Just back | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Just back

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
MannameadGreen":3t6bwxoq said:
On the field, yeah. Don't know about off.

Are there any examples of a bad attitude on the pitch? I've missed them.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I agree with Ian, I haven't seen ANY sign of bad attitude by Smalley at all.

I've seen poor ball control, I've seen poor decision making but never any 'attitude' unless I've missed something.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
With so much going against him it's a miracle he has been offered professional contracts for 8 years now. He can't run. won't pass, has no technical ability, has no work ethic, can't use his body strength effectively, never anticipates a ball before the defender, has no finishing instinct, a poor touch, is very greedy, has no dribbling ability and worst of all a bad attitude. Good grief, how on earth didn't all the scouts and managers responsible for signing him notice all these defects?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
That's my point Jerry, I don't see these things in him. He had a mare on Saturday when he came on, but I've seen him do the opposite in a few games. Cambridge 45 minutes, Swindon in the JPT and a few others he looked really sharp.

Strange player, seen both sides and I'm still not sure what sort of player he is. However, as I say, I've never seen anything like a bad attitude though.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
jerryatricjanner":3lnnfhou said:
With so much going against him it's a miracle he has been offered professional contracts for 8 years now. He can't run. won't pass, has no technical ability, has no work ethic, can't use his body strength effectively, never anticipates a ball before the defender, has no finishing instinct, a poor touch, is very greedy, has no dribbling ability and worst of all a bad attitude. Good grief, how on earth didn't all the scouts and managers responsible for signing him notice all these defects?

Out of interest how many times have you seen Smalley play this season?
I don't think he's as bad as you are describing and having already been promoted from L2 under Sheridan it seems the manager has some faith in him.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Postey, my post was meant to be taking the Michael out of Mannamead Green's earlier post. I don't need to have seen him play at all to know he can't possibly have all those defects and earn a living as a pro for 8 years.

C

Connor Clarke

It's a shame that we often have to resort to Smalley and/or Morgan off the bench when we're chasing games.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
jerryatricjanner":27atlj11 said:
Postey, my post was meant to be taking the Michael out of Mannamead Green's earlier post. I don't need to have seen him play at all to know he can't possibly have all those defects and earn a living as a pro for 8 years.

Oops. On that we agree.

Jun 8, 2014
jerryatricjanner":2hbxny56 said:

I don't think MG is trying to say that he wasn't good at some point, or that he couldn't do it somewhere. It's just very odd, I missed Cambridge and thought he looked alright against Swindon. He's clearly got a powerful shot on him but when he wont run or get into the right positions there's really no point.

As for attitude, I don't think MG means he's a troublemaker or anything, just the lack of effort. Whether that's attitude or his natural way of doing things, I don't know. He just doesn't look like he cares when he's on the pitch, only really interested when the ball is at his feet. He's certainly not a team player - I think that's sort of an attitude player.

C

Connor Clarke

I think the point MG is making is that Smalley is lazy on the pitch. I can see his point, to be fair.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I've cringed at some of the Tweets you youngies send to some of our players.

Players that don't 'care' are few and far between to be honest and perhaps their 'attitude' is one of low confidence rather than 'f*** this why should I be bothered'.

I have seen players that appear to exude this attitude but I certainly haven't seen it in Smalley.

C

Connor Clarke

IJN":qfzrfoet said:
I've cringed at some of the Tweets you youngies send to some of our players.

Players that don't 'care' are few and far between to be honest and perhaps their 'attitude' is one of low confidence rather than 'f*** this why should I be bothered'.

I have seen players that appear to exude this attitude but I certainly haven't seen it in Smalley.

We also cringe at some of the stuff you've put on here- works both ways :greensmile:

If Smalley is low on confidence and isn't performing to the required standard then perhaps that's further evidence we need a striker on loan to bolster our options and give us something different off the bench in the final 20-25 minutes of matches.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Now don't get lippy Connor. :lol: Remember, I'll seek you out and get you beaten up. :twisted:

I certainly don't disagree about the 2nd part, my only point was his attitude was called into question and I don't think that's fair.

I think we need another striker as well as it happens. I've never known a team so dependent on one striker like we are the moment.