Exeter City FC may need another PFA loan | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Exeter City FC may need another PFA loan

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
memory man":1rr0wejx said:
Ade the green":1rr0wejx said:
memory man":1rr0wejx said:
When it comes to rivalry then maybe we should take a lesson from boxing? The two combatants routinely hurl insults (and worse) during the build-up to the fight, especially at the weigh-in. You get the impression that they genuinely hate each other (plus it sells tickets). They then go toe to toe for 10 or 12 rounds before ending with a hug in the centre of the ring, a sign of real mutual respect. I could never wish ECFC well, but at the same time I don't think we should kick them when they are down - them or any of the other 72 FL family for that matter. If they were clearly living above their means I would perhaps hold a different view. But they clearly live hand-to-mouth. Thus far this season we have the bragging rights where it matters - on the pitch. That should be enough for fair-minded folk.

By the same token, if their fans want to give it out they can take it as well. We've actually been very constrained compared to some of the six toes and whilst some may be decent I've never met any. I don't wish them to go out of business, I just want some of them to suffer as we suffered to teach them some humility. We've gone through the worst times possible recently and I don't recall any voices of reason reining in the more moronic of their support.
Unfortunately I have only met some of the guys that IJN refers to and they were very reasonable. There were Gulls fans there too and we shared a common interest in hoping our clubs survived and prospered, albeit at the expense of each other on the field of play. But I love to learn and try to appreciate everyone's viewpoint.So I am glad to see 'six toes' counts as constrained that had never occurred to me before.

This is regarding a PFA loan and I doubt they would loan money to pay club staff. Their club is being mis-managed every bit as much as ours was prior to administration. Do I wish administration on them? 50/50, I don't wish the same suffering our players and staff had to endure but if it were to happen I'd not go to Sid James Park for a fans Re-reunited.

Quite a few of their fans use our period of administration as a stick to beat us with, if they wish to call us crooks and scum then six-toes is rather mild and obviously not to be taken seriously. I don't even care if I'm in the minority. I shan't be praying for their survival or demise. We've embarrassed them once on the pitch this season, I can't wait till February when we'll do it again.

One more thing. We lost out a great deal in having to sell our better players just to try and keep afloat. With any luck, they'll have to sell Grimes just to keep paying the wages and they'll get a taste of selling their best in a fire sale. Not Pym so much as I don't rate him, yet to keep a clean sheet in L2.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
Cobi Budge.":37ri3da1 said:
We'll meet again
Don't know where
Don't know when
But I know we'll meet again some sunny day

:whistle: :scarf:
This was played at the end of my elderly neighbours funeral on Monday.
Next time I hear it, it'll mean much more to me than it used to.

To be a Pilgrim was also one of the hymns at the funeral.

Back on topic, good luck to them. Know a few City supporters and, surprise surprise, they are human, just like us.

pilgrimmike1

R.I.P
Oct 5, 2010
oggieland
LG":3sn4n987 said:
Cobi Budge.":3sn4n987 said:
We'll meet again
Don't know where
Don't know when

Back on topic, good luck to them. Know a few City supporters and, surprise surprise, they are human, just like us.

Nope thats not true LG, they have six toes on each foot, support a real poor football club that plays on a pig field and suffer from illusions of grandeur but each to their own and hope they are ok. :D

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
pilgrimmike1":3vdhs9i9 said:
LG":3vdhs9i9 said:
Cobi Budge.":3vdhs9i9 said:
We'll meet again
Don't know where
Don't know when

Nope thats not true LG, they have six toes on each foot and suffer from illusions of grandeur but each to their own and hope they are ok. :D

Don't forget LG is Cornish so ...

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I suppose if a six fingered Cornishman bred with a six toed Grecian they'd have some sort of advantage over us normal people.

N

newquaygreen

On any level a business struggling is not funny. I am sure there are lots of people in Exeter and some beyond who need the club as a living or source of business income.
Also a healthy South West set of clubs has to be good for all of us.
Banter and rivalry for sure but in proportion.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
IJN":1onvuw7s said:
I suppose if a six fingered Cornishman bred with a six toed Grecian they'd have some sort of advantage over us normal people.

They probably would be able to tie their shoelaces with one hand. :lol:

pilgrimmike1

R.I.P
Oct 5, 2010
oggieland
Ah, the Cornishman eh. He's a cross between a Hobbit and a womble having once dwelled in hobbit holes in the side of cliffs to taking to burrowing underground like a womble. This is where the the extra fingers come in handy and he burrows using the extra digets like a cat using a litter tray. The problem with all this burrowing underground is it's left the whole "COUNTY" (and I stress county as there are those that consider it to be a seperate country :lol:) unstable and there is a high risk of you falling down a erk big hole that suddenly appears out of the blue :shock: I have to share this little snippet with you, I actually heard a cornishman refer to Cornwall as "Gods own country" bless. Well we all know that's Swilly and Cornwall just can't compare. They are a friendly bunch and some are even members of the green army and should be made welcome. :D

Feb 26, 2011
After reading there comments about us when we were in trouble then sod them. Although I can't be that harsh to any club and hope they sort it out after of course going into admin and leaving the football league. Now is the time to offer 10k for Ashley Grimes I feel!