Fans Forum with Argyle board 25th October (with video) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Fans Forum with Argyle board 25th October (with video)

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
GreenSam":2h1w32mc said:
I dropped an email about it earlier- no reply as of yet but that sounds like an answer. Let's just hope it's published offficially soon. I can't help but think surely this could have been announced sooner to maximise attendance especially considering people having to travel down from outside of Plymouth.

I seem to have forgotten, how did Stapleton and co communicate their fan engagement meetings?

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Woah, I'm not denying that it's a hell of a lot better than having no engagement meetings at all. I'm glad it's been arranged and I'm sure a lot of probing questions will be asked.

But in spite of that, I still maintain that if it was announced over a week in advance to allow people to plan ahead (and also advertised in the match program etc) then more people would probably have turned up- and surely the more the better with events such as this.

Feb 25, 2011
Saltash
IJN":14imh46n said:
GreenSam":14imh46n said:
I dropped an email about it earlier- no reply as of yet but that sounds like an answer. Let's just hope it's published offficially soon. I can't help but think surely this could have been announced sooner to maximise attendance especially considering people having to travel down from outside of Plymouth.

I seem to have forgotten, how did Stapleton and co communicate their fan engagement meetings?

Ian, how impressed are you with the communication regarding next Saturday's meeting?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I'm not Phil.

However my point is that at least this Board do have meetings with fans, which is a great improvement on the last incumbents.

Feb 25, 2011
Saltash
I personally think that saying that the current board have 'greatly' improved with regards to fan engagement is pushing it slightly.

An improvement? Yes. However, not by much.

Is holding a meeting which only those who closely follow the internet will know is on really something to shout about?

James Brent spoke about fan engagement when he arrived at the club. He has achieved a certain amount (most notably stability on the pitch and potentially financial stability off it). However, I would not say significantly increased levels of fan engagement is one of those things.

One might say he "talked the talk" but not much else.

James Brent is an intelligent man. If he had wanted lots of fans at his meeting on Saturday he would have made sure that was the case. It is hard to see the meeting being anything other than very low key.

Very disappointing and a missed opportunity by the club to really unite fans and the club once again (just like years gone by).

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
GreenSam":1bg9vpx0 said:
LG":1bg9vpx0 said:
I see it's been advertised in todays Sunday Independent.
With the time and venue, LG? Still nothing on the OS as of yet.
Of course not Sam.
That would be communicating with us fans wouldn't it. :facepalm:
Another missed opportunity.
perhaps we should have a sweepstake on the attendance for the meeting next week?

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
LG":1hu0p6yn said:
GreenSam":1hu0p6yn said:
LG":1hu0p6yn said:
I see it's been advertised in todays Sunday Independent.
With the time and venue, LG? Still nothing on the OS as of yet.
Of course not Sam.
That would be communicating with us fans wouldn't it. :facepalm:
Another missed opportunity.
perhaps we should have a sweepstake on the attendance for the meeting next week?

Brilliant idea, perhaps offer a pasty and a pint for, say, a fiver to attract people?

:)

I was going to start a new fan group called "Trust in Tone" to keep fans involved and abreast of the latest news. What do you think LG?

Feb 25, 2011
Saltash
Well you can hardly criticise the club for being 'reactive' as opposed to 'proactive'. Right now, they're neither!

I wonder if James Brent / Akkeron advertised for tenants at HHP in a similarly (rather shambolic) way?

Might explain a lot if so!

Trev501

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 3, 2006
Dolores (Alicante) Spain
If this is taking place in the GTs marquee then they don't need to advertise it as the place will be full anyway!

Trev501

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 3, 2006
Dolores (Alicante) Spain
Phil Sloggett":1nk5qxh0 said:
Trev501":1nk5qxh0 said:
If this is taking place in the GTs marquee then they don't need to advertise it as the place will be full anyway!

Why is that?
At the time I posted above I assumed it would be at the Fansfest however I see it may be in the morning.

Feb 19, 2013
I think this is pretty poor by the club and whoever the responsibility it falls at.
A time and a venue should have been announced ages ago to allow people to sort the time and make arrangements to attend. It should be at a convenient time when the majority of fans can attend, like at 1ish. If it is rumoured to be at 10 am that's a joke, as are fans then supposed to hang around for hours after until the game? It's like the club don't want people to turn up!!!

And if not many people show, I hope people don't come on here and say "well u had your chance" because the club seem to be making it as difficult as possible

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
Ho Ho Green Benny":2xml2wxo said:
I think this is pretty poor by the club and whoever the responsibility it falls at.
A time and a venue should have been announced ages ago to allow people to sort the time and make arrangements to attend. It should be at a convenient time when the majority of fans can attend, like at 1ish. If it is rumoured to be at 10 am that's a joke, as are fans then supposed to hang around for hours after until the game? It's like the club don't want people to turn up!!!

And if not many people show, I hope people don't come on here and say "well u had your chance" because the club seem to be making it as difficult as possible
Unfortunately i'm sure there are some that will say that.
At least one from the board.