Doubting Fans... | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Doubting Fans...

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Great to hear Bob and well done all your hardy souls for making that monster of a trip.

Jul 6, 2005
Barriball":138gl70m said:
I'm loving looking back at the screenshots I took after 2 games this season from pasoti! Some of our fans have no idea what they are on about, said it after the defeats and now it's even more obvious now we're climbing! Anyone fancy some humble pie? We've not won the league but according to some on here we were getting relegated!?
I don't know you personally so I could be wrong, but I think you are a very silly person to start a thread like this. We have only played 5 games and the people you are trying to goad may well do the same to you after another 5 games if results don't go the way we want them to.

I am one of Adams's sternest critics but even I was saying it was far too early to hit the panic button after we lost the first 3 games without even scoring a goal. It's great that we have now won the next 3 but it's still far too early to start gloating or saying "I told you so".

Have you learnt nothing from last season?

Sep 6, 2006
demportdave":1h8wk8ny said:
Barriball":1h8wk8ny said:
I'm loving looking back at the screenshots I took after 2 games this season from pasoti! Some of our fans have no idea what they are on about, said it after the defeats and now it's even more obvious now we're climbing! Anyone fancy some humble pie? We've not won the league but according to some on here we were getting relegated!?
I don't know you personally so I could be wrong, but I think you are a very silly person to start a thread like this. We have only played 5 games and the people you are trying to goad may well do the same to you after another 5 games if results don't go the way we want them to.

I am one of Adams's sternest critics but even I was saying it was far too early to hit the panic button after we lost the first 3 games without even scoring a goal. It's great that we have now won the next 3 but it's still far too early to start gloating or saying "I told you so".

Demport there are no silly people on this site. They are all very sensible and objective.

B

Barriball

demportdave":1nfq4cl2 said:
Barriball":1nfq4cl2 said:

Look let me ask you a question, will we get relegated this season? And what would you have answered 3 games ago? My point, which has escaped many of you ("very silly") people on here is that people panicked after the early losses. Did I ever say any comparisons to last season or have any expectations more than that? I was purely saying we wouldn't get relegated or have the dreadful season people were saying we would! Anything else is assumption on your part, and I can start a thread on whatever the hell I like by the way, same as anyone else

May 1, 2011
Barriball":1a05x7nf said:
demportdave":1a05x7nf said:
Barriball":1a05x7nf said:

Look let me ask you a question, will we get relegated this season? And what would you have answered 3 games ago? My point, which has escaped many of you ("very silly") people on here is that people panicked after the early losses. Did I ever say any comparisons to last season or have any expectations more than that? I was purely saying we wouldn't get relegated or have the dreadful season people were saying we would! Anything else is assumption on your part, and I can start a thread on whatever the hell I like by the way, same as anyone else

Was anyone seriously saying we would get relegated or were they just raising valid concerns after the last 3rd of last season? You have to admit screenshotting posts though is very odd.

Jun 8, 2016
Barriball":13nemssr said:

Zakly mate, I said it too, once we scored our first goal we'd see a dramatic change. This team still has some way to go, you can still see there is work to be done and not yet gelled. But it's been a complete turn around and the away victory at Notts County is one to be measured against, don't think County have lost since we beat them? I trust Derek and for people to come on and say he shoulda been sacked was preposterous! Then again some of the shouts I heard from fans when we were WINING 0-1 yesterday was DISGUSTING and with young kids around. I don't think our Team are put off with ANY oppositions fans, what with the verbal they catch from sections of ours !!

#GA

Aug 5, 2015
Of course the really "silly people" on here are those who think they know how to manage and run a football club when in actual fact they know the square root of f all. Let's just enjoy the season and hope for the best which every non wannabe fan since time immemorial has tried to do - even Argyle fans!

Jul 6, 2005
Kentishgreen":145356jq said:
Of course the really "silly people" on here are those who think they know how to manage and run a football club when in actual fact they know the square root of f all. Let's just enjoy the season and hope for the best which every non wannabe fan since time immemorial has tried to do - even Argyle fans!
So in the Euros, all those thousands of England fans who questioned the tactic of using the main striker to take corners or the selection of players out of form over those in form as well as the choice of a player who had not started a League game for his club all season, according to your logic what they were really saying was they thought they could manage the England team better than Roy Hodgson.

I just thought they were expressing their opinion in the way that fans have done "since time immemorial".

As for running a club, I think Argyle fans were wrong to question the likes of Gardner and Co for the way in which they ran our football club; how dare we express an opinion.

Apr 1, 2009
Haven't been on Pasoti since Friday night (trip to a GNS yesterday), and this thread's appeared! Can't believe we're now being screenshotted when we express an opinion, in order that it can be thrown back in due course to prove what bad supporters we are. How seriously pathetic!

I appreciate that some find the opinions of others unpalatable, but it would be so boring if we all said the same thing!

Sep 6, 2006
Kentishgreen":26nojdm1 said:

Another head in the sand merchant.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Balham_Green":1i52i4me said:
Kentishgreen":1i52i4me said:

As opposed to having it up one's own arse.

Sep 6, 2006
Mark Pedlar":3t6qmr5s said:
Balham_Green":3t6qmr5s said:
Kentishgreen":3t6qmr5s said:

As opposed to having it up one's own arse.

Can't take somebody disagreeing with you without becoming abusive. What does that say about you? Incapable of dialogue perhaps?

May 1, 2011
Kentishgreen":3n63sji2 said:

So what are you advocating? That you are only not silly if you never question the manager? I'll tell you something else as well I have never been Labour Party leader either but I can tell you Corbyn is hopeless but by your logic I should never question him. If you can't have an opinion other than the managers knows best then what is the point?

I have never called for Adams to be sacked, but I have been critical of him when in my opinion he got it wrong. However I am very happy with 3 straight wins, including 2 big away wins.