Is Derek the right manager? | Page 17 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Is Derek the right manager?

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Green Oldie":3a63ih5y said:
Is it not time that the BBC removed their Audio and Video clip of the 22nd September from their League One Football page entitled 'Adams out to prove people wrong'? It is 2 months ago and nothing much seems to have improved since!
Although DA's anger is rubbing off on me - but as a reaction to him and his arrogance!!

He is proving people wrong! All those who backed Argyle for promotion and those who backed Argyle to be safe and consolidate in Div 1 for starters!!

Feb 8, 2005
Balham_Green":2bjjp3g5 said:
Lancastergreen":2bjjp3g5 said:
I think you would all do well to remember that JB stumped up cash to save a dead ship when no one else gave a stuff. We have a football club and despite many things being wrong from the playing point if view, it is a steady ship run within its means. JB is not a football man he is a business man running a business as a business. He will by nature get out of it what he can for his own benefit as i would too. He has a few quid stashed away from him own gains and isn't going to bankroll us up a league to satisfy a few thousand people. You may not like that but it is the way it is, he is doing exactly what most were expecting.

So if/when we go down how do you think that will affect finances? Just asking like!

So if/when we stay up how do you think that will affect our finances, then? Just asking!

Sep 6, 2006
jimsing":3u37fntm said:
Balham_Green":3u37fntm said:
Lancastergreen":3u37fntm said:
I think you would all do well to remember that JB stumped up cash to save a dead ship when no one else gave a stuff. We have a football club and despite many things being wrong from the playing point if view, it is a steady ship run within its means. JB is not a football man he is a business man running a business as a business. He will by nature get out of it what he can for his own benefit as i would too. He has a few quid stashed away from him own gains and isn't going to bankroll us up a league to satisfy a few thousand people. You may not like that but it is the way it is, he is doing exactly what most were expecting.

So if/when we go down how do you think that will affect finances? Just asking like!

So if/when we stay up how do you think that will affect our finances, then? Just asking!

Well its not very smart to repeat somebody else's statement and change one word is it ? We may well still stay up but the current evidence is not promising. The point which I will slowly explain so you may understand is that Lancaster Green doesn't think Brent will spend to keep us up. My point is he may be inclined to if it means he may lose more money if he does not. Get it?

Aug 5, 2016
Balham_Green":3t4kdixl said:
jimsing":3t4kdixl said:
Balham_Green":3t4kdixl said:
Lancastergreen":3t4kdixl said:

Well its not very smart to repeat somebody else's statement and change one word is it ? We may well still stay up but the current evidence is not promising. The point which I will slowly explain so you may understand is that Lancaster Green doesn't think Brent will spend to keep us up. My point is he may be inclined to if it means he may lose more money if he does not. Get it?

One loss in seven and there is no evidence we can stay up? Try opening your eyes pal.

Dec 22, 2010
north devon
To answer the post NO. When I suggested putting Adams on gardening leave and getting in another manager I was shot down, so why is nearly everyone saying he should go,have you all changed your mind. Advertise for a new head coach and pick the best one, simples.. Im sure there will be many applicants as there always is. Im sure Dereck would soon hand in his resignation. It needs to be done before the transfer window or Im sure Derek will bring in another load of poop.

Dec 22, 2004
Plymouth
Clem":2zrnr6z3 said:
To answer the post NO. When I suggested putting Adams on gardening leave and getting in another manager I was shot down, so why is nearly everyone saying he should go,have you all changed your mind. Advertise for a new head coach and pick the best one, simples.. Im sure there will be many applicants as there always is. Im sure Dereck would soon hand in his resignation. It needs to be done before the transfer window or Im sure Derek will bring in another load of poop.

I don’t think he will bring in poop this time. I do, however, think they’ll not change the style at home and that is what is killing me. Toumani is a good league one player; but he’s hardly set the excitement levels up.

Mar 8, 2016
GreenArmy1984":1kvj6hf8 said:
We Have The Right Man In Charge - DA

Time to get behind him & the team

COYGs

10k attendance Saturday I think? It's fair to say the fans have been supporting the team pretty well considering how bad our home form/performances have been under derek Adams. I do admire Brent's policy on stability, almost any other club would have sacked Adams by now. I hope his belief in the manager pays off come the end of the season. Big big match tomorrow, lose that and fans becoming restless will get a tad noisy I feel.

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
It's just boring. The fact that yet another 20 page thread has been made suggests supporters are disgruntled. I fear we are down now. If this was the prem, most would have expected him to be gone by now. Same principle. I'm in the out brigade fwiw

Feb 8, 2005
Monster Green":1pz8yl88 said:
It's just boring. The fact that yet another 20 page thread has been made suggests supporters are disgruntled. I fear we are down now. If this was the prem, most would have expected him to be gone by now. Same principle. I'm in the out brigade fwiw

The facts are that the home and away matches have been so well supported suggest that the fanbase are still supporting the team, and therefore the manager as well.

Disgruntled they may be, but they are with the team so far.

We are not down, not even close to being down. We are not even half way through the season.

FFS Man up you guys.

Oct 5, 2003
Devon
Clem":3pnvrvvd said:
Your suggestion is a tad unethical.

Aug 5, 2016
Monster Green":29py68n7 said:

A third of the division is within 6 points of us for gawds sakes. With five months of football to play.

I genuinely don't understand the reaction. It is always as if we are bottom, marooned, 10 points adrift or more.

There are some very winnable games coming up if you check the fixtures.

Jan 3, 2013
Knibbsworth":iug6b5gf said:
Monster Green":iug6b5gf said:

A third of the division is within 6 points of us for gawds sakes. With five months of football to play.

I genuinely don't understand the reaction. It is always as if we are bottom, marooned, 10 points adrift or more.

There are some very winnable games coming up if you check the fixtures.
we need at least 50 points by the end of the season......answer me this, with the current dross can you honestly see us getting them?

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Winnable games are only a plus if you are able to fullfill that prophecy.