Is Banton's future at Argyle? | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Is Banton's future at Argyle?

Dec 20, 2011
NO Not at all ,,, ineffective ,,, poor touch ,,, no finish and,,,,,,,, No team spirit

only one who never came over to the GA to celebrate the 3 points today ,,,,, go in January please

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Waste of a wage at present.

C

Cobi Budge.

A friend at the game (who's usually a Banton fan) has said he was awful and the only player who didn't celebrate at Ft.

I imagine he's a high earner, that wage is being wasted atm.

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
He's a confidence player who's out of confidence at the moment. If the ball drops the right way and he scores then who knows what will happen? I retain faith in him.

Jun 27, 2013
Granted he has not played anywhere near as well as he did when here on loan, but i think many of you are being harsh in saying he has to go, especially those that comment on him 'sulking' off & not clapping the fans tonight, do you not think he might just be peed off with his own performance? As already said on here, he is a confidence player, try getting behind him, give him a big reception against the daggers, do your bit (as ill be doing) to make him feel wanted & we may well see the Banton we loved, if he is to succeed at Argyle we have to show patience.

C

Cobi Budge.

Banton hasn't been Banton for an entire year, and probably before that as MK Dons fans questioned his work rate and consistency.

People are acting as if he's just had a little poor run of form, he's been pretty poor (bar 2 or 3 games) since returning to the club.

If Marvin Morgan, Deane Smalley or even Alessandra was performing as Banton is, then they'd be slated to the hills, Banton gets a lot of protection because of what he did during his first spell here.

All that said, our bench is so weak (no Morgan, Smalley or Thomas atm) he is certainly needed at the club right now.

Jun 27, 2013
I have to disagree with you there Cobi, Alessandra puts in so much work for the team that should he give a performance some might consider lazy it would quite rightly be put down to tiredness or injury, Morgan & Smalley however have never made as significant a contribution nor impact as Banton did when he first arrived & so until they do will rightly come under more scrutiny when playing poorly.

C

Cobi Budge.

I don't agree with that I'm afraid. If Banton's good period was a few weeks ago then your point is valid, but it was nearly 2 years ago, I think it's wrong that gives him protection over other players.

Banton still has something but I think what some need to accept is that this isn't a form issue (if it is then it's a bloody long form issue), he just isn't as good a player these days.

I think he needs to go down to come back. His career is pretty.doomed if he plays out his contract here.

pilgrimmike1

R.I.P
Oct 5, 2010
oggieland
Fffs he's been totally played out of his position for christ knows how long now so why do folk expect the same level of competence as his first loan spell, it's just not going to happen is it. Play him as a striker when RR comes off on a regular basis and I wouldn't mind betting we'll see the old JB return if not thats the time to right him off, remember Mchugh as left back!!

C

Cobi Budge.

Out of position or not, I don't expect a player to jump out of the way of any physical contact and continually lose the ball when it would be easier to keep it.

McHugh didn't get stick because he tried his very best at LB, despite not getting his way most of the time.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
So if we can't enjoy a win the same old moaners have to bring up something else to moan about. Lets enjoy the win and worry about Banton's future when the decision is made.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Steve.PAFC2012":3lknydxb said:
So if we can't enjoy a win the same old moaners have to bring up something else to moan about. Lets enjoy the win and worry about Banton's future when the decision is made.

Whilst I would normally agree, I do think this subject has relevance considering the position we were in before Banton ( and Harvey) replaced Reuben and Lewis.

Whilst not at the game, it was fairly evident that the latter kept up a level of pressure that the former could not. Once free of tracking RR and LA Northampton seemed to have more interest in coming forward and we almost threw away 2 points. The relevance is that we lack forwards at the moment and with a busy period coming up we will need to rely on our second string. I'd much prefer us to be in a position of replacing RR with MM and LA with DS than what we have now.

That said, we will need to rest our primary strikers and I'd much rather see RR with JB and LA with TH and only taking off one of our deadly duo at a time.

pilgrimmike1

R.I.P
Oct 5, 2010
oggieland
Cobi Budge.":9bo1wt09 said:
Out of position or not, I don't expect a player to jump out of the way of any physical contact and continually lose the ball when it would be easier to keep it.

McHugh didn't get stick because he tried his very best at LB, despite not getting his way most of the time.
You're missing the point Cobi and I suspect quite deliberately to suit, McHugh was played out of position and he played like a donkey,always being caught out but that was understood so why should it be different for JB. As for him jumping out the way thats you're own little beef you continually use to try and prove you're point and don't see to many others using the same excuse, like I said play him as a striker and try to have an open mind.