FA cup display | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

FA cup display

P

Positively Green

SwimWithTheTide":11pv6ld2 said:
dennis the menace":11pv6ld2 said:
From what I can see of the Cup final those who have got seats on the lower tier won't be able to sit on them.

Good. Stand loud and proud! :scarf:

But show respect to the people behind you.

:scarf:

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Positively Green":1p2exqy8 said:
SwimWithTheTide":1p2exqy8 said:
dennis the menace":1p2exqy8 said:
From what I can see of the Cup final those who have got seats on the lower tier won't be able to sit on them.

Back row on purpose ;)

But otherwise, in all seriousness, don't ruin an atmosphere cos you've turned up to sit arms folded and be passive.

Sunday's game showed how much of an influence a loud, positive atmosphere can have on our team!

P

Positively Green

I totally agree with the positive influence a loud, positive atmosphere can have on our team. (just look at my user-name).
We have booked front row seats on purpose however this was lucky on our part (quick-thinking and good internet access). There may be someone behind you that can't stand for 90 minutes. If they ask you to sit down politely please respect their wishes.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Of course, I think we're in agreement. I think a difference between can't and won't. If someone just can't be arsed to stand and join in with the atmosphere, then I think they should respect the person in front who does. Works both ways and common sense can come in to play.

H

Helston_Green

Cobi Budge.":1am1hv6q said:
All for a decent display but I hope I'm not the only person who finds Crystal Palace's constant attempts to copy European ultras a little cringeworthy.

Not at all. Palace fans are renowned as up there with the best in the Premier League (although that's not saying much) so why would adding a bit of atmosphere and improving the spectacle be in any way cringeworthy? I've been to a few European fixtures including a Moscow Derby and on occasions it's been more entertaining watching the fans than the game itself.

C

Cobi Budge.

A couple of you have misinterpreted what I was saying, I love a good atmosphere & I'm the first to winge & moan when I see people sitting in silence, all I'm saying is I find it a little cringeworthy when an atmosphere is heavily orchestrated (even rehearsed), for example the Palace singing group all wearing the same clothing, just feels a bit odd and unnatural, the best atmosphere's create themselves, in my opinion anyway.

C

CornishGreenWhite

Palace fans getting slated for creating one of the best atmospheres in the country is laughable. If they all sat there like miserable Gits they'd get slated as well.

Our end needs to be bouncing next Monday, Hundreds of Devon Flags and the whole Bottom Tier standing will be some sight to see.

Feb 15, 2005
Was at the Chiefs fantastic win yesterday and on entry there were free flags being given out by the club to everyone. Wasps had people going round giving out flags. As a thank you to the 32,000 could our club do the same? It was impressive to see all flags at kick off and when points were scored.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Helston_Green":3p7m3160 said:
Cobi Budge.":3p7m3160 said:
All for a decent display but I hope I'm not the only person who finds Crystal Palace's constant attempts to copy European ultras a little cringeworthy.

Not at all. Palace fans are renowned as up there with the best in the Premier League (although that's not saying much) so why would adding a bit of atmosphere and improving the spectacle be in any way cringeworthy? I've been to a few European fixtures including a Moscow Derby and on occasions it's been more entertaining watching the fans than the game itself.

A fellow European adventurer. I took in a Locomotiv v Spartak game a few years ago. What an atmosphere, frightening to some extent. Did Ferencvaros v Ujpest too, not for the feint hearted.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
SwimWithTheTide":1v3tmyr0 said:
Positively Green":1v3tmyr0 said:
SwimWithTheTide":1v3tmyr0 said:
dennis the menace":1v3tmyr0 said:

Back row on purpose ;)

But otherwise, in all seriousness, don't ruin an atmosphere cos you've turned up to sit arms folded and be passive.

Sunday's game showed how much of an influence a loud, positive atmosphere can have on our team!
Tickets bought with no seats in front of us on purpose (behind the wall on top of one of the Vom entrances!)
The Junior DRF will be able to view the proceedings very nicely indeed. :scarf:

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
When if ever did we have two explayers playing in the same team in the FA cup final.

C

Cobi Budge.

CornishGreenWhite":18mh9ie1 said:
Palace fans getting slated for creating one of the best atmospheres in the country is laughable. If they all sat there like miserable Gits they'd get slated as well.

Our end needs to be bouncing next Monday, Hundreds of Devon Flags and the whole Bottom Tier standing will be some sight to see.

Don't twist what I'm saying, I stand and sing every match & I wish others would do the same, what I'm saying is that I find it a bit embarrassing when the atmosphere is choreographed and rehearsed, you might as well go to the theatre. You don't need to all wear the same T shirt to create a good atmosphere for example, nor go to a Wednesday afternoon rehearsal.

Oct 24, 2010
I've paid for the most expensive seats, if I am forced by people in front to stand all match I shall be very unhappy and demanding a refund. Fans should be made to sit or there should be dedicated standing areas it's outrageous that those who wsnt to sit are made to stand by the ignorance of people in front of them.