Exeter City Yes or No | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Exeter City Yes or No

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Adams comment in the latest herald suggests that players will need a lot of pursuading to move down here...money still a big issue....an Exeter derby,a Bristol derby and a Portsmouth derby would be the dream treble...

Oct 31, 2015
Yes from me

The additional crowd as above would be great and 6 points will drive us up the league(only joking Excretia fans on Exweb) The additional crowd has to be worth it

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
What's this crap about 6 points off them? Fair enough, it will happen but the reason for wanting to get out of league two is to leave the dross behind us. Exeter are definitely poo and we should be looking to play better teams next year and easy games should be a thing of the past.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
MarkMatthews":15i61hrm said:
Pogleswoody":15i61hrm said:
Rather keep the Carlisle home and away, longest journey in the EFL as an interesting factoid.

Carlisle will still be in the Football League regardless so that factoid will continue to be the case.

But why would we travel there if we aren't playing them? :think:

Sep 6, 2006
Pogleswoody":3ez3tas8 said:
MarkMatthews":3ez3tas8 said:
Pogleswoody":3ez3tas8 said:
Rather keep the Carlisle home and away, longest journey in the EFL as an interesting factoid.

Carlisle will still be in the Football League regardless so that factoid will continue to be the case.

So YOU would rather travel to Carlisle than Exeter?

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Balham_Green":1wsc7hd7 said:
Pogleswoody":1wsc7hd7 said:
MarkMatthews":1wsc7hd7 said:
Pogleswoody":1wsc7hd7 said:

So YOU would rather travel to Carlisle than Exeter?

Would I
?? :think:

Mar 16, 2006
Manchester
Argy1e":htguf3ed said:
Would much rather see Blackpool or Carlisle promoted than Exeter.

Ditto. I may be biased by my geography but we need to get away from this fascination with playing Exeter - the only reason they're a rival is because we've been unfortunate enough to have slumped to their level because of the mismanagement of the club when we went into admin. The sooner we can stop glamourising this fixture, the better. Its only a big game for them. We need to set our sights higher in my opinion.

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Manchesterlalala":ummyhmi0 said:
Argy1e":ummyhmi0 said:
Would much rather see Blackpool or Carlisle promoted than Exeter.

Ditto. I may be biased by my geography but we need to get away from this fascination with playing Exeter - the only reason they're a rival is because we've been unfortunate enough to have slumped to their level because of the mismanagement of the club when we went into admin. The sooner we can stop glamourising this fixture, the better. Its only a big game for them. We need to set our sights higher in my opinion.
It's a big fixture in the terms of attendance for us. ££££££
It might be easier for you to travel to Carlisle but I'd rather travel 40 miles and be home in an hour. I do enough travelling following Argyle so the closer the better for me.

AdelaideGreen

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Jan 11, 2017
Ade the green":2jq7p452 said:
So, a cording to this report Exeter and Argyle fans have been arrested for arranging an out of season dust up.

According to Hants-Red it's only Argyle's doing and no mention of him about Exeter City's hooligan element being involved.

For this reason alone it's better if we keep ourselves away from each other .

http://www.theexeterdaily.co.uk/news/bu ... fans-clash

Actually Hants-Red seems not to have read the article properly. The Exeterdaily article seems balanced, and if anything focussed more on the Exeter bad boys than ours.

It just goes to show that you can't trust Exeweb as source of unbiased truth. Fear, horror, shock. :crazy:

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
AdelaideGreen":2i792tw0 said:
Ade the green":2i792tw0 said:
So, a cording to this report Exeter and Argyle fans have been arrested for arranging an out of season dust up.

According to Hants-Red it's only Argyle's doing and no mention of him about Exeter City's hooligan element being involved.

For this reason alone it's better if we keep ourselves away from each other .

http://www.theexeterdaily.co.uk/news/bu ... fans-clash

Actually Hants-Red seems not to have read the article properly. The Exeterdaily article seems balanced, and if anything focussed more on the Exeter bad boys than ours.

It just goes to show that you can't trust Exeweb as source of unbiased truth. Fear, horror, shock. :crazy:

Surely you mean after an Exwebber had the article read to them but the headline on their site is pure garbage.

Aug 2, 2011
Why are people obsessed with what happens 40 miles up the A38. Get a grip guys its another football club. May come as a surprise to some but they have normal human beings playing for them and supporting them.

What matters is what happens to PAFC. Everything else is irrelevant. Some people seem to be more concerned that them up there lose than we win. Forget them they really do not matter.

ChepstowGreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
May 1, 2006
It's been a long held theory of mine that success of neighbouring/rival clubs can inspire your own to achieve more. And also if your neighbours /rivals are in the doldrums that only serves to set your own sights lower.

If you look at recent geographical examples, Cardiff getting to the Prem after Swansea achieved it. Celtic having the season of all seasons now Rangers are back in the top flight, the random promotions of numerous relatively small NW clubs to the Prem, like Blackpool, Blackburn, Burnley, Oldham, etc.

Obviously there are lots of other factors at play too but you can also look at regions failing together. Villa / Blues both in the Championship (Birmingham in particular struggling), Sheffield clubs years out of the top flight, Sunderland following Newcastle to relegation. You could certainly add decades of collective westcountry failure to this list too.

As much as it pains me to say it I think if SW football as a whole found a better level, for example Bristol City get to the Premier League, Rovers in the Championship, Exeter top half League One and Torquay pushing on in League Two then Argyle would be pulled along by this wave of success and would progress faster than being surrounded by failure.

Just my theory anyway!

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
ChepstowGreen":28sli18j said:
It's been a long held theory of mine that success of neighbouring/rival clubs can inspire your own to achieve more. And also if your neighbours /rivals are in the doldrums that only serves to set your own sights lower.

If you look at recent geographical examples, Cardiff getting to the Prem after Swansea achieved it. Celtic having the season of all seasons now Rangers are back in the top flight, the random promotions of numerous relatively small NW clubs to the Prem, like Blackpool, Blackburn, Burnley, Oldham, etc.

Obviously there are lots of other factors at play too but you can also look at regions failing together. Villa / Blues both in the Championship (Birmingham in particular struggling), Sheffield clubs years out of the top flight, Sunderland following Newcastle to relegation. You could certainly add decades of collective westcountry failure to this list too.

As much as it pains me to say it I think if SW football as a whole found a better level, for example Bristol City get to the Premier League, Rovers in the Championship, Exeter top half League One and Torquay pushing on in League Two then Argyle would be pulled along by this wave of success and would progress faster than being surrounded by failure.

Just my theory anyway!

Would explain Exeter's incredible turnaround in form. They were useless at the start of the season, they hadn't won at home when they hosted us. We gave them a good hiding and that seemed to be some sort if trigger as not long after their swift journey up the table began.

I can certainly see the logic behind it, sometimes you need that extra incentive to win a football match and getting one over on your local rivals offers that. You only have to attend a game against them to see the atmosphere change, the change in performance from both teams is obvious and that carries on into games against other teams as you look to build on or recover from a derby win or loss.

Personally I'd rather they not do it purely because that is the whole point of a rivalry really, you can enjoy their slip-ups. That said I certainly won't be sad if they do manage it, if building a more competitive south-west isn't reason enough; two games against them next year isn't a bad thing, a nice little earner at home and a welcomed short away trip in this very northern division.