Is Derek the right manager? | Page 15 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Is Derek the right manager?

Lancastergreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
He won't get sacked, get over it and move on.

Lancastergreen

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
He can afford it but he won't sack him.

Jan 29, 2010
plymouth
If he does not go now he will see us out of the league and into football history . He is one of the most incompetent managers we have ever had which along with one of the most useless and selfish owners we have ever had makes our demise as a football club almost a certainty

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Graham Evans":1kv4awvw said:
If he does not go now he will see us out of the league and into football history . He is one of the most incompetent managers we have ever had which along with one of the most useless and selfish owners we have ever had makes our demise as a football club almost a certainty

Can I borrow some of PAFC94’s language or is ‘tool’ sufficient?

May 8, 2011
Graham Evans":367287xg said:

Nice generalised statement with no facts to back them up. Surely you could do a small or as you feel so strongly a long list to support your statement.

Aug 5, 2016
Graham Evans":2rqdc6ym said:

Describing a manager who took us to a playoff final and then won promotion with a rebuilt team (losing the title on goal difference) as 'one of the most incompetent managers we've ever had'. You need to really think about what you're saying.

Sep 21, 2003
Peverell
Graham Evans":nny6ds00 said:

As far as managers go, I give you Kevin Hodges and Paul Mariner as worse examples than Adams. As far as the owners go, I think JB would be happy with us being a League Two mainstay as long as he gets his office development.

Lancastergreen

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth
I think you would all do well to remember that JB stumped up cash to save a dead ship when no one else gave a stuff. We have a football club and despite many things being wrong from the playing point if view, it is a steady ship run within its means. JB is not a football man he is a business man running a business as a business. He will by nature get out of it what he can for his own benefit as i would too. He has a few quid stashed away from him own gains and isn't going to bankroll us up a league to satisfy a few thousand people. You may not like that but it is the way it is, he is doing exactly what most were expecting.

Dec 22, 2004
Plymouth
Lancastergreen":298n4oc3 said:
I think you would all do well to remember that JB stumped up cash to save a dead ship when no one else gave a stuff. We have a football club and despite many things being wrong from the playing point if view, it is a steady ship run within its means. JB is not a football man he is a business man running a business as a business. He will by nature get out of it what he can for his own benefit as i would too. He has a few quid stashed away from him own gains and isn't going to bankroll us up a league to satisfy a few thousand people. You may not like that but it is the way it is, he is doing exactly what most were expecting.

Football clubs that are run by businessman as a business will sack the manager when the cost outweighs the payoff. The cost will include bums on seats, merchandise, TV rights etc.

I’m not entering the what is Brent debate - there a whole other places dedicated to that and it interests me not.

Lancastergreen

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jan 12, 2017
Plymouth

May 8, 2011
djg145":1oj4eab8 said:
Right manager for Argyle - NOOOOOO

Maybe Lidl's would suit him better.

Yet another statement with no facts or reasons to back it up, perhaps you could let us know what they are?

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
League position?

Performances?

Tactics?

Signings?

Substitutions?