Home Park Development (PCC agenda 14th December 2pm) | Page 15 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Home Park Development (PCC agenda 14th December 2pm)

T

The Grumpy Loyal

HC Green":2y0h34u4 said:
The Grumpy Loyal":2y0h34u4 said:
Oh and the latest propaganda article in the Herald emphasises my belief that I stated a few weeks ago that Brent has never had any intention whatsoever of actually building the hotel and offices etc on HHP. He is simply waiting on planning permission to be granted then he will sell the land (with a huge uplift in value after planning permission is granted) to the first Tom Dick or Harry that makes the highest bid.

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/news/pl ... ark-845478

God knows what PCC must be thinking about the whole Millbay scheme. They've put that whole development in the hands of someone who has no money to finance it, and is totally reliant on trying to find REAL investors with REAL money to get the scheme built.

It's like groundhog day with the HHP mk1 non-development. :facepalm:

And any uplift in the value of the land will benefit Argyle as they are guaranteed 50% of any windfall profit from the development.

Youā€™re getting a bit confused HC. The 50% windfall profit relates to the HHP area where the Ice Rink is earmarked. The hotel down on the south western flank is a totally private James Brent venture.

May 8, 2011
IJN":34ala32h said:
Give it a rest Odi.

I get about 20/25 screenshots per week from things they've said (mostly libellous) and yet you keep saying this.

This site is dedicated to PAFC, we support it, we finance the Academy, we give Ā£1000's to the club in various ways. Them.....? Haters have to hate it's as simple as that.

One of their 'biggest' mouthpieces has been banned for corruptly using a disabled carers ticket and yet the PC brigade amongst them tried to defend that. Stop talking crap man!!

Also they've got together (Never Again eh?) and tried to delay the HHP Hybrid. Fans? Nah, self important arses that have their own agenda. When it's passed, they'll move the goalposts and try something else, you watch.

I do wonder if the Argyle fans objecting on the grounds of parking and traffic have thought that if the development is refused on those grounds then there will be no chance of Argyle ever getting planning permission to expand Home Park.

There are two questions I would ask of the objectors:
Would you be objecting to plans to increase Home Park capacity by 2,000, the equivalent of the maximum usage of HHP?
Would you be objecting if Argyle were submitting the planning application and funding the development?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I'd also ask if any of them objected to the Life Centre, if any of them use HHP car park and even if any of them use the Park & Ride.

KFA

Apr 4, 2012
Plymouth
ā€œThe commitment to profit share was part of the legal agreement when HHP was sold, there was an either or funding option, as the first much bigger development didnā€™t go ahead Argyle will now get the or.ā€œ

HC that is correct but given that others (PCC/Lombard) also have claim on windfall and that I am unclear on when any windfall would be calculated ( when land/ buildings sold in entirety? In part sales? What if JB/investors hold as long term investment? Etc etc) I would suggest we consider the ā€œorā€ as a bonus when/ if any arises.

Thatā€™s not a reason , in my eyes, to object to the proposed developments as club received full value ( at that time) for HHP on day one but I think itā€™s right for peopleā€™s expectations to be based on fullest info we have.

B

Baby Face Johnson

IJN":3pc71v5m said:
I'd also ask if any of them objected to the Life Centre, if any of them use HHP car park and even if any of them use the Park & Ride.
The Life Centre replaced the old Mayflower Centre and Central Park Swimming Pool though.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
It did BFJ but my God, it reduced the car parking no end. :greensmile:

May 16, 2016
PAFCMatt84":1ca05bhx said:
IJN":1ca05bhx said:
The Brent out people care nothing about our club, they put they're own agenda above that.

It's funny, thats exactly what the other 'side' seems to say.

Frustrating really, ideally we'd all be pulling in the same direction. After all, deep down we all want the same thing, don't we?

To me, it all seems like an ongoing personal feud. One side more vociferous in what comes across as a jealous ex never getting over being dumped.

The shame of it being that, for anyone trying to get a balanced view of all the development / team funding issues, trying to see the 'alternatives' is difficult as, all that comes across is a few people obsessed with getting what appears to be 'revenge' for cr8p that happened years ago.

I have my own views and opinions on the JB takeover and post administration days, as I do on the Development plans, not all of them favourable. However, reading other media sites / forums, I'm led to believe that I'm a bit of a Village idiot for supporting anything in favour of JB or dare I say it, paying for, or towards anything other than my ST. Basically, it appears that, even by posting on here I'm some sort of ignorant fool worthy of a derogatory nickname. Yet if i don't support any of the Clubs plans or current regime, I'm expected to sneer at anything or anyone remotely Green at heart.

The people who don't want JB here and object to his future plans (a fair point in some cases), do themselves no favours by trying to drum up 'support' while muddying the waters with the ongoing bitchfest over individuals most of us have never met, known or even care about.

Like was said, ideally we'd all want what's best for the Club, but for some it comes across that it's not success they crave, just revenge. That's why all we see is personal insults and apparently a sticker count.

If I wanted to win the Hearts and Minds fight, I'd refrain from the petty stuff and move on. To everyone else it's boring and dare I say it, 'Village ' like.

May 8, 2011
KFA":f1th6uyt said:
ā€œThe commitment to profit share was part of the legal agreement when HHP was sold, there was an either or funding option, as the first much bigger development didnā€™t go ahead Argyle will now get the or.ā€œ

HC that is correct but given that others (PCC/Lombard) also have claim on windfall and that I am unclear on when any windfall would be calculated ( when land/ buildings sold in entirety? In part sales? What if JB/investors hold as long term investment? Etc etc) I would suggest we consider the ā€œorā€ as a bonus when/ if any arises.

Thatā€™s not a reason , in my eyes, to object to the proposed developments as club received full value ( at that time) for HHP on day one but I think itā€™s right for peopleā€™s expectations to be based on fullest info we have.

The fact there are charges on the land will have no bearing on the calculation of any windfall profit as the majority will be from the increase in value of the land, what we used to call a paper profit, so will have no impact on the amount Argyle will be due. Once again it is people either misunderstanding or perhaps misinformation.

KFA

Apr 4, 2012
Plymouth
HC. Really? Are you sure? I thought the charges secured value uplift share agreements ? Delighted if you are right as will increase any amount due although timing remains an unknown.

Mar 19, 2010
IJN":k1o0s2m2 said:
The Brent out people care nothing about our club, they put they're own agenda above that.

As a neutral I would suggest that wanting Brent out means they do care about the club. I have always had an open mine about JB and hoped he succeeded but in my humble opinion he cares more about property that the team. I hope he proves me wrong in January!

is it the case these days to support the club you have to support JB and DA? Having watched argyle for 40 years I am shocked how some people have settled for being bottom of the league. When I started going being in the lower half of the old Division 3 was seen a poor season.

May 8, 2011
Mutley Green":35a24b34 said:
IJN":35a24b34 said:

As a neutral I would suggest that wanting Brent out means they do care about the club. I have always had an open mine about JB and hoped he succeeded but in my humble opinion he cares more about property that the team. I hope he proves me wrong in January!

is it the case these days to support the club you have to support JB and DA? Having watched argyle for 40 years I am shocked how some people have settled for being bottom of the league. When I started going being in the lower half of the old Division 3 was seen a poor season.

You are correct he is interested in property, as judged by how much money has been invested on Harperā€™s Park and the plans for the Grandstand.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
How the hell are you a neutral? You've been moaning about JB since 2012. :facepalm:

Come on pal, if you're going to play a game, tell the truth.

Mar 19, 2010
HC Green":2ovrdzkd said:
Mutley Green":2ovrdzkd said:
IJN":2ovrdzkd said:

You are correct he is interested in property, as judged by how much money has been invested on Harperā€™s Park and the plans for the Grandstand.

I am all for the development but at the moment we have

Harper Park - relatively low investment
Grandstand - Nothing happened yet
Team - League table and signings speak for myself

Perhaps more communication regarding the team is required?

Mar 19, 2010
IJN":8pkk76ut said:
How the hell are you a neutral? You've been moaning about JB since 2012. :facepalm:

Come on pal, if you're going to play a game, tell the truth.

Read this site everyday but not posted for a long time due to the constant point scoring and people dismissing other people views and rights to have a view. You have confirmed this as you would prefer to go on the attack than answer my point! Which was it just because you dislike JB or DA does it make you less of a fan? I support the club not individuals and have no agenda. I am for investment in the ground as long as the team doesn t suffer.

N

NorfolkGreen

Unfortunately we have reached a position where you canā€™t be a neutral, I donā€™t know if it is a societal thing, but itā€™s disappointing none the less.