Incoming ....Josh Simpson signs. Official | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Incoming ....Josh Simpson signs. Official

A

ArgyleLuka

Great signing, nice to see we're being more attacking minded than defensive this season. Carey and Simpson are two quality attacking minded midfielders and are at least L1 standard. I like to see these talented midfielders who are going to be given a chance other than a panicky signing (Olly Nourburn) coming in just to sit on the bench week in week out.

Generally good signings so far very pleased with this attacking minded players, bring on the new season only 32 days to go! :scarf:

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
BojanTheGreat":q231f4ue said:
Glynn":q231f4ue said:
Another decent signing and the squad looking good for next season. Probably another 2 CM's for me then would be done apart from an odd loan.

What about right midfield?

Smalley?

Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
Another cracking signing, quality player who is league 1 standard, really should thrive at this level. More of the same please DA and CB

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Wonder what character the new lads have?

Sheridan said we lacked leaders in 13/14 but didn't totally rectify it last season. I wonder, for example, whether Adams will retain Nelson as his captain.

Whatever his thinking, our "game over" as soon as we are behind days must be eliminated if we are to have a decent season.

C

Cobi Budge.

Paven":1esu55n0 said:
Tugboat":1esu55n0 said:
BojanTheGreat":1esu55n0 said:
Glynn":1esu55n0 said:
Another decent signing and the squad looking good for next season. Probably another 2 CM's for me then would be done apart from an odd loan.

Smalley?

Good one! :clap: :lol:

How many times have you seen him on the right? Once at the most?

Thought Smalley gave a solid 7/10 display when he played 90 minutes at RW away to Cambridge.

Not saying it's the answer, just pointing out that it's silly to rule it out.

Smalley will come back to surprise people in some capacity.

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
Metal_Green_Mickey":2keb2u9m said:
Two or three classy loans and things are taking shape.

Another attack minded player. :thumbs:

I know Sheridan did a reasonable job, but I always thought we were defensively minded. Looking at this player and the others we have acquired (apart from sawyer) it always seems so positive because the dynamics of the team seem to be about scoring goals.

As for the one year deals I'm guessing going it this way he and they can assess the squad as the season progresses whilst it doesn't eat into more future budgets.

I do think it will take time to blend all these players. If you look at his time before with Ross county in the last few seasons he had to change personnel around and they started slowly. Yet his teams seem to pick up momentum by the new year. Argyle fans may not like it but August, September and October we might suffer a few defeats until this team settles.

Exciting times though if the football matches his offensive thinking.

Why do we need loan signings? To me, a loan signing is necessary in the event that a permanent player for a needed position cannot be filled to an acceptable level.

We need a defensive, ball winning midfielder, a right winger and a RB to push Mellor. That is 3 players. This squad is really starting to look sweet.

Jun 8, 2014
Cobi Budge.":3knv5a8w said:
Paven":3knv5a8w said:
Tugboat":3knv5a8w said:
BojanTheGreat":3knv5a8w said:
Glynn":3knv5a8w said:

Smalley?

Good one! :clap: :lol:

How many times have you seen him on the right? Once at the most?

Thought Smalley gave a solid 7/10 display when he played 90 minutes at RW away to Cambridge.

Not saying it's the answer, just pointing out that it's silly to rule it out.

Smalley will come back to surprise people in some capacity.

The only way he's going to surprise me is if he somehow comes back worse than before.

Saw him at Luton and he played there, incredibly greedy but also not with the talent to actually beat anyone, meaning he consistently took players on and lost the ball. Rather infuriating when you're trying to defend a 1-0 lead. He's actually got hints of talent about him but he's mentally so poor it's all rendered pretty much irrelevant anyway.

Jul 12, 2011
Mountwise Plymouth
BojanTheGreat":1smspqqo said:
Glynn":1smspqqo said:

Smaller and Carey could play there but would depend it Adams plays 4-3-3 as wouldn't need a winger then.

Could also be a position where he will get a loan player in.

A

alex-d

Really happy with this signing! An experienced and forward thinking midfielder who is clearly more than good enough on paper for this league according to many. Feel we still need a ball winner just behind/alongside him though as Cox is unreliable through injury

cheshiregreen":260jk01r said:
Wonder what character the new lads have? Sheridan said we lacked leaders in 13/14 but didn't totally rectify it last season.
someone last season once said [derogatorily] that "we were like the kids of the league" due to our general age, naivety and lack of powerful leaders to withstand L2 rough and tumble. I'd have to agree to a large extent - so I am hoping the new recruits bring a better level of skill and confidence, but also an improved level of shrewness :twisted: to our play while in this league.
welcome aboard Josh :greensmile:

C

Cobi Budge.

Smalley is a decent footballer for this level, not a world beater, but he's a fair bit better than most make him out to be.

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
Cobi Budge.":389496g2 said:
Smalley is a decent footballer for this level, not a world beater, but he's a fair bit better than most make him out to be.

He will compliment the squad. He'll fill in here and there, but I do not rate him that highly either. Considering the level of players we appear to be bringing in, I can't see him getting in the first team based on his performances last season.

Maybe DA works him out and finds a place for him? Maybe he turns him into Messi or something :)