FA cup display | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

FA cup display

P

Positively Green

Ollieargyle9":2pj8gwka said:
There's a knock on effect that is completely out of your control though, ok the person behind you appears as though they just don't want to stand but could if you stood in front of them, you can see that, they aren't visually injured/disabled/elderly/a child but what about the person behind them or the person behind them etc. can you guarantee that if you stood up every person who is forced to stand as a result is standing in front of someone who can just as easily do 90 minutes on their feet?

It's not as easy as you'd think, you'd be surprised the number of young people in block 3 who are forced take a breather each game let alone somebody who isn't as young and healthy.

It's a courtesy to sit down and await for the person behind to stand, if they do fair enough you're pretty much ok but they sit down you have no idea of the reasoning or who is behind them and for a game like this where people have paid a fortune for a game they've been waiting 20 years for, nobody honestly wants to be the person who missed it because a chain of people stood in front of them and they had no way of preventing it or joining them.

:thumbs:

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Since the ticket allocation was released, I've wondered why Wembley stipulated a singing area. Could it be that this is the area that Wembley itself believes will be filled with those inclined to stand up. After all, why say that only one area can make noise at a final and Wembley cannot condone standing at the national stadium which is contrary to the rules/laws set down by FIFA.

Oct 6, 2005
Winchester
esmer":3lvuwlxp said:
SwimWithTheTide":3lvuwlxp said:
dennis the menace":3lvuwlxp said:
PAFC94":3lvuwlxp said:
esmer":3lvuwlxp said:
I've paid for the most expensive seats, if I am forced by people in front to stand all match I shall be very unhappy and demanding a refund. Fans should be made to sit or there should be dedicated standing areas it's outrageous that those who wsnt to sit are made to stand by the ignorance of people in front of them.

It's outrageous that those who want to stand are made to sit by the ignorance of the people behind them.

It's not when we're in an all seater stadium.

That's because we had our terraces stolen from us by the suits in charge. If the FA have ever shown how completely and utterly they are out of touch with the fans then you need only look at the superbowlification of the FA Cup final yesterday. Fans should regain the right to stand.
But they don't have the right to stand, it is illegal. If you don't like it do what you can to change the law or don't go to football matches. If you go, obey the law and respect other fans.

It's not illegal, it's against "ground regulations". You can't get a criminal record for standing up.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Kevin_Dacombe":2a7m47g0 said:
esmer":2a7m47g0 said:
SwimWithTheTide":2a7m47g0 said:
dennis the menace":2a7m47g0 said:
PAFC94":2a7m47g0 said:
esmer":2a7m47g0 said:
I've paid for the most expensive seats, if I am forced by people in front to stand all match I shall be very unhappy and demanding a refund. Fans should be made to sit or there should be dedicated standing areas it's outrageous that those who wsnt to sit are made to stand by the ignorance of people in front of them.

It's outrageous that those who want to stand are made to sit by the ignorance of the people behind them.

It's not when we're in an all seater stadium.

That's because we had our terraces stolen from us by the suits in charge. If the FA have ever shown how completely and utterly they are out of touch with the fans then you need only look at the superbowlification of the FA Cup final yesterday. Fans should regain the right to stand.
But they don't have the right to stand, it is illegal. If you don't like it do what you can to change the law or don't go to football matches. If you go, obey the law and respect other fans.

It's not illegal, it's against "ground regulations". You can't get a criminal record for standing up.

Does that mean you can only get thrown out? Maybe a banning order thrown in?

Doubt very much that that would ever happen but worst case scenario.......

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
SwimWithTheTide":25prggrs said:
No assumptions being made PG, as mentioned previously between ourselves there's a difference between won't and can't. I don't see why Seating should be given default ruling should a majority surrounding wish to stand, just because they can't be arsed to stand.

I think there should be consideration of standers as well as those sitting. We had our terraces stolen from us after all. So quite simple f##k the out of touch suits who told us we can't stand anymore and brainwashed through the media with nonsense of it being dangerous.

Enjoy the day. Please nobody ruin the atmosphere by being a grumpy git.

I'm not sure who you are digging at by calling them "out of touch suits" but the only people who can change the law are our Members of Parliament. You can vote them out of you don't agree with the stand they take on this issue but there is really nothing for any party to gain by making chasing changes to the current law. If your dig is towards the FA, FL or even club chairmen then you must remember they can't change the law.

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
SwimWithTheTide":kwzh9ktx said:
No assumptions being made PG, as mentioned previously between ourselves there's a difference between won't and can't. I don't see why Seating should be given default ruling should a majority surrounding wish to stand, just because they can't be arsed to stand.

I think there should be consideration of standers as well as those sitting. We had our terraces stolen from us after all. So quite simple f##k the out of touch suits who told us we can't stand anymore and brainwashed through the media with nonsense of it being dangerous.

Enjoy the day. Please nobody ruin the atmosphere by being a grumpy git.
Oh the irony. :roll:

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
On the back of tickets there is reference to a 'Anti-Social Text Service'.

If you are experiencing anti-social behaviour you can text 87474 and 'every effort will be made to deal with the issue'.

'Issues' are foul language, racism, homophobic and transphobic chanting, drinking alcohol in view of the pitch, smoking, standing up and abuse of disabled people.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
I'm finding this very frustrating, as I feel as if some are absolutely intent on telling others how they MUST experience the game. Passively perching a bum on a seat. I'm not trying to tell people to stand or to sit, I'm simply saying - despite some bullpoo ground regulations - that it should be a choice available to all where convenient.

As Ollie has nicely put, it can be a nuisance to ignorantly stand and ruin someone else's enjoyment of the match, but I feel as though some are going to be getting offended by those stood in blocks away from their own. It's bizarre. Do some of you despise the Devonport end? Take fold our picnic chairs to Crawley away?

The suggestion of standing being as offensive as racism or homophobia, or being as much of a risk to life as not wearing a seatbelt - I find it astounding.

Oct 24, 2010
SwimWithTheTide":28acvxqi said:
I'm finding this very frustrating, as I feel as if some are absolutely intent on telling others how they MUST experience the game. Passively perching a bum on a seat. I'm not trying to tell people to stand or to sit, I'm simply saying - despite some bullpoo ground regulations - that it should be a choice available to all where convenient.

As Ollie has nicely put, it can be a nuisance to ignorantly stand and ruin someone else's enjoyment of the match, but I feel as though some are going to be getting offended by those stood in blocks away from their own. It's bizarre. Do some of you despise the Devonport end? Take fold our picnic chairs to Crawley away?

The suggestion of standing being as offensive as racism or homophobia, or being as much of a risk to life as not wearing a seatbelt - I find it astounding.
I think you're being a bit paranoid, I doubt anyone minds you standing up as long as it doesn't impact on the enjoyment of the game for others who wish to sit, as the vast majority want to.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
SwimWithTheTide":1n8om1w5 said:

Tell you what idiot! Show me where I stated there was a comparison and show me where I stated it was due to risk. The point about the text line was stated in full and nowhere did the poster state it was about or even connected to racism, he simply stated the reasons for using the line.

I've stood on terraces before you were born so don't imagine that 20 somethings are missing out on anything that others haven't experienced. You're overblowing and misquoting statements in order to cover for your ignorance and I'm sure at Wembley you won't be looking over your shoulder to check if you're blocking someone's view of the game, be they man, woman or child. I'd also be sure that you chose a seat as far forward as you could. Why, if you want to stand don't you and the others stand at the back (as you do in the Devonport end)?

C

CornishGreenWhite

davie nine":39yaxkg2 said:

If you are experiencing anti-social behaviour you can text 87474 and 'every effort will be made to deal with the issue'.

'Issues' are foul language, racism, homophobic and transphobic chanting, drinking alcohol in view of the pitch, smoking, standing up and abuse of disabled people.

Bet you're a bundle of fun.

Feb 25, 2008
Crownhill
CornishGreenWhite":22srscyi said:
davie nine":22srscyi said:

Bet you're a bundle of fun.

But it's there for a purpose - for everyone to enjoy the match.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Ade the green":31v7s4np said:
SwimWithTheTide":31v7s4np said:

Tell you what idiot! Show me where I stated there was a comparison and show me where I stated it was due to risk. The point about the text line was stated in full and nowhere did the poster state it was about or even connected to racism, he simply stated the reasons for using the line.

I've stood on terraces before you were born so don't imagine that 20 somethings are missing out on anything that others haven't experienced. You're overblowing and misquoting statements in order to cover for your ignorance and I'm sure at Wembley you won't be looking over your shoulder to check if you're blocking someone's view of the game, be they man, woman or child. I'd also be sure that you chose a seat as far forward as you could. Why, if you want to stand don't you and the others stand at the back (as you do in the Devonport end)?

Apologies Ade, I seem to have riled you somewhat though that was not my intention. I'm not sure why you've made such wild assumptions about my character however? If you had read my posts you'll understand that I am at the back of a block positioned behind the goal for a reason.

At home park I usually sit in the Devonport end, though I have on many occasions sat in block 7 (it's usually one of the more sparse areas of the ground, but I consider that corner view one of the best and recommend it highly). When I choose block 7, I'm sat. The people around me are sat. It would be ignorant of my to stand.

My point is that I believe you can get ignorant "sitters". If someone has selected a seat at the back of block 111 (or whichever is the "singing" block) and expects everyone else in that block to sit then they've been a bit daft and they won't get their way.

I don't think it's right that fans have had the right to stand taken from them officially, but self policing of it can lead to fair enjoyment for the majority. David Nine is right to flag up that number, I'll certainly use it if I hear the same homophobic abuse directed at Burton's goalie the last time we played them away at the Pirelli (though the stewards ignored this, but evicted a fan for swearing). I just think there has to be a degree of reasonableness offered to those who chose to stand, as should consideration be offered to those who sit.

Dec 21, 2015
Cobi Budge.":18i36mra said:
TonyD":18i36mra said:
Cobi Budge.":18i36mra said:
We're all going to have opinions but I've just never been able to understand why people want to sit at football matches, especially away from home, I'm far too excited to sit down, plus I've just traveled for 5 or so hours......sitting down.

I guess it's how you look at the day, to me, going to football is about much more than just watching a 90 minute game, I like to stand up, sing, enjoy myself even if the game is a poor one etc.

The sooner safe standing is introduced the better, have a stand or two for those who want to sit and a stand or two for those who want to stand. You could almost have both as well - I remember Cardiff's Ninian Park, standing toward the back of the stand and seating toward the front, fantastic.

Very one sided opinion in your favour

Some people can't stand for 90 mins or don't want to sing so rather than force your own opinion across understand others opinions to

Your other point about creating an atmosphere is strange -
wearing club colours,. singing planned songs (even if not rehersed) or having a drummer / trumpetter or having pre match displays giant flags are all done to create a match atmosphere

Maybe we just have to agree to disagree

I did clearly state that there should be area's for those who want to sit and for those who want to stand, so I'm not looking to force anything upon anyone.

Agree you did comment on standing areas, the point of this thread was about the flags, and display that went along way to generating a spectacular sight not only for those watching on the TV but those in the stadium - yet you condem supporters for going to extraordinary lengths to support their team in the way they want to - black shirts - good for them, I say well done those palace fans keep it up because your a credit to your club.

Just as isay well done to those who sing, invest in large flags, or go to extraordinary lengths to make home park atmospheric reversed or not