Exeter City FC may need another PFA loan | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Exeter City FC may need another PFA loan

Dec 20, 2011
Good luck to them ....... In the Conference next season as I suspect transfer embargo , points deduction and the selling of the young guns they have will do for them,

We'll meet again.. :scarf:

pilgrimmike1

R.I.P
Oct 5, 2010
oggieland
pilgrimmike1":1ekpbw1e said:
Cobi Budge.":1ekpbw1e said:
I never want to see a club struggle like this....oh except for Exeter & to a lesser degree Stevenage.

Exeter just can't get attendances up even when they give away tickets. Punched above their weight significantly & have had an easy ride for too long. Saying that, how do clubs like Morecambe or Accrington do it? I suppose it does highlight the vast limitations of being a trust owned club.

You edited your post Cobi stating the chickens are coming home to roost but it's the curses that come home to roost in the saying and one that comes true all to often. We still have a balloon payment to sort out and allthough we now have the £800,000 Pcc loan in place no agreement has been reached with the creditors as far as I am aware so it is not to far fetched to say we could still find ourselves in a financial meltdown and should not wish it on any other club, not even six toes up the road. More than happy to seem the stuggle at the bottom of L2 and would even let out a well ment snigger if they got relagated but we should be careful what we wish for :problem: :scarf:

When I first posted this response I honestly thought that I would be in the minority not wishing finacial strife but pleased to see that i'm not at all. Obviously there's still a lot that remember what it feels like.
:thumbs:

C

Cobi Budge.

We'll meet again
Don't know where
Don't know when
But I know we'll meet again some sunny day

:whistle: :scarf:

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Cobi Budge.":2oywvuiw said:
We'll meet again
Don't know where
Don't know when
But I know we'll meet again some sunny day

:whistle: :scarf:
Despite being peed off at the time cos of the fact we lost looking back at it I find it quite amusing and take it in good spirits

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
When it comes to rivalry then maybe we should take a lesson from boxing? The two combatants routinely hurl insults (and worse) during the build-up to the fight, especially at the weigh-in. You get the impression that they genuinely hate each other (plus it sells tickets). They then go toe to toe for 10 or 12 rounds before ending with a hug in the centre of the ring, a sign of real mutual respect. I could never wish ECFC well, but at the same time I don't think we should kick them when they are down - them or any of the other 72 FL family for that matter. If they were clearly living above their means I would perhaps hold a different view. But they clearly live hand-to-mouth. Thus far this season we have the bragging rights where it matters - on the pitch. That should be enough for fair-minded folk.

Aug 15, 2008
It is not even a real Derby is it? They are our closest Football League neighbours so I get that but real Derbies are often in the same city.

Anyway I hope they do not go to the wall as I am sure there are some nice folk behind the scenes there...

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
memory man":i6e7y81i said:
When it comes to rivalry then maybe we should take a lesson from boxing? The two combatants routinely hurl insults (and worse) during the build-up to the fight, especially at the weigh-in. You get the impression that they genuinely hate each other (plus it sells tickets). They then go toe to toe for 10 or 12 rounds before ending with a hug in the centre of the ring, a sign of real mutual respect. I could never wish ECFC well, but at the same time I don't think we should kick them when they are down - them or any of the other 72 FL family for that matter. If they were clearly living above their means I would perhaps hold a different view. But they clearly live hand-to-mouth. Thus far this season we have the bragging rights where it matters - on the pitch. That should be enough for fair-minded folk.

By the same token, if their fans want to give it out they can take it as well. We've actually been very constrained compared to some of the six toes and whilst some may be decent I've never met any. I don't wish them to go out of business, I just want some of them to suffer as we suffered to teach them some humility. We've gone through the worst times possible recently and I don't recall any voices of reason reining in the more moronic of their support.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Ade the green":lmg3l7s9 said:
memory man":lmg3l7s9 said:

By the same token, if their fans want to give it out they can take it as well. We've actually been very constrained compared to some of the six toes and whilst some may be decent I've never met any. I don't wish them to go out of business, I just want some of them to suffer as we suffered to teach them some humility. We've gone through the worst times possible recently and I don't recall any voices of reason reining in the more moronic of their support.
Unfortunately I have only met some of the guys that IJN refers to and they were very reasonable. There were Gulls fans there too and we shared a common interest in hoping our clubs survived and prospered, albeit at the expense of each other on the field of play. But I love to learn and try to appreciate everyone's viewpoint. So I am glad to see 'six toes' counts as constrained; that had never occurred to me before.

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
Quintrell_Green":dcc2zlz1 said:
Gary_Wills":dcc2zlz1 said:
If they need a saviour, Exmoor must offer some great holiday-walks.

But I'd far rather ECFC than a similar minnow like a Gateshead or a Kidderminster or a Dover. Still feels odd to have a team from Somerset playing higher up the structure than the pride of Devon.

I can identify with that sentiment too. If just 50% of the arm chair, stay at home, SKY TV football supporters just got off their arses every 14 days or so, League Clubs in the bottom 2 divisions might be able to exist without, financial loans.

It's a different "product" though isn't it. Top level TV sports entertainment and sit-at-the-stadium lower level sports entertainment are far from the same beast.

T

t._green

I really don't understand the animosity towards another football club. Sure Exeter are our nearest rivals but so what? If we were Portsmouth most likely we'd hold the same view towards Southampton just because of their proximity.

It's actually pretty cringeworthy to be honest, and more than a little embarrassing.

I simply will not gloat over the financial misfortunes of another club because I know how close we came to being wound up as a football club back in 2011. I remember how sick I felt, compounded by misery that a few fans of another club would choose to rub our noses in it at that time. I swore I would never do the same.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
t._green":3gmteneb said:
I really don't understand the animosity towards another football club. Sure Exeter are our nearest rivals but so what? If we were Portsmouth most likely we'd hold the same view towards Southampton just because of their proximity.

It's actually pretty cringeworthy to be honest, and more than a little embarrassing.

I simply will not gloat over the financial misfortunes of another club because I know how close we came to being wound up as a football club back in 2011. I remember how sick I felt, compounded by misery that a few fans of another club would choose to rub our noses in it at that time. I swore I would never do the same.
Hear hear!

May 22, 2006
Before people say that they hope Exeter suffer as we suffered, don't forget that our staff went NINE SODDING MONTHS without pay.

If you could wish that on any decent human being then it doesn't say much for your character. I know some of the pondlife up the A38 wished for our suffering to continue, but this is your chance to be the better man. Please take it.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Andrew Owen":1gfokljb said:
Before people say that they hope Exeter suffer as we suffered, don't forget that our staff went NINE SODDING MONTHS without pay.

If you could wish that on any decent human being then it doesn't say much for your character. I know some of the pondlife up the A38 wished for our suffering to continue, but this is your chance to be the better man. Please take it.
Exactly. In fact, it was longer than nine months.

Don't descend to the low level of the eejits who celebrated such misery.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
memory man":22w5t0x5 said:
t._green":22w5t0x5 said:

Hear hear!
Ditto. As long as we're always above them I'd always want to see the Devon clubs doing okay.