Exeter City FC may need another PFA loan | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Exeter City FC may need another PFA loan

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
If they need a saviour, Exmoor must offer some great holiday-walks.

But I'd far rather ECFC than a similar minnow like a Gateshead or a Kidderminster or a Dover. Still feels odd to have a team from Somerset playing higher up the structure than the pride of Devon.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
xmastree":2409err6 said:
Ade the green":2409err6 said:
Mike Greening":2409err6 said:
Funny that this comes to light on the day that MS is quoted in the Herald that Argyle hopes to break even this season. :scarf:

I know... Good timing or what? :funny: :funny: :whistle:

"Hopes to"... let's see if that actually happens. Even if it does happen, we need more as we need profit to pay off our debts. As a club that is taking out a loan to pay some of its debts (always a last resort option), we're hardly in a healthy position ourselves. Isn't it a little early to be rejoicing in the misfortunes of others (even Exeter)?
I agree.

I reckon the recent success of e****r chiefs may have a lot to do with their falling
attendances and possibly receiving less sponsorship etc.
Perhaps the same might apply to argyle if albion achieved similar? People just love success.
I had friends from the darkside when i worked out of tiverton in the past and i too wouldnt
wish them out of business. Despite a lifetime of loathing them.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
I bet if this was us then 99% of exeweb would say something along the lines of "Hope the scum go bust" so therefore my sympathy is suspended :thumbs:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
That's wasn't true, and whilst the idiots amongst them may have, the rank and file decent blokes didn't.

I remember letting rip at a few Greeks at a game at Home Park when the bucket collections for the staff were going on, they all thought it very funny. Yet, inside the Business Lounge that day, another group of Greeks gave more per head than any others.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
IJN":2vcdaq4w said:
That's wasn't true, and whilst the idiots amongst them may have, the rank and file decent blokes didn't.

I remember letting rip at a few Greeks at a game at Home Park when the bucket collections for the staff were going on, they all thought it very funny. Yet, inside the Business Lounge that day, another group of Greeks gave more per head than any others.

Fair play Ian. Unfortunately you mix with the better class of fan as opposed to the uneducated that post their bile on Exeweb in the name of banter!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Again mate, I can only repeat, the people you MEET in real life are always better than some of those we all 'meet' on line. I know that more than most.

Cowards will always hide behind their keyboards, and 99% of the time you do meet them it's the 'Oh it's only on the internet' bollox.

I meet some very good Exeter lads, and as I've often said, I much prefer them to some claiming to be Argyle fans.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Gary_Wills":178msxnt said:
If they need a saviour, Exmoor must offer some great holiday-walks.

But I'd far rather ECFC than a similar minnow like a Gateshead or a Kidderminster or a Dover. Still feels odd to have a team from Somerset playing higher up the structure than the pride of Devon.

I can identify with that sentiment too. If just 50% of the arm chair, stay at home, SKY TV football supporters just got off their arses every 14 days or so, League Clubs in the bottom 2 divisions might be able to exist without, financial loans.

Adam

Pasoti Designer
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 5, 2010
Wouldn't want to wish this on any club.

Hope ECFC can pull themselves out of this.

Apr 1, 2009
IJN":2w0buozj said:
Xmas, I agree with you about the 'hope to' bit, but I'd much, much rather be where we are than they are, on almost every level.

I think anyone could be forgiven for thinking 'thank God it's not us' {Apart from Steve Evans of course}.

Definitely. The mere possibility of breaking even is something we haven't had for a good while, and therefore good news. The gloating that Exeter are in the sh*t is, however, premature until we are totally out of it.

I too witnessed Exeter fans supporting us in our hour of need. Fans of clubs in crisis never deserve it, even if the club itself does.

C

Cult Of Personality

I hope Exeter Struggle but nothing worse then that.

I rather we just carried on beating them on the pitch then anything else.

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
IJN":2jqpnwgx said:
I wish all things bad on ECFC but only footballing ones not financial strife.

It should always be remembered there are some really good blokes that support the Grecians and far better them than the plastic, glory hunting types that walk around our respective Cities.

Good luck to them I say, as long as they cut their cloth accordingly, football is a far better place for having Exeter City that not having it.

This.

Aug 2, 2011
Having been a regular at Home Park since 1958 I have never understood the obession with the fortunes of Exeter City. I do not hope they end in the appalling financial mess we did. That does not mean I want them to win games or be above us in a league table but at the end of the day they are another professional club against whom we compete that is all.

Reading some comments here both current and past I get the feeling that Exeter losing a game is more important than Argyle winning one. To be honest I would rather see Man U demoted than care about what happens at Exeter.

Larry David

✅ Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
IJN":6zv0r1uh said:

It should always be remembered there are some really good blokes that support the Grecians and far better them than the plastic, glory hunting types that walk around our respective Cities.

Good luck to them I say, as long as they cut their cloth accordingly, football is a far better place for having Exeter City that not having it.

This x 2.

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
Lord Cuckfield":3vj0thl5 said:
IJN":3vj0thl5 said:

This x 2.

Getting uncomfortably close to a Pasoti consensus!

This for me as well.