Jordan Houghton on loan from Chelsea? Confirmed | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Jordan Houghton on loan from Chelsea? Confirmed

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Metal_Green_Mickey":nwcunkb8 said:
Shame about Boateng because despite their injuries he hasn't been on the bench since that Swansea match. Weird by Pardew.

Why weird? It's a 25 man squad and there are only 18 match day shirts. He is providing midfield cover because McArthur is out long term but he is very much a part of the first team squad at the moment.

Mar 14, 2009
Lundan Cabbie":1zzuiiv0 said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":1zzuiiv0 said:
Shame about Boateng because despite their injuries he hasn't been on the bench since that Swansea match. Weird by Pardew.

Why weird? It's a 25 man squad and there are only 18 match day shirts. He is providing midfield cover because McArthur is out long term but he is very much a part of the first team squad at the moment.

So Palace are on a terrible run, savaged by injuries and he still cant get game time. Your really providing cover when you don't even get a place on the bench.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Like I said, there are only 18 shirts and Boats is behind four full internationals for his position but that is the depth of squad you have to have in the Prem. There is no Emergency Loan system to fall back on.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Metal_Green_Mickey":3umuo5v2 said:
Lundan Cabbie":3umuo5v2 said:
Metal_Green_Mickey":3umuo5v2 said:

So Palace are on a terrible run, savaged by injuries and he still cant get game time. Your really providing cover when you don't even get a place on the bench.

He's their player though so it really doesn't matter what we think. If there is the slightest chance he'll be needed we won't see him again.

Mar 14, 2009
No there isn't any emergency loan system to fall back on but I feel sorry for these younger guys. They sit in the squad and just make up the numbers. I don't expect him to come back but at the same time do you think at his age it helps him to get no game time/1 brief substitute appearance, for his development?

What a waste of 4-5 months that would be. Like you said he is your player. I'm just thinking about the player and not the benefit of either club.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
We could play Chelsea Dagger when his name is read out at Home Park. :greensmile:

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Its not just the youngsters, there are some senior players who struggle to get game time too. He is playing football though. He captained the Development side the other day. Not as ideal as being out in a competitive league I will admit but necessary right now.

Sep 30, 2004
Ave_IT":zquha316 said:
demportdave":zquha316 said:
Typical over reaction.

We have signed some kid from Chelsea and Promotion is assured.

I don't think so somehow.

He may well be a very promising young defensive midfielder but we need someone who can score goals.

I think that this just confirms that Boateng is not returning and we also need a replacement for Threlkeld when he leaves in a few weeks time.
It might also mean that McHugh is more injured than we realise.

Even with all the injuries, I don't think we are playing too badly apart from individual defensive mistakes.

But since we lost Brunt we can't score from open play and I doubt young Houghton will help much in that regard.
'I was happy in the haze of a drunken hour
But heaven knows I'm miserable now'.................. :sad:

The Smiths...welcome to Home Park young man.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
gandalf_the_green":3p0xrqeb said:
Ave_IT":3p0xrqeb said:
demportdave":3p0xrqeb said:
Typical over reaction.

We have signed some kid from Chelsea and Promotion is assured.

I don't think so somehow.

He may well be a very promising young defensive midfielder but we need someone who can score goals.

I think that this just confirms that Boateng is not returning and we also need a replacement for Threlkeld when he leaves in a few weeks time.
It might also mean that McHugh is more injured than we realise.

Even with all the injuries, I don't think we are playing too badly apart from individual defensive mistakes.

But since we lost Brunt we can't score from open play and I doubt young Houghton will help much in that regard.
'I was happy in the haze of a drunken hour
But heaven knows I'm miserable now'.................. :sad:

The Smiths...welcome to Home Park young man.

Let's hope he is The Cure!!

Welcome :thumbs:

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
I reckon Pardew can ill afford any additional smallprint on the complacency cliff face, even letting out an admirably ambitious young player way off a Prem starting place.

Hope the new CFC youth has some experience of playing on a 'blue monkey' of a pitch, that'd be handy.