England Euro Squad | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

England Euro Squad

C

Cobi Budge.

Joe Hart
Fraser Forster
Ben Foster

Kyle Walker
Chris Smalling
John Stones
Gary Cahill
Danny Rose
Leighton Baines
Phil Jagielka
Phil Jones

Eric Dier
Dele Alli
Jack Wilshere
Jordan Henderson
Ross Barkley
Adam Lallana
Raheem Sterling
James Milner

Wayne Rooney
Harry Kane
Jamie Vardy
Danny Welbeck

Potential replacements in-case of injuries - Tom Heaton, Nathaniel Clyne, Ryan Bertrand, Danny Drinkwater, Theo Walcott, Andy Carroll.

Starting eleven:

1436722_Plymouth_Argyle.jpg

C

CornishGreenWhite

Cobi - Walker, Wilshere, Henderson and Sterling? :lol:

Wilshere hasn't kicked a ball all season, Clynes 10 times the player Walker is, Henderson is injured and does absolutely nothing & Sterling isn't playing, can't cross a ball and is probably the most overrated player about.

The starting 11 will look nothing like the one you said and thank f*ck for that!

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
CornishGreenWhite":1zbxhykk said:

Wilshere hasn't kicked a ball all season, Clynes 10 times the player Walker is, Henderson is injured and does absolutely nothing & Sterling isn't playing, can't cross a ball and is probably the most overrated player about.

The starting 11 will look nothing like the one you said and thank f*ck for that!

Even if all fit and playing well: Alli, Wishere and Henderson are not the most 'combative' midfield I've seen. You've got to plan somewhere as to what you do when Spain/Italy (for instance) have the ball, Shirley?? :think:

C

CornishGreenWhite

Pogleswoody":37za3rds said:
CornishGreenWhite":37za3rds said:

Even if all fit and playing well: Alli, Wishere and Henderson are not the most 'combative' midfield I've seen. You've got to plan somewhere as to what you do when Spain/Italy (for instance) have the ball, Shirley?? :think:

1) Neither Wilshere or Henderson are fit or playing.

2) How has Eric Dyer not got in the team?

3) If you're doing midfield 3's then Milner, Alli and Dyer is the best current option to go with.

C

Cobi Budge.

Wasn't expecting my selection to go without criticism.

Dier has been fantastic all season no question, but I prefer a balance, a right footer and a left footer, sadly we don't have a decent right footer to play CM, Henderson being the best of 3 (Carrick & Drinkwater the other two).

As for Wilshere, I might be alone in this, but I think he's one of the most underrated players in English football, one of the most underrated mid-fielders on Earth, if it wasn't for his injuries (and his temperament) he'd be truly 'world class' now, when he's on form he just makes Arsenal & England tick.

And as for Sterling, I'd have him simply for his pace/trickery, who else would you have on the left?

C

CornishGreenWhite

Cobi Budge.":36qqn2wx said:

Dier has been fantastic all season no question, but I prefer a balance, a right footer and a left footer, sadly we don't have a decent right footer to play CM, Henderson being the best of 3 (Carrick & Drinkwater the other two).

As for Wilshere, I might be alone in this, but I think he's one of the most underrated players in English football, one of the most underrated mid-fielders on Earth, if it wasn't for his injuries (and his temperament) he'd be truly 'world class' now, when he's on form he just makes Arsenal & England tick.

And as for Sterling, I'd have him simply for his pace/trickery, who else would you have on the left?

Why do you need a right footer and a left footer? Xavi and Iniesta seemed to do okay both predominantly passing with there right foots? Why not Milner?

Regarding Wilshere - I agree that he could have been bloody brilliant, and still possibly might be, but he hasn't kicked a ball this season so he can't be having a look in.

N

NorfolkGreen

Cobi Budge.":108uxqzp said:

Phil Jones?

Jun 8, 2014
To be fair on Cobi's squad I'd pick up more on Baines (this isn't 2014), Jagielka (useless), Jones (just why) and Rooney.

I quite like Cobi's line-up though and other than Sturridge in for Sterling and DEFINITELY Dier in for Henderson it's probably how I'd go if they're all fit come the tournament.

Jun 8, 2014
CornishGreenWhite":3v4cb7os said:

To be fair - it probably will look a fair amount like Cobi's, except Dier and Clyne will definitely play.

Other than that (and even those are debatable) I'm fairly confident Hodgson's line-up will be relatively similar. At least in terms of personnel if not formation.

C

CornishGreenWhite

Josh Pope":2wu15lvf said:
CornishGreenWhite":2wu15lvf said:

To be fair - it probably will look a fair amount like Cobi's, except Dier and Clyne will definitely play.

Other than that (and even those are debatable) I'm fairly confident Hodgson's line-up will be relatively similar. At least in terms of personnel if not formation.

There will be probably about 4/5 changes to Cobi's team so it's not really going to look anything like it is it.

Jun 8, 2014
It's quite obvious he likes people like Henderson and Wilshere so if fit I'd expect them to be picked. Rose has impressed a lot too so imagine he's more likely than Bertrand to start.

Apr 30, 2011
Hart
Forster
Heaton

Clyne
Stones
Jagielka
Smalling
Cahill
Bertrand
Rose

Delph
Milner
Sterling
Dier
Alli
Barklay
Wilshire
Lallana

Rooney
Vardy
Wellbeck
Kane
Sturridge

Jan 7, 2007
Plymouth
CornishGreenWhite":yl66zyca said:

Geddaway! Walker over Clyne anyday!

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
Take Kane, Vardy, Sturridge and Rooney. Start two each game - no more, no less - and take Welbeck as a left mid.

Pick Clyne and Bertrand as the full backs, with Walker and Rose deputising, and leave Jagielka, Jones and Baines at home.