England Manager at Euro 2012 | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

England Manager at Euro 2012

O

oggyale

article-1087011-00F77EEB00000191-378_468x306.jpg

WHAT ABOUT THIS RISING STAR...... :lol:

WITH THIS AS HIS NUMBER TWO.. :lol: :lol:

50286_264561077936_305789_n.jpg

May 3, 2007
Liskeard, Cornwall
bathpilgrim":o7trp4yl said:
I'm sad to see Capello go because he is a winner.

:lol: :lol: :lol: One who disliked England; couldn't be arsed to learn the language; was dictatorial with his players to the extent that they were deflated and bored in Rustenburg; was too arrogant to think through the Terry issue beyond his childlike gut reaction; and whose record in the one tournament who managed us in was shocking.

Capello lovers - remember Bloemfontein!!!

Jun 21, 2005
N Hampshire
Arry would be mad to take the job, but is the nations favourite.

Perhaps the idea of Sven managing until the end of the tournament is a pretty good one, would he still have the players respect though. The appointment of a manager just for the tournament has its appeal, the manager then wouldn't have the subsequent years of boredom, politics & media abuse.

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
So if the Engerlander fans want Harry as manager, the pundits like Lineker want him as manager, the players (or at least Rooney and Ferdinand have commented so far) want Harry as manager, who'll get the blame when England f*cks up?

May 3, 2007
Liskeard, Cornwall
'arry was interviewed just now on the Beeb. He doesn't look like a bloke just about to change jobs (or a man with his seatbelt on :greensmile: ).

If that is right, a temp is going to be needed for the Euros, so we'll have to make the best of whoever is available. For me, Guus Hiddink is the man. Available (in theory), speaks Englsih, knows English football. But he would probably want to pick oaf Terry.

If Guus is not available then Sven is... and we could do worse (we would have done with Capello).

BTW FA press Conference is live on the BBC News Channel and the BBC website at midday.

Oct 2, 2011
Home Park
Rafa Benitez....

Cheap, available, knows the English game, a relationship with the likely Captain (Gerrard), great in Cups and an ability to motivate not so talented footballers into a team.

Jun 22, 2005
Cracker":szl0wjgw said:
Rafa Benitez....

Cheap, available, knows the English game, a relationship with the likely Captain (Gerrard), great in Cups and an ability to motivate not so talented footballers into a team.

Some will mock but good shout. He is an excellent 'cup' manager and that's exactly what we're entering, a cup competition.

May 3, 2007
Liskeard, Cornwall
One question not asked at the Press Conference just concluded was whether or not the FA would consider appointing someone for the tournament only (a la suggestions re Huddink, Benitez above). Mind you Bernstein was pretty adapt at not answering a lot of the questions...

A

agentgreen

My choices

Harry Redknapp
Martin O'Neill
Jose "the special one"
Roy Race :greensmile:

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Cracker":1f8i6tjc said:
Rafa Benitez....

Good shout. He has a good record of beating what look better teams on paper with some of his cup exploits with Liverpool and Valencia.

Harry for me. I think the time is right for him to get away from the day to day club pressures. He has taken Spurs as far as he can I feel. Bale, Modric, Van de Vaarte etc. will be in great dermand in the summer and his team could well break up. He has passion, he keeps the game simple and players seem to respond to him.

If Harry is not available until after the Euros and it's just for the one tournament then Hiddink would be my first choice followed by Benitez. Sven? No thanks. He has done little of note in recent years and he has had his chance.

If Harry doesn't take the job full time then I would like to see Martin O'Neil given the chance. He has been a success everywhere he has been, generally getting the maximum team performance from his players. He hasn't lost it despite being out the game for a while as his record at Sunderland is showing, transforming the same quad of players that Steve Bruce was struggling with.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
Guus Hiddink. Managed at international level before, succesful club manager, good English, very humble, professional manager. Would like to see him or Mourinho.

Harry doesn't have the ability to make our current average squad world beaters.

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
Quinny":so2rvr5f said:
In all seriousness, if the FA want an English manager who has coached some of the top clubs in Europe, who has coached at international level, who is a genuinely good coach and has a habit of getting the most out of a mediocre squad, then there is nobody out there other than Roy Hodgson. He also has no baggage unlike other candidates.

But then he's an old school manager and a real gent, and I'd hate to see him get ripped to pieces by the gutter press, so its probably for the best he probably won't get the job.

Well, it didn't take the gutter-press long, did it? They're already bringing up a story of where caretaker-manager Stuart Pearce racially insulted Paul Ince in 1994 (which Stuart apologised for at the time) and also noting that Pearce's brother once stood as a BNP candidate.