either way yet.

Congrats - you win the prize.

It was actually a play made on a comment by someone after the Notts County game, but who hadn't been there. Too many 'informed' opinions voiced on here from those that haven't attended matches. Much better to digest the comments of those that have.

Dec 21, 2010
Fantastic atmosphere created by the Green Army today. Never thought in 1966 that 50 years later Argyle fans would be singing a 10 minute rendition of "Twist & Shout" at Bloomfield Road ! Not a totally convincing performance but, like at Notts County, we hung on for the three points. A work still in progress, but so much better than the first three games.