EFL Trophy. Newport, Wimbledon, Swansea | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

EFL Trophy. Newport, Wimbledon, Swansea

Will you be attending EPL Trophy games next season?

• I will attend as normal

Votes: 49 20.5%
  • I will boycott all EFL Trophy games

Votes: 122 51.0%
  • I will boycott games vs PL U21 sides

Votes: 35 14.6%
  • I'm undecided

Votes: 33 13.8%

• Total voters
Jun 18, 2015
Ed":1ayn3ual said:
Cobi Budge.":1ayn3ual said:
Easy solution.

All League 1 and 2 fans should simply boycott any games involving 'B teams'.

Better to boycott the entire competition, make the point that any competition with B teams involved has no value.
Whilst I agree we should boycott the competition its not going to make a difference not with Greg Dyke he doesnt care about the football league/any team below the premier league he has no interest all he cares about is the premier league and money but thats modern football for you. The thing is I dont think it really helps having U21 teams playing against league 1 or 2 teams it doesnt make sense even from a premier leagues perspective.

Feb 21, 2011
That's a few quid saved and a couple of cold winter eves spent doing something else instead.

Dec 3, 2005
If Johnstone Paint are still the sponsors of the Competition - I am sure if thousands of football fans let them know exactly what they think of this - they may have words - no company sponsoring anything likes to have BAD publicity.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
This competition was for third and fourth division clubs only and it gave teams a chance to get to wembley. Now by allowing accademies in it completely changes things, who would want to watch chelsea academy play arsenal academy at Wembley. Thats one game I won't be going to next season....Maybe fans around the country should Unite and bombard the company with e mails.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
djg145":vv17to3j said:
If Johnstone Paint are still the sponsors of the Competition - I am sure if thousands of football fans let them know exactly what they think of this - they may have words - no company sponsoring anything likes to have BAD publicity.
They aren't. It appears they haven't got a sponsor. Looks like they've sold out for the PL silver coin.

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
How many teams go through in each group? The competition used to have group stages but the whole idea of clubs being forced to host first team games against youth academies is weird.

Dec 3, 2005
Keepitgreen":2nng3kd2 said:
djg145":2nng3kd2 said:
They aren't. It appears they haven't got a sponsor. Looks like they've sold out for the PL silver coin.

Thats a shame :banghead: hopefully no company will sponsor such a sham!!

I like it when you google 'Football League' the first one that comes up says "Real Football Real Fans"

Well here are the contact details of the EFL as it is known:

EFL Operations Centre

Edward VII Quay
Navigation Way
Preston
PR2 2YF

Tel: 01772 325800
Fax: 01772 325801
Email: enquiries@football-league.co.uk

Read more at http://www.efl.com/about-efl/contactus/ ... 5e3lByJ.99

derbygreen

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2003
Paignton....was Derby
Can't believe this has happened. I'm totally against it. Happy to boycott that cup now. If you're not in the Premier league then nothing else matters apparently.

Nov 4, 2012
We should either boycott this or go to protest it. I'd imagine pitch invasions to cause abandonments would be more productive.