Jamille Matt released by Fleetwood - Signed by Blackpool | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Jamille Matt released by Fleetwood - Signed by Blackpool

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Good job we didn't take that thought process with Trigger who was unwanted by Rovers playing in a league below us.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I think that Fleetwood released Matt because, having signed him for £320k, he must have been on a high salary in relation to their overall salary budget.

They probably decided that they had not received good value from him, partly due to his injury problems, so they decided to cut their losses.

He did very well on loan for us and, I really believe that, he would be an effective spearhead if we had another striker to work with him. He was too isolated at Wembley and this was evident when Reuben Reid joined him. Even in that short period there were a few half-chances created.

Sep 2, 2008
Adams has to sign this fella. He's mobile, got good feet, height and has a decent work rate. People bang on about wanting a 20 goal a season striker so having slotted 7 in 14 games then it could be argued over a season, based on those stats, Jamille could your man. He's certainly better than a lot I've seen playing up front for us in recent years and won't cost anything either - no brainer.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Agree totally. One goal every two games, a big physical presence and hopefully the injuries he had at Fleetwood behind him and he should be entering his best years now.

Feb 2, 2007
Green_Matt":1q65mps2 said:
Not sure I would want Brunt and Matt. One or the other please.

Wimbledon had 4 recognised strikers in their squad although keeping them all "happy" may be tough. Smalley being injured didn't help this season and then Brunt's season finishing early obviously made it tough, although Matt was his replacement.

Brunt, Matt, 2 others (assume Reid goes and Adams doesn't see Jervis as a CF option)

Feb 28, 2016
Its been pretty much ruled out and whilst I personnely, think the likes of Palfrey, Jones and Calver will really benefit from an extra year in the SWPL and could easily go on to star in the first team after that with more chance of success, being both more physically and mentally mature

However having said that one player I honestly think would thrive if chucked in now, whilst not as strong as HB but stronger then Bob Reid, with fight and be completely undaunted by it would be CM Ben Steer.

As for Matt, Im neither, fan boy ( wont be bothered if we sign him or not) or Boo boy ( not to blame for Wembley defeat as there was no service) next season my main interest would be around building a team that could best accomidate and use Louis Rooney to the best of his strengths. Would also be looking how Tyler Harvey could be utilised to the best of his strengths.

Jul 6, 2011
Well, there's a mound of gut reactions forgetting where our real problem areas are.
Brunt and matt, really? Not what I see as a combination that flows like oil and we are prepared to leave out our most consistent striker? And as far as I can see Jervis' best position is up,front and what of Rooney and Harvey, do they have to wait another year to get some game tine?
I think this is something the manager needs to really think about.

C

Cobi Budge.

Has an offer from Mansfield on the table as well according to twitter

Oct 6, 2005
Winchester
jerryatricjanner":19e3lk3c said:
Good job we didn't take that thought process with Trigger who was unwanted by Rovers playing in a league below us.
Rovers were playing in a league above us when we resigned him weren't they?

C

Cobi Budge.

jerryatricjanner":1f42y84n said:

The same with Ryan Brunt.

C

Cobi Budge.

Has offers from Argyle, Mansfield, Colchester, Blackpool & Grimsby according to sports journalist Pete O'Rourke.