FA cup display | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

FA cup display

C

Cobi Budge.

esmer":gkof7fgy said:
I've paid for the most expensive seats, if I am forced by people in front to stand all match I shall be very unhappy and demanding a refund. Fans should be made to sit or there should be dedicated standing areas it's outrageous that those who wsnt to sit are made to stand by the ignorance of people in front of them.

And it's outrageous that those who want to stand are made to sit due to the ignorance of those behind them. It goes both ways.

Agree that standing areas are the answer though.

Nov 4, 2012
esmer":3v976kp0 said:
I've paid for the most expensive seats, if I am forced by people in front to stand all match I shall be very unhappy and demanding a refund. Fans should be made to sit or there should be dedicated standing areas it's outrageous that those who wsnt to sit are made to stand by the ignorance of people in front of them.

It's outrageous that those who want to stand are made to sit by the ignorance of the people behind them.

Nov 4, 2012
Cobi Budge.":1o6xlr3x said:
esmer":1o6xlr3x said:

And it's outrageous that those who want to stand are made to sit due to the ignorance of those behind them. It goes both ways.

Agree that standing areas are the answer though.

I literally just posted almost the exact thing :lol:

Feb 25, 2008
Crownhill
PAFC94":wccqibn6 said:
esmer":wccqibn6 said:

It's outrageous that those who want to stand are made to sit by the ignorance of the people behind them.

It's not when we're in an all seater stadium.

C

Cobi Budge.

We're all going to have opinions but I've just never been able to understand why people want to sit at football matches, especially away from home, I'm far too excited to sit down, plus I've just traveled for 5 or so hours......sitting down.

I guess it's how you look at the day, to me, going to football is about much more than just watching a 90 minute game, I like to stand up, sing, enjoy myself even if the game is a poor one etc.

The sooner safe standing is introduced the better, have a stand or two for those who want to sit and a stand or two for those who want to stand. You could almost have both as well - I remember Cardiff's Ninian Park, standing toward the back of the stand and seating toward the front, fantastic.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
As much as I like to stand at a game, I would still miss my seat if they brought in safe standing. I don't use it all the time but I'm glad it is there.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
If people want to stand, why can't they buy tickets at the back of the stadium? If you buy a ticket at the front and stand, you force standing on everyone else and that's when it becomes ignorant.

Dec 21, 2015
Cobi Budge.":48x0ja5p said:
We're all going to have opinions but I've just never been able to understand why people want to sit at football matches, especially away from home, I'm far too excited to sit down, plus I've just traveled for 5 or so hours......sitting down.

I guess it's how you look at the day, to me, going to football is about much more than just watching a 90 minute game, I like to stand up, sing, enjoy myself even if the game is a poor one etc.

The sooner safe standing is introduced the better, have a stand or two for those who want to sit and a stand or two for those who want to stand. You could almost have both as well - I remember Cardiff's Ninian Park, standing toward the back of the stand and seating toward the front, fantastic.

Very one sided opinion in your favour

Some people can't stand for 90 mins or don't want to sing so rather than force your own opinion across understand others opinions to

Your other point about creating an atmosphere is strange -
wearing club colours,. singing planned songs (even if not rehersed) or having a drummer / trumpetter or having pre match displays giant flags are all done to create a match atmosphere

Maybe we just have to agree to disagree

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
dennis the menace":1k9i6r45 said:
PAFC94":1k9i6r45 said:
esmer":1k9i6r45 said:

That's because we had our terraces stolen from us by the suits in charge. If the FA have ever shown how completely and utterly they are out of touch with the fans then you need only look at the superbowlification of the FA Cup final yesterday. Fans should regain the right to stand.

C

Cobi Budge.

TonyD":1szwhnoa said:
Cobi Budge.":1szwhnoa said:

Very one sided opinion in your favour

Some people can't stand for 90 mins or don't want to sing so rather than force your own opinion across understand others opinions to

Your other point about creating an atmosphere is strange -
wearing club colours,. singing planned songs (even if not rehersed) or having a drummer / trumpetter or having pre match displays giant flags are all done to create a match atmosphere

Maybe we just have to agree to disagree

I did clearly state that there should be area's for those who want to sit and for those who want to stand, so I'm not looking to force anything upon anyone.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
All seater stadia has been law since 1994-1995, so 20+ years and like the seatbelt law for cars has been around long enough for people new to football to not know any different or those that used to stand to get used to the comfort of not standing for 2 hours and I'd suggest that those advocating standing have the luxury of doing so when they can sit down during a match whenever they want.

Those that want to stand, imagine that you can't sit down at half time.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Doesn't mean that the "law" (which doesn't abide for a large portion of professional club stadia) isn't total bullpoo and counters the wishes of a large portion of fans...

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Comparing standing at a football match to seat belts in cars quite frankly is the most ludicrous argument I've ever read.

Oct 24, 2010
SwimWithTheTide":1oadq7kl said:
dennis the menace":1oadq7kl said:
PAFC94":1oadq7kl said:
esmer":1oadq7kl said:

That's because we had our terraces stolen from us by the suits in charge. If the FA have ever shown how completely and utterly they are out of touch with the fans then you need only look at the superbowlification of the FA Cup final yesterday. Fans should regain the right to stand.
But they don't have the right to stand, it is illegal. If you don't like it do what you can to change the law or don't go to football matches. If you go, obey the law and respect other fans.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
SwimWithTheTide":x8lgmaz4 said:
Comparing standing at a football match to seat belts in cars quite frankly is the most ludicrous argument I've ever read.

In what way?

The comparison I make is that neither law was welcomed but as time has gone on there's no new/younger drivers that have ever driven without a seatbelt in much the same way there's very few new/younger football goers that aren't going to all seater grounds. With very few exceptions you tell me I'm wrong!