England Manager at Euro 2012 | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

England Manager at Euro 2012

pilgrim_pete":j1cur8mx said:
Why anyone would want Stuart Pearce after the u21s pathetic performance last year is beyond me.

Or is it just because he's English?

his record is pretty decent with the under 21's the last tournament t wasn't great but he would do a good job that's for sure

Think this has been blown up out of all proportion by the Press (as per usual!) I don't believe for one minute Capello is looking to get the sack, as I've said elsewhere; what I think he is doing is banking a very nice excuse if things don't go well at Euro '12. "Look, the FA have sacked my Captain against my wishes, look at what I've got to put up with." You will note that there has been no question of him resigning over the issue, so he clearly doesn't feel THAT strongly about it!

Indeed, we have only got David Davies' word for it that the FA are "taking the comments very seriously", which is more than anyone does his!!! :lol:

Capello's comments are a storm in a teacup which will soon blow over, although there is another potential storm on the horizon, if the FA suddenly decide they don't want Terry in the squad at all. Don't think they will do that, as they would presumably have made that clear at the same time as sacking him as Captain. ie, if you've got bad news, it's better to deliver it all at once. There again, this IS the FA, so who knows for certain?

In the extremely unlikely senario that England DO need a new Manager before Euro'12, it is almost certain that Stewart Pearce will get it. Not necessarily because he is the best man for the job, but a temporary appointment would buy the FA a lot more time, and who else would they go for but Pearce; this is the the FA, and he would be the coward's easy way out for the short term.

Jones the Green":6lm7jru5 said:
Think this has been blown up out of all proportion by the Press (as per usual!) I don't believe for one minute Capello is looking to get the sack, as I've said elsewhere; what I think he is doing is banking a very nice excuse if things don't go well at Euro '12. "Look, the FA have sacked my Captain against my wishes, look at what I've got to put up with." You will note that there has been no question of him resigning over the issue, so he clearly doesn't feel THAT strongly about it!

Indeed, we have only got David Davies' word for it that the FA are "taking the comments very seriously", which is more than anyone does his!!! :lol:

Capello's comments are a storm in a teacup which will soon blow over, although there is another potential storm on the horizon, if the FA suddenly decide they don't want Terry in the squad at all. Don't think they will do that, as they would presumably have made that clear at the same time as sacking him as Captain. ie, if you've got bad news, it's better to deliver it all at once. There again, this IS the FA, so who knows for certain?

In the extremely unlikely senario that England DO need a new Manager before Euro'12, it is almost certain that Stewart Pearce will get it. Not necessarily because he is the best man for the job, but a temporary appointment would buy the FA a lot more time, and who else would they go for but Pearce; this is the the FA, and he would be the coward's easy way out for the short term.

I wouldn't say coward i would say sensible as pearce has been heavily involved with the full erland squad for years now. but its alkaline irrelevant unless something is done!

May 3, 2007
Liskeard, Cornwall
Jones the Green":2wgyzlpn said:
Think this has been blown up out of all proportion by the Press (as per usual!) I don't believe for one minute Capello is looking to get the sack

You may be right JtG but the Beeb is reporting that Bernstein is going to read the Riot Act to Capello today.

I think that the FA have got a majority of the populace behind them (or at least feel they have) and are prepared to go the whole hog (if their legal eagles have said they can get him out for breach of contract - i.e. not have to pay up the remainder of his contract).

Of course, it could all end in a whimper, with the standard fibs: good meeting, both sides aired their views, firm but fair, united focus on Euros, respect for each others' views, (ie.e let's get this troublesome six months out of the way and then we can be out of each others' hair).

Nov 8, 2010
Don't think he'll go.

If he did, the FA would insist on an Englishman.

Redknapp or Hodgson aside, there don't seem to be many credible candidates. Please, not Stuart Pearce.

I think a good outside candidate would be Brendan Rogers.

Lots of people are calling for Holloway! :shock:

D

deanthegreenmachine

Pierce for the friendlies....and maybe stay on for the euros...rednapp charges dropped...hes in the running too depends if champions league will tempt him...

otherwise bernitez i reckon.....

A

andyr1963

dunlop":x25h4elg said:
Short term Terry Venables.,

Good idea. 5 minutes should be more than enough. And that would be 4 minutes too long. :greensmile:

M

Marcus The Green

Marcus The Green":1wh13579 said:
I can't see Capello standing down before the Euros. I also can't see the FA sacking him.

I got that one a bit wrong! :facepalm: :lol:

Aug 21, 2011
Vladivostok
I think that Flappelo has orchestrated this in a brilliant way !!!! :think:
He resigns ??
1. I'm sure he has resigned after agreeing the payoff rather than the FA sacking him
2. A club in Italy / Spain have probably sent their car to take him for a drive

Had he gone to Euro's and flopped his marketability would have dropped and
The FA didn't want to sack him because they would have then taken the flack when England fall at the first hurdle.

Next in line ?????
Stonewall (twice) and available now
Paul Hart.

Marcus you're forgiven

May 3, 2007
Liskeard, Cornwall
Can't see 'arry leaving Spurs - suspect that he likes the day today stuff too much and Spurs will be in CL next season.

What about Woy Hodgson? Don't think that Zamora would get picked though!

Other candidate - Big Sam - get the Hammers up and then lead England to ignominious failue in Eastern Europe?

Alan Pardew. He might want to?

Steve Bruce is available too.

Gareth Southgate. Nah.

I personally think Spurs are gearing up for a shift in personel in the summer. Harry will go to England full time when the season ends. Adebayor will be going back to Man City and then sold to a foreign team as Spurs won't pay his 160k a week wages. Modric will go to Man United. Bale may go to Barcelona or Real Madrid. Think Van der vaart will go elsewhere also.

New manager will have a big budget to build his own team.