Jamille Matt released by Fleetwood - Signed by Blackpool | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Jamille Matt released by Fleetwood - Signed by Blackpool

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Pilgrim":49tlbops said:
crownhillpilgrim":49tlbops said:
Pilgrim":49tlbops said:
He's not good enough. There's a reason he's been released...

For League 1 maybe. We're not in League 1 and he's been excellent for us.

He was sh1te at Wembley...

Set a thankless task with no supply. As for Hollowhead's view on anything...... :yawn:

Nov 6, 2011
Mark Pedlar":fjbwh0tf said:
Pilgrim":fjbwh0tf said:
crownhillpilgrim":fjbwh0tf said:
Pilgrim":fjbwh0tf said:

For League 1 maybe. We're not in League 1 and he's been excellent for us.

He was sh1te at Wembley...

Set a thankless task with no supply. As for Hollowhead's view on anything...... :yawn:

I loved the football when Hollowords was here...good time to be an Argyle supporter :scarf:

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Pilgrim":2kv38c0n said:
There was a reason that Ryan Brunt was released but he did well for us until his injury. Probably cost us automatic.

Aug 15, 2015
I think he's an excellent League 2 striker. Got goals in him, strong, good in the air, work-rate and I don't think his hold up play is that bad. Those who criticise him for his performance at Wembley clearly don't understand the game if they can't recognise that he was completely marked out of the game by 2 centre halves and wasn't supported well or quick enough when we broke. That is to do with tactics, management and the operation of the team unit - he had nothing to work on for the entire game. He was alienated and even Reuben Reid says this on Argyle's website. Fleetwood didn't shell out £350,000 odd on him and make him their record signing for nothing. Clearly it hasn't worked and he's been hampered by injuries.

Would be a fantastic signing and I don't doubt that Adams will be going for him.

Nov 6, 2011
davie nine":16ehwvhf said:
Pilgrim":16ehwvhf said:
There was a reason that Ryan Brunt was released but he did well for us until his injury. Probably cost us automatic.

That's true. I guess time will tell on Matt but i'm not convinced.

Mar 14, 2009
What I would like to see is Argyle finally sort out the RM/RW slot.

If you sign Matt he needs a decent supply of crosses. Whilst we had Wylde doing his best there was nothing from the right side because Jervis moves inside more.

Would like to think Jervis plays as a ST next season. If needed can be switched to RW but in the main we need more width from that side. Imagine you have pace down the sides and big, strong men like Matt, Reid, Jevis and Brunt for goals.

We didn't score enough goals. Maybe that was due to the supply. Without Carey, Wylde and at times Jervis I am not sure who was mean to supply the width and the crosses.

Four massive areas to be sorted are central midfield and central defence, right back and right midfield. With Simpson gone and Boateng & Houghtons loan ended I think we need at least two permanent signings in central midfield. We need an engine room player. Someone to do all the dirty work. We need someone good on the ball but who can get forward and is a goal threat in the box so when Carey is deep we have more numbers in the box.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
Tom Cobbley":e7x1v3bn said:
Argyle players will be on holiday now so nothing will happen for a week or two probably

Re J Matt his agent isn't on holiday as all football agents are probably working flat out.

Sep 6, 2006
Metal_Green_Mickey":88v9qne8 said:
What I would like to see is Argyle finally sort out the RM/RW slot.

If you sign Matt he needs a decent supply of crosses. Whilst we had Wylde doing his best there was nothing from the right side because Jervis moves inside more.

Would like to think Jervis plays as a ST next season. If needed can be switched to RW but in the main we need more width from that side. Imagine you have pace down the sides and big, strong men like Matt, Reid, Jevis and Brunt for goals.

We didn't score enough goals. Maybe that was due to the supply. Without Carey, Wylde and at times Jervis I am not sure who was mean to supply the width and the crosses.

Four massive areas to be sorted are central midfield and central defence, right back and right midfield. With Simpson gone and Boateng & Houghtons loan ended I think we need at least two permanent signings in central midfield. We need an engine room player. Someone to do all the dirty work. We need someone good on the ball but who can get forward and is a goal threat in the box so when Carey is deep we have more numbers in the box.

The crosses haven't been great but kind of defeats the object of the exercise if there s only 1 striker in the box.

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
Decent player, but there is a reason why a poor side that finished 19th in the league above don't want him; he isn't good enough. So if we sign him, and we go up, then how will he perform? Fine if he signs, but won't slit my wrists if he doesn't