Kelle Roos joins on an emergency loan (ball over the line?) | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Kelle Roos joins on an emergency loan (ball over the line?)

Do you think ball was over the line v Gillingham?

• Yes

Votes: 51 40.2%
  • No

Votes: 65 51.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 11 8.7%

• Total voters

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I cannot for the life of me see how the screenshot I posted looks 'well over'... :crazy:

Dec 3, 2005
History now - the Ref and Linesman didnt give it - they are the only two who matter - time to move on.

Oct 24, 2010
I sit high up in block 9 and had an excellent view of it and, sorry, but there is no question but it was clearly over the line by probably 12". All around me agreed. The Matchday moments footage is from the front and the rear so it therefore can't possibly give any indication whether the ball was over the line or not. As I said it most definitely was.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I suppose the club are abiding by an unwritten etiquette towards the linesman and Gillingham by not publicly releasing the only camera footage that would show the ball over the line.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
esmer":2zadnp1j said:
I sit high up in block 9 and had an excellent view of it and, sorry, but there is no question but it was clearly over the line by probably 12". All around me agreed. The Matchday moments footage is from the front and the rear so it therefore can't possibly give any indication whether the ball was over the line or not. As I said it most definitely was.

I have no idea why I'm wading back into this :lol: :facepalm:, but you can't possibly say this is a full foot over the line. I've made sure I've captured the moment when it's furthest 'over' just as Roos touches it back, though in the video he falls on it rather than scoops it back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrVtobg8Ths

Oct 24, 2010
Biggs":2wjsyehd said:
esmer":2wjsyehd said:

I have no idea why I'm wading back into this :lol: :facepalm:, but you can't possibly say this is a full foot over the line. I've made sure I've captured the moment when it's furthest 'over' just as Roos touches it back, though in the video he falls on it rather than scoops it back.

From that angle you can't possibly tell if it was over the line or not, or by how far. Trust me it was well over.

Jul 29, 2010
esmer":1p6ri5k3 said:
Biggs":1p6ri5k3 said:
esmer":1p6ri5k3 said:

From that angle you can't possibly tell if it was over the line or not, or by how far. Trust me it was well over.
I'll trust myself thank you Es...but you're right, WELL over.

All the retrospective imagery stuff is meaningless. In a flat 2D image you don't get depth perspective, you only get that in the moment itself. We were roughly at the same angle to you but on the opposite side and again, everyone round us knew instinctively it was not just over but WELL over.

What a 2D image does though is debunk the conspiracy theorists. Why the lino didn't give it?, the ball was completely obscured by Roos and the post. Why the lack of Gillingham reaction?, only their #11 was right up with play and he is square on to the ball.

The only confusion in my mind is why so many will quite happily say that black is white here. It was WELL over, we don't lose any points by being honest, so why pretend what we saw with our own eyes didn't happen.

I fully accept it's a moot point, the moment has gone, it's history. But it's never "irrelevant drivel", in any circumstance, to be honest about something that happened. Revisionism is never a path worth taking.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
esmer":2j7tk4kg said:

You can tell it wasn't a foot over!

Agree about the depth perception, but that doesn't account for a foot. Any sort of analysis of Roos' body and the movement of the ball tells you it can't possibly have been 'well over'.

I don't think it went over but if it was, it was by millimetres.

X-Isle":2j7tk4kg said:
All the retrospective imagery stuff is meaningless.

How can photographic evidence be meaningless, even if it's not 100% conclusive? Not a game goes by where I've been convinced of something in real time, only to see a replay and be corrected.

The correct position here is to remain undecided, because it's so marginal that none of us can be sure either way.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I'm going to continue with this one as I have nothing better to do at work :twisted:

This is the absolute last frame before Roos touches the ball, as it drops onto the line. No depth perception issues here, as the ball is on the ground or as near-as-dammit.

This is actually probably the closest evidence we have to it being OVER, but it's still far from clear if all the ball is all the way over.

One thing is for sure, it wasn't 'well' over.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
It wasn't over the line, end of story.

You have to be certain to give a goal and the lino had the best angle and was up with play and he didn't give it.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Biggs":1a66pak9 said:
esmer":1a66pak9 said:

Agree about the depth perception, but that doesn't account for a foot. Any sort of analysis of Roos' body and the movement of the ball tells you it can't possibly have been 'well over'.

X-Isle":1a66pak9 said:

How can photographic evidence be meaningless, even if it's not 100% conclusive? Not a game goes by where I've been convinced of something in real time, only to see a replay and be corrected.

The correct position here is to remain undecided, because it's so marginal that none of us can be sure either way.
I've decided, and I'm sure - it was well over. (and I said I wasn't coming back to this). Ask yourself, why hasn't Charlie shown the only camera angle that can prove it?

PL2 3DQ":1a66pak9 said:
I suppose the club are abiding by an unwritten etiquette towards the linesman and Gillingham by not publicly releasing the only camera footage that would show the ball over the line.

Feb 17, 2017
Biggs":2jl1ugkn said:
esmer":2jl1ugkn said:

X-Isle":2jl1ugkn said:

Spot on Biggs, someone who has actually studied the footage and has drawn a conclusion based on fact, not an opinion of its ‘well’ over because I saw it in real time with everyone in the way from behind the goal. How can Image and video proof be meaningless, what is meaningless is opinions of being 50ft and behind the goal saying you saw it ‘well over’.
To even suggest it was 12 inches over is hilarious, if you actually look at Roos’ body position and his arm movements it’s impossible for him to drag the ball back a foot, probably half the length of his arm, this just doesn’t happen, he drops directly on top of it, where it lands is where it was in the air and that is on the line. No where near being over case closed as far as I’m concerned.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Just posting this again on a new page as it's not immediately distinguishable from the earlier pic with the ball in the air. This one is the last frame before Roos touches it, with the ball on the ground...