Is Derek the right manager? | Page 16 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Is Derek the right manager?

May 8, 2011
Tugboat":2zs9k6ya said:
League position?

Performances?

Tactics?

Signings?

Substitutions?

Stubbornness?

Arrogance?

Perhaps you could give some reasoning why these don’t make him the right manager for Argyle?

Dec 22, 2004
Plymouth
HC Green":zpsi09o7 said:
Tugboat":zpsi09o7 said:
League position?

Performances?

Tactics?

Signings?

Substitutions?

Stubbornness?

Arrogance?

Perhaps you could give some reasoning why these don’t make him the right manager for Argyle?

At a guess....

League position? 23

Performances? @HP in FL1 = W1 D2 L6

Tactics? He’s a tad negative

Signings? This years lot are at best “Bench fodder”

Substitutions? Re Shrewsbury and Oxford

Stubbornness? 1 up front continuously without variation

Arrogance? Post match interviews (although not Oxford TBH)

I am just guessing though; so could be wrong.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Tony_Flags":2a1ok444 said:
HC Green":2a1ok444 said:
Tugboat":2a1ok444 said:
League position?

Performances?

Tactics?

Signings?

Substitutions?

Stubbornness?

Arrogance?

At a guess....

League position? 23

Performances? @HP in FL1 = W1 D2 L6

Tactics? He’s a tad negative

Signings? This years lot are at best “Bench fodder”

Substitutions? Re Shrewsbury and Oxford

Stubbornness? 1 up front continuously without variation

Arrogance? Post match interviews (although not Oxford TBH)

I am just guessing though; so could be wrong.

Ta :thumbup:

Mar 23, 2008
I have to say that sadly i'm slowly starting to think he isn't the right man, i respect him and think he has many good qualities but such a pragmatic approach is fine as long as results are there, as soon as they aren't then what's left? I really hate the way we are so passive at home and let the other team have the ball and feel their way comfortably into the game and then try and nick one on the break or hope Carey produces something. I want to see us really at it, closing down and pressing up the pitch and playing at a good tempo, getting the crowd going and making home games fun again. My ideal scenario would be for Adams to stay and evolve as i do feel he's a very decent man and has many good managerial qualities but i fear he may lack one which is the ability to change. What we do at home does not work, it didn't last year and it isn't this year, keep doing the same thing will keep getting the same results, time to evolve and move forwards.

Oct 20, 2015
We're on for 8 more points (22 total) by start of Jan, 12 more (26 total) by end of Jan at the current scoring rate.

Of January: you have to ask yourself, "is this mythical 'silver bullet' striker going to come to Home Park or a promotion-chasing club instead"?

I agree that relegation is nailed on.

Question is - will DA be in charge for our 2018/19 season in L2?

Apr 26, 2016
:scarf: Away we set up defensive and try to nick a goal and it works and our away points ratio is very good.
At the start of the season Adams said his target was to improve our home record and so far its been a lot worse getting drubbed by several
teams, the sending offs are a major issue but it was evident to see every Oxford player was comfortable on he ball, they passed it around
in front of us waiting to pass through which we defended ok then we get undone by a ball over the top, to high, flat footed, basic
defending .. we then as we do shout and scream off side, maybe maybe not, Oxford then done us over the top three more times by the
end of the game. They were far more composed and had options to get through us. Our sending offs are caused by pressure, panic or being
out of position. Our full backs are exposed at this level and not having a centre forward is criminal. Feel sorry for Jarvis playing with back to
goal he cant hold it up and never will, its not his game.
Personally think the guys work there socks off and that was proven at Bradford, but we are not good enough to boss games and keep the ball
we are playing better teams who are taking us to task. There little number 10 was superb, always on the ball and causing us all sorts of issues
our wizard was over hitting corners and crosses and only involved in dead ball situations.
Its hard watching 200/500 away fans every other week have such a good time at Home Park and the other 9000 look depressed and fed up.
Adams doesn't play two up front because he know we would get stuffed, simple as, he crowds the midfield to stifle the better teams turning up.
If we haven't got money to spend it is was it is.
Australia rugby manager was superb yesterday, although obviously fuming at the score line and decisions I don't look or use excuses, blame culture
gives every one a get out, its never our fault. Glad to see Adams held his hand up after Oxford game, well done mate. He didn't say that but he didn't
use excuses. They were far better than us. I wish they weren't but they were. :scarf: :banghead:

Sep 6, 2006
Frank_Butcher":13boj7li said:
Tugboat":13boj7li said:
We’re in a dogfight because we’re so negative and timid in our approach.

If we go down then at least go down fighting and getting at teams. If we go down wimpering through being over cautious and basically depressingly dire to watch then the club doesn’t deserve the thousands that dig deep to go each week.

He HAS to change his philosophy and tactics. If he won’t then we will go down.

You just don't get it, do you ? We do not have the personnel. Get used the style of play - watch it or not, your choice.

Yes the personnel! Nothing to do with DA is it? :facepalm:

Sep 6, 2006
HC Green":6ffpgt50 said:
Tugboat":6ffpgt50 said:
League position?

Performances?

Tactics?

Signings?

Substitutions?

Stubbornness?

Arrogance?

Dumbest question of the day.

Sep 6, 2006
Lancastergreen":13eea6bh said:
I think you would all do well to remember that JB stumped up cash to save a dead ship when no one else gave a stuff. We have a football club and despite many things being wrong from the playing point if view, it is a steady ship run within its means. JB is not a football man he is a business man running a business as a business. He will by nature get out of it what he can for his own benefit as i would too. He has a few quid stashed away from him own gains and isn't going to bankroll us up a league to satisfy a few thousand people. You may not like that but it is the way it is, he is doing exactly what most were expecting.

So if/when we go down how do you think that will affect finances? Just asking like!

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
HC Green":2bi8hlx0 said:
Tugboat":2bi8hlx0 said:
League position?

Performances?

Tactics?

Signings?

Substitutions?

Stubbornness?

Arrogance?

I can only assume you've been living under a rock since August. Either that, or you are Derek Adams.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
🎫 ST Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Balham_Green":2prl9x0m said:
Frank_Butcher":2prl9x0m said:
Tugboat":2prl9x0m said:

If we go down then at least go down fighting and getting at teams. If we go down wimpering through being over cautious and basically depressingly dire to watch then the club doesn’t deserve the thousands that dig deep to go each week.

You just don't get it, do you ? We do not have the personnel. Get used the style of play - watch it or not, your choice.

Instead of picking one liners from isolated posts - as is your trademark - you might care to read back where you will find my opinion on that.

Sep 6, 2006
Frank_Butcher":13kr476o said:
Balham_Green":13kr476o said:
Frank_Butcher":13kr476o said:
Tugboat":13kr476o said:

Instead of picking one liners from isolated posts - as is your trademark - you might care to read back where you will find my opinion on that.

Yes cos your post wasn't 'a one liner' was it?

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
🎫 ST Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
Balham_Green":3bdkx9se said:
Yes cos your post wasn't 'a one liner' was it?

:clap: Carry on - I'm past caring about your digs and quips at others' expense - all too often with very little substance.
Just for you though, this is the second line.

Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
Frank_Butcher":3ur4mhgl said:
Tugboat":3ur4mhgl said:

Excluding defenders he has chosen for L1 to (re)sign:
Ness, Diagourage (Defensive minded, but both should be capable of starting an attacking movement from their position and provide confidence that they're enough cover for the back 4 without needing 10 back there.)
Cifti, Ainsworth, Lameriras, Grant, Wylde, Carey, + Given Fletcher a position with the first team. All his choices.
Given where we were in January: Sarcevic + Taylor obviously signed with L1 in mind too.

Why has he signed so many "Attacking" players if we don't have the personnel to attack?
(I've personally felt we looked better when we did try to attack, but we'll leave opinions out of it)

He somehow didn't notice...That in his system that he says himself needs width...Miller + Sawyer are not very good at doing this.

Dec 24, 2006
Plympton
Is it not time that the BBC removed their Audio and Video clip of the 22nd September from their League One Football page entitled 'Adams out to prove people wrong'? It is 2 months ago and nothing much seems to have improved since!
Although DA's anger is rubbing off on me - but as a reaction to him and his arrogance!!