Home Park Development (PCC agenda 14th December 2pm) | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Home Park Development (PCC agenda 14th December 2pm)

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Hubble":jh2xqph1 said:
To be honest I am not that unhappy IJN. I think the grandstand referb is ok. Nothing really special in getting a low interest loan, over a long period, to improve an asset (grandstand). It's the other stuff that grips me. I just think our chairman is making a bit of a killing, when you take into account the deal with the pavilions,vets and higher home park, ect . I know people will say business is business and all that, but some things are just more important than that.

At last there is someone that admits that it’s the fact that James Brent is making money that bothers them.

If only there was a Plymouth Argyle fan who was a billionaire that could run us like a charity. Everyone would be happy then. (I think)

C

CADMAN

Come on Cabbie, you need to squeeze out of that diesol and go up there on a beautiful day like today. People running, walking, children playing and learning to ride bikes, all ages playing golf, teenagers skateboarding, a couple of weeks ago thousands of women raising money for cancer, I could go on. And yes people enjoying walking dogs.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Hubble":16xxf1wv said:
To be honest I am not that unhappy IJN. I think the grandstand referb is ok. Nothing really special in getting a low interest loan, over a long period, to improve an asset (grandstand). It's the other stuff that grips me. I just think our chairman is making a bit of a killing, when you take into account the deal with the pavilions,vets and higher home park, ect . I know people will say business is business and all that, but some things are just more important than that.

We knew in 2011 that JB would eventually make a profit, that was our price for saving our football club, and it's credit to him that he's waited for six years and longer to realise any profit while at the same time making the club sustainable and turning in a small profit.

I suppose once the Life Centre was built it was a green light for further associated developments, the Life Centre was actually built on green land although that was replaced elsewhere in Central Park. The new proposed development will be built on existing land that is not green land.

As for the Pavilions, it was costing Plymouth City Council £1.5m a year to operate and with a £30 million shortfall in its budget it was a good move for the people of Plymouth to sell it to JB.

All operating costs of the Pavilions transferred to Akkeron.

C

CADMAN

Daz":1hflsy29 said:
Hubble":1hflsy29 said:

At last there is someone that admits that it’s the fact that James Brent is making money that bothers them.

If only there was a Plymouth Argyle fan who was a billionaire that could run us like a charity. Everyone would be happy then. (I think)
Daz. Are the new developments paying for the grandstand? I thought Jane and Simon were lending us the money for that? The only problem I have with the rich getting richer is that it is usually at the expense of the rest of us.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Hubble":3a2hwmtw said:
Come on Cabbie, you need to squeeze out of that diesol and go up there on a beautiful day like today. People running, walking, children playing and learning to ride bikes, all ages playing golf, teenagers skateboarding, a couple of weeks ago thousands of women raising money for cancer, I could go on. And yes people enjoying walking dogs.

I must go over there at the wrong times then. I only ever see handfuls of people. Will these people they be turned off going there because there's a wider selection of refreshments? I don't think they would. If it then brings more visitors to the park, then everyone's a winner!

C

CADMAN

PL2 3DQ":644tn6e6 said:
Hubble":644tn6e6 said:

We knew in 2011 that JB would eventually make a profit, that was our price for saving our football club, and it's credit to him that he's waited for six years and longer to realise any profit while at the same time making the club sustainable and turning in a small profit.

I suppose once the Life Centre was built it was a green light for further associated developments, the Life Centre was actually built on green land although that was replaced elsewhere in Central Park. The new proposed development will be built on existing land that is not green land.

As for the Pavilions, it was costing Plymouth City Council £1.5m a year to operate and with a £30 million shortfall in its budget it was a good move for the people of Plymouth to sell it to JB.

All operating costs of the Pavilions transferred to Akkeron.
Yes I am aware of the history. I just think now the dust has settled, the football club isnt seeing more of the Brent family windfall. Perhaps in the future it will , he does come across as a honarble man.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Hubble":3t0u4f8s said:
Handfuls of People? You were doing ok till then.

:lol: I don't know where that came from.

What I meant of course was, I've not seen many people over there unless there is something special going on.

C

CADMAN

Lundan Cabbie":11h478i5 said:
Hubble":11h478i5 said:
Handfuls of People? You were doing ok till then.

:lol: I don't know where that came from.

What I meant of course was, I've not seen many people over there unless there is something special going on.
I expect you had a late night.

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
SwimWithTheTide":7zg7uc15 said:
No soapbox my devilish friend, just a simplistic breakdown.

What? Grandstand.
For who? PAFC
Paid for by? PAFC
Funded by? Hallett family loan.

What? Everything else.
For who? Akkeron/James Brent.
Not sure how he intends to fund it mind.

Just my point that the joint application decision seems to have delayed things. The Grandstand refurb is a fairly straightforward application isn't it and unlikely to be rejected? It's based on an existing structure.

The HHP and Western Gateway stuff is irrelevant but has been added to the application, why? As I said, some say it was a logistical move and money saver. Others may see it as a sly way to put pressure on accepting the lot because of the Grandstand lure. I'm not saying it's necessarily my view, but I can see why it can be read as such.

If I want to put an extension on my house and build a conservatory, I'm not going to knock on the door of the landlord of the local pub and ask him if I can add my conservatory plans onto his plans to demolish and build flats am I?

Planning applications at this level can be expensive I believe, I am also under the impression that Akkeron are funding the application with no cost to PAFC, Surely win, win.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I love the park, I'm always up there and Hubble is right, many hundreds per day enjoy it was much as me.

But this car park 'car park gang' make me giggle. I've never really got my head around the P&R either, City Centre is PL1 and we have a P&R in PL2?? Coypool I understand, as I do with The George, but driving into Plymouth, to get a bus into Plymouth??

It's my theory (and that's all it is) the Never Again group, had a meeting, sough advice from an 'expert' who used to post a lot on here and off they went, objecting along the way. Which is quite apt as I find most of them objectionable. :greensmile:

Now I here some of them are crowing that the 'planning meeting' has been delayed. Of course it has, you lot delayed it.

Not rocket science is it? Still don't worry the AFT is on it.............. oh hang on.

C

CADMAN

IJN":1l3fewa6 said:
I love the park, I'm always up there and Hubble is right, many hundreds per day enjoy it was much as me.

But this car park 'car park gang' make me giggle. I've never really got my head around the P&R either, City Centre is PL1 and we have a P&R in PL2?? Coypool I understand, as I do with The George, but driving into Plymouth, to get a bus into Plymouth??
I think it is mainly to save money .

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
IJN":lviw7lj8 said:
I've never really got my head around the P&R either, City Centre is PL1 and we have a P&R in PL2?? Coypool I understand, as I do with The George, but driving into Plymouth, to get a bus into Plymouth??

I guess The George and Coypool P&R's aren't best located for visitors coming from the west.

I used the P&R bus from Milehouse for the very first time when I went to the Fleetwood game. I walked up to HP to buy my ticket and then went into town by bus before returning in time for the match. What I didn't realise was that the buses stop at ALL stops along the way. I had assumed that they stopped at the station and Royal Parade only. If that is the same for The George and Coypool services then it must take forever. It sort of takes away the convenient idea of Park & Rides.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I wasn't even thinking of Argyle P&R Paul, the normal one that the NAGS are wittering about.