Home Park Development (PCC agenda 14th December 2pm) | Page 14 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Home Park Development (PCC agenda 14th December 2pm)

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
esmer":i0s2urks said:
I don't think you understand.

That's it Rich, no need for any other words. In his rush to have a pop he (yet again) makes himself look foolish.

A truly amazing poster, he's so consistent.

:facepalm:

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
The Grumpy Loyal":1qz0iplg said:
Biggs":1qz0iplg said:
I read that as 'it will take more time to build on the rink side of the Pavilions because they have to build one at HP first. Whereas the other side of the Pavilions is just a car park and easy to get started with sooner'

Seems to make perfect sense. No?

Are you serious? The Pavilions Ice Rink is being KNOCKED DOWN. The only ice rink allegedly being ‘built’, is at HHP.

I'm well aware of that. Let me rephrase...

There is a large development planned around the Pavilions. On one side of this development site is the ice rink and the other a car park.

The article is saying the ice rink side is going to take longer to develop because a replacement must be built at HP AND the current one demolished before anything can happen. Whereas the car park side is just a car park and can be worked on far earlier.

T

The Grumpy Loyal

Biggs":iqkfxuy5 said:
The Grumpy Loyal":iqkfxuy5 said:
Biggs":iqkfxuy5 said:
I read that as 'it will take more time to build on the rink side of the Pavilions because they have to build one at HP first. Whereas the other side of the Pavilions is just a car park and easy to get started with sooner'

Seems to make perfect sense. No?

Are you serious? The Pavilions Ice Rink is being KNOCKED DOWN. The only ice rink allegedly being ‘built’, is at HHP.

I'm well aware of that. Let me rephrase...

There is a large development planned around the Pavilions. On one side of this development site is the ice rink and the other a car park.

The article is saying the ice rink side is going to take longer to develop because a replacement must be built at HP AND the current one demolished before anything can happen. Whereas the car park side is just a car park and can be worked on far earlier.

No it doesn't! Read what is ACTUALLY written. Not what you'd like it to say. it doesn't say anything about the "ice rink side" as you put it.

It says...

Mr Brent said that although contractors were already being chosen, it will take time to build the rink and it is therefore more likely he will develop the Millbay side of the Pavilions site first.

Now, focus on the highlighted bit of what is ACTUALLY written.

If you read that, disregard it, and hope it's meant to mean something else, that is pretty desperate thinking.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
What the hell are you on about?

I have no idea what point you're trying to make. It will take time to build the rink at HP (which frees up the rink at the Pavilions to be demolished and then developed), so in the meantime the car park nearest Millbay will be the first part of the development.

You’ve completely misunderstood the ‘ice rink will take time’ bit. It just means that’s the reason why one side of the Pavilions will be developed before the other.

Can someone else tell me if I've got that wrong?

T

The Grumpy Loyal

Oh and the latest propaganda article in the Herald emphasises my belief that I stated a few weeks ago that Brent has never had any intention whatsoever of actually building the hotel and offices etc on HHP. He is simply waiting on planning permission to be granted then he will sell the land (with a huge uplift in value after planning permission is granted) to the first Tom Dick or Harry that makes the highest bid.

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/news/pl ... ark-845478

God knows what PCC must be thinking about the whole Millbay scheme. They've put that whole development in the hands of someone who has no money to finance it, and is totally reliant on trying to find REAL investors with REAL money to get the scheme built.

It's like groundhog day with the HHP mk1 non-development. :facepalm:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Biggs":29hos3lq said:
What the hell are you on about?

I have no idea what point you're trying to make. It will take time to build the rink at HP (which frees up the rink at the Pavilions to be demolished and then developed), so in the meantime the car park nearest Millbay will be the first part of the development.

You’ve completely misunderstood the ‘ice rink will take time’ bit. It just means that’s the reason why one side of the Pavilions will be developed before the other.

Can someone else tell me if I've got that wrong?

No you're right. The Millbay but is merely a flat piece of land for car parking. After all, according to some {pseudo} experts, parking must come first.

By the way, did you see that Plymouth CityBus have said Milehouse Bus Depot is available to house any overspill parking between 0700 and 1900? Makes complete sense. Not exactly a 'hike' is it?

Ys2DNlz.png

May 8, 2011
The Grumpy Loyal":362csw20 said:
Oh and the latest propaganda article in the Herald emphasises my belief that I stated a few weeks ago that Brent has never had any intention whatsoever of actually building the hotel and offices etc on HHP. He is simply waiting on planning permission to be granted then he will sell the land (with a huge uplift in value after planning permission is granted) to the first Tom Dick or Harry that makes the highest bid.

God knows what PCC must be thinking about the whole Millbay scheme. They've put that whole development in the hands of someone who has no money to finance it, and is totally reliant on trying to find REAL investors with REAL money to get the scheme built.

And any uplift in the value of the land will benefit Argyle as they are guaranteed 50% of any windfall profit from the development.

Mar 29, 2017
HC Green":z0xyc7j1 said:
The Grumpy Loyal":z0xyc7j1 said:

And any uplift in the value of the land will benefit Argyle as they are guaranteed 50% of any windfall profit from the development.

Have heard that JB has publicly stated that this is not actually the case.

I have no idea of the credibility of the source, but it would be great to know either way.

May 8, 2011
PAFCMatt84":2ifodzq1 said:
HC Green":2ifodzq1 said:
The Grumpy Loyal":2ifodzq1 said:

Have heard that JB has publicly stated that this is not actually the case.

I have no idea of the credibility of the source, but it would be great to know either way.

You need to see the video of the Fans Forum from July or read a transcript.

The commitment to profit share was part of the legal agreement when HHP was sold, there was an either or funding option, as the first much bigger development didn’t go ahead Argyle will now get the or.

Aug 5, 2005
You see, this is the thing I've never understood. The Home Park development will make the club more attractive to investors and increase the chances of someone buying Argyle.

Yet the Brent Out campaigners are trying to block it, which means there's more likelihood of Brent staying

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
The Brent out people care nothing about our club, they put they're own agenda above that.

Mar 29, 2017
IJN":2ln1ekhm said:
The Brent out people care nothing about our club, they put they're own agenda above that.

It's funny, thats exactly what the other 'side' seems to say.

Frustrating really, ideally we'd all be pulling in the same direction. After all, deep down we all want the same thing, don't we?

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
PAFCMatt84":u5awkbn4 said:
IJN":u5awkbn4 said:

It's funny, thats exactly what the other 'side' seems to say.

Frustrating really, ideally we'd all be pulling in the same direction. After all, deep down we all want the same thing, don't we?

You'd think so Matt, sadly both sides seem to care more about digging at the others online than about the club.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Give it a rest Odi.

I get about 20/25 screenshots per week from things they've said (mostly libellous) and yet you keep saying this.

This site is dedicated to PAFC, we support it, we finance the Academy, we give £1000's to the club in various ways. Them.....? Haters have to hate it's as simple as that.

One of their 'biggest' mouthpieces has been banned for corruptly using a disabled carers ticket and yet the PC brigade amongst them tried to defend that. Stop talking crap man!!

Also they've got together (Never Again eh?) and tried to delay the HHP Hybrid. Fans? Nah, self important arses that have their own agenda. When it's passed, they'll move the goalposts and try something else, you watch.