Jordan Houghton on loan from Chelsea? Confirmed | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Jordan Houghton on loan from Chelsea? Confirmed

Jul 6, 2005
Typical over reaction.

We have signed some kid from Chelsea and Promotion is assured.

I don't think so somehow.

He may well be a very promising young defensive midfielder but we need someone who can score goals.

I think that this just confirms that Boateng is not returning and we also need a replacement for Threlkeld when he leaves in a few weeks time.
It might also mean that McHugh is more injured than we realise.

Even with all the injuries, I don't think we are playing too badly apart from individual defensive mistakes.

But since we lost Brunt we can't score from open play and I doubt young Houghton will help much in that regard.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Army green":2gvgoh98 said:
Looks like a promising signing. I wonder if Derek Adams will put him straight into the starting 11 on Saturday?

As so often with Adams, a signing which brings options to the squad.

Houghton's arrival could allow Threlkeld to move to RB without changing the normal midfield set up. Alternatively, if there is a doubt over Hartley this weekend and Mchugh is fit, then Carl could play next to Curtis in centre defence and we still have two holding midfielders.

Guess we will find out 3pm Saturday.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
demportdave":36hnu578 said:
Typical over reaction.

He may well be a very promising young defensive midfielder but we need someone who can score goals.

I think that this just confirms that Boateng is not returning and we also need a replacement for Threlkeld when he leaves in a few weeks time.

Even with all the injuries, I don't think we are playing too badly apart from individual defensive mistakes.

But since we lost Brunt we can't score from open play and I doubt young Houghton will help much in that regard.

Sorry Dave, I can't find any posts that say we're guaranteed promotion with this signing but obviously getting someone in is better than not getting anyone in. Whilst waiting for Hiram to return there was plenty of people rueing that he was a big miss for us and instead of getting him back we've got a player with league 1 experience so it could go well.

But then, I'm a glass half full sort of guy.

Sep 21, 2003
Peverell
demportdave":e8pauzk9 said:
Typical over reaction.

And I thought I was prone to negativity.

From all angles this looks like a good signing. But yes, we still need more up front.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
demportdave":2dak9jej said:
Typical over reaction.

So getting excited about a new signing is an over-reaction? What a strange thing to say.

May 8, 2011
demportdave":1auc204h said:
Typical over reaction.

There has only been one game since Brunt's injury, and in that game although not scoring from open play we scored two from corners, something we haven't done for a long time.

I

I'mArgyleinDubai

Excited by this signing. Need him to come in and hit the ground running. I'm hoping he can play as a box to box type player as it could be quite defensive with both Mchugh and Houghton. This would of course free up Threlkeld who could provide Mellor with competition at right back. It certainly gives us more good options anyway.

If he can score a few goals like this while he's here we'll all be pleased!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLf4Gh0XYsw (go to 58 seconds in).

G

Greenskin

demportdave":1yht5esh said:
Typical over reaction.

Blimey Dave, you make Freathy look like Greenarmy1984 in that post.

demportdave":2cktxuqt said:
Typical over reaction.

To be fair we've only played 1 1/2 games since Brunt got injured. We need Reid to step up now and find his early season form, we know he can do it.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
demportdave":1mkvwpxx said:
Typical over reaction.

'I was happy in the haze of a drunken hour
But heaven knows I'm miserable now'.................. :sad:

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Knarf Reprah":396bg3e6 said:
And that Mr Phillips is why our manager is professional enough to tell the Herald nothing

Way to go Frank, a good point, succinctly put. :clap:

John Cooper

Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
If he's as good as the unknown Sinclair who we loaned from Chelsea he could become a hero

Jan 18, 2009
Bittaford
Team now to fire us to league 1

Luke

Oscar Curtis Pete Gaz

Mchugh Houghton

Jervis Carey Wylde

Reuben

With Tanner, Kelv, Purrington, Nardiello, Tyler to cover all potential problems that might arise!!

Mar 14, 2009
Shame about Boateng because despite their injuries he hasn't been on the bench since that Swansea match. Weird by Pardew.

Look forward to see this player. Let's hope he can help us dominate the middle of the park more. Though a word of caution. Look at Oscar as a prime example. Took him a while to find his feet. He has got better though as his loan spell carried on. Don't expect miracles straight away.

Speaking of Oscar, anyone know of Oscar's last match with us? I thought it was middle of April? I'm curious for how many games come the end of the season we miss him for.