Jamille Matt released by Fleetwood - Signed by Blackpool | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Jamille Matt released by Fleetwood - Signed by Blackpool

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Steve.PAFC2012":367xnos9 said:
Yeah would like to see him paired with Brunt next season with Carey in behind pulling the strings, would be enough for opposition defenders to panic about.

Certainly opposition CBs, not to mention shakey 'keepers, would know that they are in for a tough aerial battle if Messrs Brunt and Matt were paired up front.

In his defence for monday robinson who is very experienced was nudging
matt in the back every time he was about to leap. The useless ref and
linesmen never once saw a foul. I dont think he won a single header
because of this. Shows what experience can bring to a team but still
doesnt excuse us for being so one dimensional with all the hoofing to him.
As for a mattman/RR combo up top next season yes please. Could easily shoot
us up if we can keep it tight at the back as well. It would also mean the
end of 4231 and hopefully then a more frequent 3412. Or at least 2 up top
in home games whatever formation.
There is a piece in todays herald by RR about jamille and his struggle on monday.
He says that playing one up top is good if we pass but bad if we hoof. Sorry about
all the ads.
http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/Argyle- ... story.html

Dec 3, 2005
:scarf: SIGN him UP - SIGN him UP - Sign him up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :scarf:

Nov 18, 2011
I know they didn't play much together but whenever I saw Reid and Matt together up front they gave opposition defences a really hard time. I'd like to see more of it.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
Waraqah":3w0gh9fn said:
Mike Charlick":3w0gh9fn said:
Won't be thrilled if he signs. Would like someone a bit more mobile, who can control a football and jump more than 6 inches.

7 goals in 14 games. It doesn't take a lot to underwhelm us lot on PASOTI, does it?

How long until someone comes along to say he's fat, slow and lazy?

If it means Derek Adams signing him I'll say it. :greensmile:

C

Cobi Budge.

I like him, good player & I hope he signs, but some people really are hyping him up to be something he's probably not.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Keepitgreen":1rtfoxnk said:
Pogleswoody":1rtfoxnk said:
Sell Reid if he wants to go. Get some money for him.
Sign Matt.
Get Brunt fit.
Bring Harvey and Rooney through.
Sign another experienced striker (smaller goalscorer type?)

Sign an experienced midfielder to orchestrate how we get the ball to the strikers at the right time and place.

Sounds like a plan to me! :scarf:
Threlkeld's your man (despite his lack of experience). :)

Wouldn't argue with that.

May 18, 2016
Keepitgreen":28it7kxy said:
He's among 14 players released by Fleetwood this morning. Got a feeling he'll be one of the first signings for us.

Herald

We know Jamille's qualities - and he has proven that he can score. That must eliminate most of the risk and it would mean that if we do have to sell Reuben, then we have a proven alternative - so its a no-brainer. I think Rooney could do well alongside him - and he wouldn't compete with Matt for the same ball.

I do have a concern that whenever we have played with a tall centre-forward, we have always hoofed it up to him from deep. We also need to keep Wilde - and get him more consistent - and develop other options out wide; and we need to find a role for Jervis, because he isn't much of a winger!

Bubba

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 26, 2006
The single biggest stumbling block we have faced as a club over the years is getting players here, the guy loves it here, has said come and get me and he had a strike rate of 1 in 2? Absolute no brainer and I expect there is lots going on behind the scenes.

If we don't sign him there will be lots and lots of questions asked

May 19, 2016
Unfortunately in football time and time agin what a player says and what his agent recommends for money are not always the same, but we must wait and see ,would be good to play with 2 strikers next season